• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv visa interview - 2014as0002xxx

Gc2014

Registered Users (C)
Case No: 2014AS0002XXX
Entry checked : May 02 2013
Forms sent to KCC : May 05 2013
Confirmed delivery by KCC : May 29 2013
2nd NL: NOV 21 2013
Police clearance: DEC 20 2013
Medicals: DEC 10 2013
Interview:JAN 16 2014
Visa pick up: 23 JAN 2014
P.O.E: NOT YET

interview less then 3 min only checking my documents and just "How are you?" and 1st time applied? answer was YES

Feel free for any of your questions.

Qualifying with education and work but they even did not see my masters degree only high school

Friends it's really very very easy please face your interview, hope you all get it

Also read more threats here and get more information from experts like britsimon and others

Qualifying with education and work but they even did not see my masters degree only high school

Friends it's really very very easy please face your interview, hope you all get it

Also read more threats here and get more information from experts like britsimon and others

Congratz my dear friend........ !!! i'm also from Sri Lanka.... i have few problems
1)Did they ask bank statements?
2)How did you make the payment ? (Cash,Cheque,Credit Card, Bank Draft)
3)Were they friendly, what did they ask?
4)How & when did u submit your A/L certificate token to embassy?
5)How & when did u submit your medical reports?
6)Are they giving a chance to change the GC mailing address?

Congratz my dear friend........ !!! i'm also from Sri Lanka.... i have few problems
4)How & when did u submit your A/L certificate token to embassy?
5)How & when did u submit your medical reports?
6)Are they giving a chance to change the GC mailing address?

First off, congratulations on your successful interview.

While I wasn't there at the interview with you, I am certain your interview was based on educational qualification. Qualifying based on work experience will last a lot more longer than 3 minutes, and it wouldn't have been based on what you filed out on your DS-230 form alone, there would have been more documents required to back up your claim. It's important to clarify this for the sake of those yet to face the CO or for anyone reading in the future.

1st of all i did not choose sri lanka for interview but nearest country while i am living there.

yes
credit card
toooo friendly but dont know about Sri Lanka US embassy consular, i am sure all those local Sri Lankans working in the US embassy in Sri Lanka very keen into reject your visa but they cant do this only visa officer so face your interview, you will get it.
4)How & when did u submit your A/L certificate token to embassy? normal
5)How & when did u submit your medical reports? sent by Medical cnt
6)Are they giving a chance to change the GC mailing address? anytime you can change before they issue your visa

Thanks and of course i have to clarify this.

They check each and every documents from education and work experience, also i filed the forms and mentioned my high education and work experience too.

:) I know you provided all of that information on your form - education and work experience - but at the end of the day, I'm willing to bet your approval was based on educational qualification. Yes, they probably considered your 'work experience' in determining that you will not become a public charge, however, it wasn't the main basis of your approval.

When an applicant meets the minimum high school qualification requirement, the work experience qualification is mute. For work experience to have applied, while I admit I have no idea what you do for a living, you would have had to prove that you're in a job position which falls within a Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in the SVP range of 7.0 or higher. Since this did not happen, I conclude your approval was based on your meeting the educational requirement.

Thanks and of course i have to clarify this.

They check each and every documents from education and work experience, also i filed the forms and mentioned my high education and work experience too.

...i am sure all those local Sri Lankans working in the US embassy in Sri Lanka very keen into reject your visa but they cant do this only visa officer so face your interview, you will get it...
This is sad, and unfortunately it's not just Srilanka. Asians in general are known for this "crab mentality", like a bunch of crabs in an open bucket pulling each other down so not one escapes.