• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Just FYI if you ever wonder what the category means printed on your card

AOS
=============================================
DV6: Diversity Visa Lottery winner
DV7: spouse
DV8: children

CP
==============================================
DV1: Diversity Visa Lottery winner
DV2: spouse
DV3: children

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI if you ever wonder what the category means printed on your card

AOS
=============================================
DV6: Diversity Visa Lottery winner
DV7: spouse
DV8: children

CP
==============================================
DV1: Diversity Visa Lottery winner
DV2: spouse
DV3: children

Thanks for the update. On my card its says DV6 and i thought as first that it was a mistake.

Got the GC !

Guys,

I received the GC in the mail today. :):) I was so counting the days since the welcoming letter. It seemed to take forever. But, now it's here. Tomorrow, SSN and THANKS to the senator's office who had scheduled to make another inquiry on my behalf at the end of this week. :D

How are things with you, winner2008 ?

Hi guys and Congratulations fjelltronen,
I wrote a letter to my congressman and senators finally. I know it may be late by now but this is my last option or maybe last chance. I hope this will work finally.

Hi guys and Congratulations fjelltronen,
I wrote a letter to my congressman and senators finally. I know it may be late by now but this is my last option or maybe last chance. I hope this will work finally.

Thanks, badluck2 ! Should have wrote to them earlier! I got an immediate response from the congressman's office. It took about 2 weeks for the senator's office to send their inquiry. If you can, go to the office in person, call on the phone or send faxes (time is really important for you right now). Letters take time. The best of luck to you !! Do not give up !!

Guys,

I received the GC in the mail today. :):) I was so counting the days since the welcoming letter. It seemed to take forever. But, now it's here. Tomorrow, SSN and THANKS to the senator's office who had scheduled to make another inquiry on my behalf at the end of this week. :D

How are things with you, winner2008 ?

Congratulations fjelltronen. My kids and I got the welcome letters last Friday, my wife got it yesterday. We are waiting for the cards. Hopefully it is not a long wait.
badluck2, I wish you best of luck.

Hey guys call me good luck now.:)
I received the “Card production ordered” email today:D. I think it is over now after almost 16 months. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. This forum was a good resource of information and supportive idea:cool:.

Gooooooooood !!

I received the “Card production ordered” email today:D. I think it is over now after almost 16 months. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. This forum was a good resource of information and supportive idea:cool:.

Grt news.....I'll drink for you brother !! I was following your case and I'm glad your 'luck' worked out for good at the end. BTW you know what was wrong?:cool:.....see the 2nd line in ur sig....that was wrong all along...now go correct it !! :Djust kidding !:) anyways my best wishes for your future....cheers !:)

13 Days to DV-2008

Hello All, I just want to update my status

March 07: NL received
March 07: Mailed forms to KCC
July 07: Send I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals etc from my Wife process (H1 -> labor Cert -> adjustment of status) (don't ask why !!)
October 07: Biometrics for my Wife's Process
November - December 07: Receive Travel Doc, Work Permit
August 08: Made decision to send DV-2008 forms
August 18, 08: Send "expedite" I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals from my DV-2008
August 20, 08: Send "expedite" the DV-2008 $750 Visa Fee
August 25, 08: I-485 Checks Cashed
August 27, 08: Receive the receipts for all of the 3 forms
August 30, 08: Biometric Appointment letter received, appointment for September 10
August 30, 08: Received the receipt of the $750
September 03, 08: Went to USCIS office for a "walk in" biometrics, they try to convince Us to came on our date, but after some talk of my part they allow Us to do it, They only take one fingerprint and one photo since me and my wife where already on the system. (they mention case 2 type of biometrics, like a confirmation that we are who we said we are)
September 17: Receive letter for USCIS local Appointment for September 24

Best to all

JAZ

wow...wow....wow....:):):) so happy for you!!!

YYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Am very happy for ya. Now, we can all party. Its nice to know that everyone got their greencard. This is good news buddy

Hello All, I just want to update my status

March 07: NL received
March 07: Mailed forms to KCC
July 07: Send I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals etc from my Wife process (H1 -> labor Cert -> adjustment of status) (don't ask why !!)
October 07: Biometrics for my Wife's Process
November - December 07: Receive Travel Doc, Work Permit
August 08: Made decision to send DV-2008 forms
August 18, 08: Send "expedite" I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals from my DV-2008
August 20, 08: Send "expedite" the DV-2008 $750 Visa Fee
August 25, 08: I-485 Checks Cashed
August 27, 08: Receive the receipts for all of the 3 forms
August 30, 08: Biometric Appointment letter received, appointment for September 10
August 30, 08: Received the receipt of the $750
September 03, 08: Went to USCIS office for a "walk in" biometrics, they try to convince Us to came on our date, but after some talk of my part they allow Us to do it, They only take one fingerprint and one photo since me and my wife where already on the system. (they mention case 2 type of biometrics, like a confirmation that we are who we said we are)
September 17: Receive letter for USCIS local Appointment for September 24

Best to all

JAZ

Is the sep 24 appointment for your interview? if it is, then USCIS must be getting very efficient.

AWESOME !!! CONGRATULATIONS, GOODLUCK2 !!! ;) It's such a relief ! :) Enjoy it ! :) You'll get the card before the end of the month. :):)

I'm very happy that all dv-08 winners that contributed to this thread got their GC :)

I wish the same to all dv-09 winners !!!

CONGRATULTAIONS GOODLUCK2 !!!!!!!!!!, and hope the best for you JAZB on the interview !!
I hope all us DV2009 winners have a great forum as you did guys, whish us luck :)

Thank you every one, Glistenpearls, Dfdo, dv2008gh, Johnkent, fjelltronen, matutelandia,

And JAZB good luck with your interview. Remember, I had one of the hardest cases . So, make sure you read my previous posts. Every thing is possible when it comes to USCIS.

GoodLuck2

Is the sep 24 appointment for your interview? if it is, then USCIS must be getting very efficient.

I believe one benefit jazb had was he did his biometric way long before he submitted the DV application. That's why his data already available for USCIS officer to decide moving with interview.

Has he not taken the biometric previously, I would be sure he won't get it due to the rule of 180 days prior expediting his name check process.

Well, I'm guessing it is for the interview ... I will be reading all of the post in here to prepare for mine.

Also a friend that was on my same situation with the his other process (h1 - labor cert - green card) that also win the lottery send the papers a week after myself, got the biometrics appointment a week after me and I told him to go for a walk in, he did last week. He also receive is USCIS appointment for the same day is myself, mine is at 7.30 an his is at 8.30 am

Looks like we both where already cleared bye the fbi, but for sure and so far everything is moving fast.

I will update the outcome of the interview next wednesday

Regards

JAZ

badluck2 I just saw your post with good news. I am sooooooooooo happy for you. After so much difficulty, its now time to celebrate. Soon you will get the cards and its over.

JAZB goodluck with your interview. I am pretty sure oyu are going to get your GC through DV.

By the way, we got our GCs yesterday.:D

Last edited by a moderator: