• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winner from Bangladesh: How may I serve you?

suman619747

Registered Users (C)
I am a DV 2008 winner from Bangladeh and I think I have a god expeience about DV Visa (I may be wrong also), If anybody need any suggessions regarding DV or about your new coming to USA plz don't hesitate to ask me. I may indicate that I can help more Bangladeshi people and i have experience about it.

First I appreciate your initiative regarding helping DV winners from Bangladesh.
1) I want to know:
a) When did you finish your interview?
b) Are you single or married?
c) Where are you now?

2) I am a married person with one 7+ girls. I won the lottery and my wife and daughter are also included. I don’t have any bank balance in Bangladesh.
a) Do I need Evidence of Support (Sponsor) from a USA citizen or a Green Card Holder?
b) Do they ask for bank balance or bank statement?

Also I have a thread with the subject of “Exceptional Issue, Need Advice” in this forum. Please try to answer that thread also, it will help me lot.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
either of the two green card holder or citizen can provide you with affidavit of support. You ( send it to sponsor) or the sponsor can download the I-134 but it should be filled by the sponsor. You dont actually need a bank statement from your sponsor.cheers!!!

Happy to see Bangladesh's Name in this forum. Thanks for that. My question is I have few correction in my DS-230. I have already e-mailed to KCC. Hopefully will get reply soon. What is your openion about this. Thanks

Sorry for my late reply @pratik.
Don't worry about affidavit of support. All you need a address to USA where you are going to live after getting the visa.It can be your relative or friend, the person need not be big a/c holder also. Be sure that the address should be available after 2 months you arrive at USA coz ur green card will be sent to this address. No need to show your bank balance, they won't ask for it. Just take care of your educational documents. Make your passport up to date. That's all.

Hello @mic,
Don't worry about the correction. Just email them and wait for reply. All are automatically corrected. Be sure that you email them from the address you posted during your dv application. And if you get automated reply in 1 days then it is correct. Be sure that you indicated your Case number, Name, and date of birth in the email or they won't disclose any information.

Thanks for coming back

1) I like to know:
a) Are you single or married?
b) When did you finish your interview?
c) Please write your interview experiences (What did they ask at the interview?)
d) How did you organize your documents? (In which order)
e) Did you keep originals and photocopies in one file or keep separately?
f) Which doctor is better for medical?
g) How many days before you made the appointment with the doctor?
h) How many days it takes to finish the medical?
i) What about the professional documents? Do we need to submit those or we will show them later if they ask for?

Imp: Please keep in mind I am a married person with a kid, So I have to do medical and interview along with my wife and daughter.
Thanks

pratik...

i cannot reply all of the questions right now...but some of those
Please write your interview experiences (What did they ask at the interview?)

you are married, so your most important thing will be to prove your marriage, take several photo albums, the window is small so those large ones wont go through, use the one the studios give you.

the photos will have the following things to prove your marriage
1) pictures of as many guests as possible
2. pictures covering you , your wife and as many relatives possible.
3) birth certificate of ur daughter is a natural entity
4) you may be asked personal questions like if you had physical intercourse last night, what u had for dinner, lunch. what time u went to bed? what is ur favourite food?

i am professional guy , so they asked me questions abt my job, they also verified my company by calling them .

d) How did you organize your documents? (In which order)
organize according to the 2nd letter list, there is an order, 1st your one, then your wife's one, marriage certificate in english, kabin nama , nikah nama

e) Did you keep originals and photocopies in one file or keep separately?
i had two sets seperately...the Visa assistant will help you with those ...

f) Which doctor is better for medical?

i went to dr Wahid , i guess at banani...he is extremely rude and asked for money from me, he doesnt trust his staffs.

g) How many days before you made the appointment with the doctor?
probably 10 days back

h) How many days it takes to finish the medical?
u can speak to the doctor abt that

i) What about the professional documents? Do we need to submit those or we will show them later if they ask for?

u should submit those with the documents , they will review the documents you submit for 2 hours, then they will call one after one for interviews...

say hello to the visa officer and try to maintain a smiling professional attitude, wear suits and ties according to your profession..be honest and be yourself...

good luck

Need help from DV winner of Bangladesh

I won DV 2009 from Bangladesh, my case no 11xxxxxx. I did following two mistake in my DS-230 form:

1. In the DS-230 form where Name and Address of Petitioner is asked, we wrote N/A (But as a winner I am the petitioner).

2. In my form DS-230 PART No. 11 (Address where I want my Green Card) by mistake I wrote 3-xx, xxth STREET, istead of 33-xx, xxth STREET. But other placeses we wrote correct adress (In my form No 10 and also in my husbands form we used same address).

Some of you who have similar experiences answer me please,

1. My case will consider for further processing for vissa contains this mistake?
2. What I have to do now?

Waiting to know from helpful people of this forum.

I would do nothing in this case, but let both correct at the interview. Or you wirte a mail to KCC (incl. CN, DOB and full name) and tell them what the should correct.

Thank you very much Tazmania for your quick response. I wrote to KCC and Today I got reply from KCC. They replied me that These mistake does not affect my case for further processing and they will update my information.

HELP - WHO have already landed in USA....

Hello all DV winners from BD, who have already arrived in USA..

1. How much dollar you can endorse in your passport (per person of a family) while moving to usa with immigration visa?

2. Does immigration (at Dhaka or USA) ask how much money we are carrying? (both endorsed in passport and without endorsed?)

3. Is it mandatory to endorse dollar in all the passports (each memebr of the family including kid)?

Any reply will be appreciated.

Please read and asn. me

Hello Sumon,and other friends/ I am Hannan from Bangladesh. I applied dv2010 and if i won then what can i do ? pls explain me below questions:-

1.from winnig notification I need to go home form saudi arabia to Bangladesh atonce?
2.what kinds of documents requare to show them seat for intervew?

3. I am in saudi arabia and i want no meantion i am in abroad. but only sumite my 12 grade passed certificate and it is enough for me?

4. IN dhaka embassy first intervew time fee paid only main applicant ? or total meantioned companions ?

5. when first letter i received what i do then?I gave my village address where the letter may come. But now i am in saudi arabia.

6. my passport name and certificate name vary such as in certificate named as mohammad abdul hannan and date of bith 5/7/1973 on the other hand my passport name as abdul hannan miah and date of birth 3/9/1965. thats why i want esc. my overseas experience and want submite only educational qualification and it is ok for me?

7. I hold dv via german com. named www.americangreencard.de then they may advice me or help me for guide line advice?

8. in Bangladesh dhaka any lawyer of office avilable for my help ? can i make new passport except my now passport ?date of birh and name correct as certificate?

9. My marrige reg. date and actual marrige date is vary and when i married she was under 18 years old. It is problem for me? or i need to make certificate sam as what i meantioned on dv for wife birth date? I gave wife date of birh 1984.1.1. and actualy marrige reg. was 1991/july9th and marrige date was 1996 july13 but my kabin nama time officer ask groom age 18 ? or not ? then we lie and speak 18 year old she but actually she that time 1991 age a7 years. now how to handle it? I need to make new certificate for wife marrige reg. and marry ? i meantion here my first daughter date of birh 2000.10 april.
pls advice me total soultion for above all thread.

My email isabdulhannanmiah@yahoo.com.
i am sorry for disturbing you.

your faithfully
Hannan

need important information

Dear Sumon

I am one the dv winner. I have got marry after submitting first letter. I informed it to US Embassy Dhka over e-mail. I got reply over telephone & told me to bring my wife at interview date. If I want apply for her then I need to fill up those form for my wife which I did for me & sended to KCC. I did accordingly as they instructed. Finally I appeared for interview middle of March with my wife. The tried to prove reality of our relationship by asking few question to both of us individualy. I could pass & it was proved that we are valid couple. Consular looked satisfied. On that day they told us that we are conditionally approved. We need some additional processing. We got a blue sheet and a white sheet & they told me that they will let us know over cell phone. I have been waiting for 15 days. Now my question
1. What types of additional processing they need in this ground.
2. How many days or months they basically takes to call.
3. What condition is there? as they told conditionally approved.

Please give me information if u can

Thanks

Milon

I am a DV 2008 winner from Bangladeh and I think I have a god expeience about DV Visa (I may be wrong also), If anybody need any suggessions regarding DV or about your new coming to USA plz don't hesitate to ask me. I may indicate that I can help more Bangladeshi people and i have experience about it.

Dear Sumon

I am one the dv winner. I have got marry after submitting first letter. I informed it to US Embassy Dhka over e-mail. I got reply over telephone & told me to bring my wife at interview date. If I want apply for her then I need to fill up those form for my wife which I did for me & sended to KCC. I did accordingly as they instructed. Finally I appeared for interview middle of March with my wife. The tried to prove reality of our relationship by asking few question to both of us individualy. I could pass & it was proved that we are valid couple. Consular looked satisfied. On that day they told us that we are conditionally approved. We need some additional processing. We got a blue sheet and a white sheet & they told me that they will let us know over cell phone. I have been waiting for 15 days. Now my question
1. What types of additional processing they need in this ground.
2. How many days or months they basically takes to call.
3. What condition is there? as they told conditionally approved.

Please give me information if u can

Thanks

Milon

Hi, I am Arifeen from Bangladesh a DV winner 2010, my case no:2010AS00011***. Just got my first letter last week. I have some questions plzz help me on that...

Q1. This is my last year of BBA but on DSP-122 item no# 6 asked for what is the highest level of education that I've complete...which on is right for me here... i) High School, No degree ii) High school Diploma iii) College, No degree iv) University Degree ?? so confusing

Q2. I am single so, how many photographs I have to attach on DSP-230 part1 and part2 ? should I have to attach 2 photos on two parts?

Q3. should I have to write my case number on the right top of the supplemental form also?

Q4. how much time I got for my first letter back to kcc, within 15 days ok for that?

plzz... reply early as possible, thanx a lot.

Hi Suman, I am Arifeen from Bangladesh a DV winner 2010, my case no:2010AS00011***. Just got my first letter last week. I have some questions plzz help me on that...

Q1. This is my last year of BBA but on DSP-122 item no# 6 asked for what is the highest level of education that I've complete...which on is right for me here... i) High School, No degree ii) High school Diploma iii) College, No degree iv) University Degree ?? so confusing

Q2. I am single so, how many photographs I have to attach on DSP-230 part1 and part2 ? should I have to attach 2 photos on two parts?

Q3. should I have to write my case number on the right top of the supplemental form also?

Q4. how much time I got for my first letter back to kcc, within 15 days ok for that?

Hi Suman, I am Arifeen from Bangladesh a DV winner 2010, my case no:2010AS00011***. Just got my first letter last week. I have some questions plzz help me on that...

1.check carefully there is one field called OTHER at last,select that and specify the current status of ur study till date.

2.0nly 1 photo.

3.yes

4.ok, no hurry, be careful while filling up forms.
dv2010 will be over on 30sep2010.so ur forms should reach kcc by or before that time. after that no interview will be scheduled.
take ur time to make sure forms r filled up correctly and perfectly.and its better to send the forms as soon as possible as per the instruction of kcc .

all the best, cheers.

1.check carefully there is one field called OTHER at last,select that and specify the current status of ur study till date.

2.0nly 1 photo.

3.yes

4.ok, no hurry, be careful while filling up forms.
dv2010 will be over on 30sep2010.so ur forms should reach kcc by or before that time. after that no interview will be scheduled.
take ur time to make sure forms r filled up correctly and perfectly.and its better to send the forms as soon as possible as per the instruction of kcc .

all the best, cheers.

Thank you so much buddy...you rock!! :) :)
Arifeen

i am dv2010 winner....got my 1st letter on 22nd june.i have some questions...
1.Can I download the dsp-230 and dsp-122 form from online and then submit the printed copy to NCC?
2.there are some errors in my passport like spelling of my mother's name,now should i only correct the mistake or will it be better to make new passport?
3.Can I afford to take some times for replying to KCC say like 1 month....just to assure that i am applying correctly?