• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery

Eitan

Hello,
I want to register green card lottery directly by the us government.
I have looked at the site: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/, but didn't see any option.

As I presume the next green card lottery is for dv-2016 about 1/10/14 - 2/11/14 - (am I right!?), but I couldn't register, and don't know whether the above site is opened or whether it is the correct one, or shall I use other site?

What details shall I give in order to register the green card lottery.

Any help will be appreciable.

Hello,
I want to register green card lottery directly by the us government.
I have looked at the site: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/, but didn't see any option.

As I presume the next green card lottery is for dv-2016 about 1/10/14 - 2/11/14 - (am I right!?), but I couldn't register, and don't know whether the above site is opened or whether it is the correct one, or shall I use other site?

What details shall I give in order to register the green card lottery.

Any help will be appreciable.

Yes you have the right link, but you can only register when registration is open. Good luck.

When is exactly the site http://www.dvlotery.stat.gov active? Is there any advertisement of that site by the government before the lottery?
I would be glade for some screenshots of that site when active, and what exactly shall I fill, in order not getting surprised.

When is exactly the site http://www.dvlotery.stat.gov active? Is there any advertisement of that site by the government before the lottery?
I would be glade for some screenshots of that site when active, and what exactly shall I fill, in order not getting surprised.

You already quoted the dates. As for screenshots there are some youtube videos that show how to fill it out - just be very careful to read the instructions properly....

Thank you - That's help.
How can I ensure the dates I had quoted are correct (Are the date anywhere else)?

Also, as I know, there are lot of 3rd party companies, that do the all process for you with some fee.
How they enter the email? Should they enter my email, or theirs?
If they fill their email - I don't understand, because it is duplicated for each entity, so how can it be legal?

Thank you - That's help.
How can I ensure the dates I had quoted are correct (Are the date anywhere else)?

Also, as I know, there are lot of 3rd party companies, that do the all process for you with some fee.
If they fill their email - I don't understand, because it is duplicated for each entity, so how can it be legal?

Why do you need to use a 3rd party company to enter the DV lottery when you have access to the internet and I presume you can read? You do not stand a higher chance of winning using a 3rd party than filing the eDV application yourself.

You can bookmark this page:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

Check it on a regular basis for updated information regarding DV2016. Right now, it has information regarding DV 2015, however, it would hurt for you to go over that and familiarize yourself with the instructions, most (if not all) of which will equally be applicable to DV 2016.

Thank you - That's help.

You would be very foolish to let a third party submit for you - many people have found themselves blackmailed since the agent controls access tou your winning details. It is Very simonple to enter, d it yourself.

You would be very foolish to let a third party submit for you - many people have found themselves blackmailed since the agent controls access tou your winning details. It is Very simonple to enter, d it yourself.

Not just that but there have been cases of them keeping your details and continuing to enter in subsequent years - person being unaware and also submits - = duplicate entry and disqualification

There is absolutely no benefit to letting a third party entry for you unless you do not have any internet access at all.

Did you mean that 3rd party companies for Green Card Lottery are not reliable, for following reasons? :
1. They enter their own email, so us government may see it as duplicated, if they send requests for several entities.
2. They may send email to authorization for next years, so if one unaware to this, he/she may send too his/her request, and hence the record is mark as duplicated, and this lead to disqualification.
3. There may be some missed details, that you didn't enter when submitted for the 3rd party company.
4. It is not so difficult entering my submission to Green Card Lottery, so why shall I pay?