• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV WINNERS APPRECIATION

faith100

Dear fellow DV Winners! In spite of what I read on some threads, I think it's high time we show heartfelt appreciation to this forum, and super moderators who have gone out of their way, busy schedules to consistently provide priceless guidance to DV winners. Many DV winners on this forum including unregistered visitors have benefited immensely from direction provided by Sm1smom and Britsimom, amongst others.

Take a moment to think about the precious time and energy expended by Sm1smom and Fiefia for preparing the spreadsheets that guided us through this process. In fact we could have paid hugh $$$ to seasoned attorneys and still will have gotten nowhere as most of them lack fundamental understanding of the process. In addition, Britsimom goes out of his way to perform CEAC data update. Like some of us they could have easily faded away after winning. So to cut long story short, to me verbal "THANK YOU" is not enough. Out of our own FREE WILL, let's show greater appreciation to them and this forum for tremendous job they have done and continue to do.

Consequently, I am proposing we identify a free donation website to make donations. To ensure transparency, the proposed website (like "GoFundMe.com") must be able to show donations made by every individual. I am open to ideas as to the best way to approach this. Please, pass this on to previous beneficiaries of this forum.

Kudos immigration.com!

Any ideas?

I want to get this party started.;)

Sm1smom, Britsimom, or forum manager(s), can you set up a donation account so we can start buying you some drink, lunch or dinner???

I want to put :) on your face as you help someone navigate the immigration process.

I am itching to give not because I have, but just want to show appreciation. I could not have gone far without your help.

:) You make me smile.

Simon and I already responded on the AOS Thread where you originally posted this idea. I will go ahead and put them up on this Thread also since it seems you haven't seen it and for the benefit of others who do not visit the AOS Thread.

Congratulations once again, and thanks for coming back to thank us and show your appreciation for our support. Personally though, (and I truly appreciate the gesture behind your grand plan :)), I don't think it's necessary to give us monetary rewards for the assistance we're rendering here. Every time people approach me and ask what they could possibly do to reward me for my time, I just tell them to "pay it forward"

394b2ad61bb7937a7f551c220110ca68.jpg

That's a nice idea. Moms idea of Pay it Forward is wonderful but if anyone does want to make a donation, perhaps you could support one of the charities helping in Nepal such as UNicef http://www.unicef.org/

That is very kind of you to bring this up - and I agree entirely with Moms sentiments about Pay it Forward. If someone is determined to donate something then let us look at Nepal as I posted above or any other charity that is dear to you. Perhaps just do a good thing for someone or be nice to a stranger - because you never know , that stranger could be Mom, Susie or myself, or one of the many people that has contributed toward this incredible community resource.

Wonderful, consistent selflessness.
I surely will continue to extend acts of kindness.
Those who are not used to sharing try it out! It leaves you with a very good feeling kind of re energises you.

Yeh thanks helpful former winners. Appreciated by all!

Don't forget @SusieQQQ !

I am not a mod of course so didn't answer ... But donating to Nepal was the first thing I thought of too.

I would also add, apart from mom and simon just being nice people, forums change when moderators are paid. This way you know they are there because they want to help, not because they want a fistful of dollars.