• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery - How furnishing DS-260 form

good_good

Hi Experts,
while furnishing the DS-26 form, I come across following questions :
Q1.) Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
I don’t remember when & what ‘vaccinations’ I had received as I don't have any records. Please suggest how can I manage to answer this question because when I choose "NO", it asks for "Explanation".

I think, if I choose "YES", I would have to show its proof to CO.
Please suggest what should I do here ?

rgd,
good_good

If you don't have the documentation today to prove that you have all the vaccinations, you should select 'No' and write an explanation along the lines of 'Vaccinations will be acquired prior to medical and/or interview'.

The lawyer in that AVVO answer is estimating what the vaccinations may cost. What vaccinations you need depends on what you already have, and the panel doctor's assessment of what they think you need. I needed boosters that came to $200AUD plus the medical which was $450AUD but it differs from panel doctor to panel doctor.

Hi Experts,
while furnishing the DS-26 form, I come across following questions :
Q1.) Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
I don’t remember when & what ‘vaccinations’ I had received as I don't have any records. Please suggest how can I manage to answer this question because when I choose "NO", it asks for "Explanation".

I think, if I choose "YES", I would have to show its proof to CO.
Please suggest what should I do here ?

rgd,
good_good

Go though the link below which Simon has kindly put together to assist with how to fill out the DS-260 form as related to DV cases:

http://britsimonsays.com/completing-the-ds260-for-dv-lottery-entrants/

Thanks Sm1smom & EmilyW for easing this answer. I got it.

I have one more question pls:
My wife, a principal applicant, is a house wife and does not have any work experience ever.
She has the following academics qualification from India :
  1. 10th (i.e. 10 years in schools),
  2. 12th (ie. 2 years in higher secondary school),
  3. Bachelor of Science(Honours) (i.e 3 years University degree),
  4. Bachelor of Education (i.e One year course for already Graduated students) this is awarded by a University.

Her 10th and B. Sc.(Hons) certificates are issued in Non-English language (i.e in Hindi ).
So my question is:
1.) Does she need to have English version of all these four levels of academic certificates ?
If she can get affidavit for all non-English certificates, will that fulfill the need ?

2.) Does she need to have all these four levels of certificates to be "Evaluated" by any US Education Evaluation authority , like"Transforte Corporation" or so, before going into Visa Interview ? Please suggest.

Please suggest me.
Thank you !
regards,
good_good

Thanks Sm1smom & EmilyW for easing this answer. I got it.

I have one more question pls:
My wife, a principal applicant, is a house wife and does not have any work experience ever.
She has the following academics qualification from India :
  1. 10th (i.e. 10 years in schools),
  2. 12th (ie. 2 years in higher secondary school),
  3. Bachelor of Science(Honours) (i.e 3 years University degree),
  4. Bachelor of Education (i.e One year course for already Graduated students) this is awarded by a University.

Her 10th and B. Sc.(Hons) certificates are issued in Non-English language (i.e in Hindi ).
So my question is:
1.) Does she need to have English version of all these four levels of academic certificates ?
If she can get affidavit for all non-English certificates, will that fulfill the need ?

2.) Does she need to have all these four levels of certificates to be "Evaluated" by any US Education Evaluation authority , like"Transforte Corporation" or so, before going into Visa Interview ? Please suggest.

Please suggest me.
Thank you !
regards,
good_good

Assuming you guys are not interviewing in India, yes, she will need to get the certificates translated into English. Swearing an affidavit and presenting the documents 'as is' is not enough, they will need to get translated, and the person doing the translation will need to include a signed certification that they're fluent both in Hindi and English.

The certificates are not required to be evaluated for the immigration interview purpose, however if you guys want to go the extra step of doing that now, (in addition to getting a certified translation), it might not be a bad idea.

Hi Sm1smom, we are choosing India to get interviewed . Do we still need Translation of certificates ?

On second thought, I think it might still be a good idea to get those documents translated into English. I'm not sure if Hindi is the only official none English language used at the embassy. So to be on the safe side, and if I was in your shoes, I would be getting those documents translated into English.

Hi Sm1smom, I agree with your suggestion.

However, I was referring the site travel.state.gove, where it is mentioned:->
——————————————————-——————————————————-——————————————————-
“Translation Requirements:
All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations….”
————————————————————————————————————-——————————————————-
May be I am interpreting this statement wrong as it gives me impression like:
when I choose Hindi as my Visa Interview language while uploading online Visa Application, all Hindi documents are fine with me else I need to have them translated into English (?)

Second interpretation:
If I am able to choose English fonts/characters to furnish my online Visa application form AND Hindi is official language at that Consulate office, then my Hindi documents are fine; else I have to have all documents translated into English.

What you say is Correct as per second interpretation. But it might be different when I look with my first interpretation glass. Am I interpreting it wrong here - pls suggest !

For the number of educations I have mentioned above, I hope it would not be wrong to choose if I write
"Number of Education Institutional Attended :" 4 in DS-260 form. Please correct if I am wrong.

My wife is a house-wife, so can I choose as "HOME MAKER" for her from occupation list ?
Or should I select as Unemployed ? Please suggest.

How to identify an Alien Number on Visa. I have L1 and B1 visa on my passport but now sure whether I have this no. How to identify this number.
I need to reply to this question on DS-260 form -> "Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?"

Please help me!

Hi Sm1smom, I agree with your suggestion.

However, I was referring the site travel.state.gove, where it is mentioned:->
——————————————————-——————————————————-——————————————————-
“Translation Requirements:
All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations….”
————————————————————————————————————-——————————————————-
May be I am interpreting this statement wrong as it gives me impression like:
when I choose Hindi as my Visa Interview language while uploading online Visa Application, all Hindi documents are fine with me else I need to have them translated into English (?)

Second interpretation:
If I am able to choose English fonts/characters to furnish my online Visa application form AND Hindi is official language at that Consulate office, then my Hindi documents are fine; else I have to have all documents translated into English.

What you say is Correct as per second interpretation. But it might be different when I look with my first interpretation glass. Am I interpreting it wrong here - pls suggest !

Try not to over think the process or you will end up tripping yourself. The option of interviewing in English or the official language of a country has no bearing on the "All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations….” directive as given IMO. If you're certain Hindi is the/one of the official languages spoken in India and is recognized as such by the embassy, then I suppose you don't need to translate the documents. If you're not certain, go the extra step of getting the certified translations. Plus the certified translations could actually come in handy years down the road in the U.S.

My wife is a house-wife, so can I choose as "HOME MAKER" for her from occupation list ?
Or should I select as Unemployed ? Please suggest.

Again, don't over think the process or your answers. Either response is fine. Although if she's never worked and the decision to not work was consciously taken, then I guess "Home Maker" is more ideal. If it's simply a matter of recently unemployed, inability to find an ideal job, simply not working due to circumstances beyond her control, etc, then you may want to pick "Unemployed" but honestly speaking, I don't think it matters much what you pick.

How to identify an Alien Number on Visa. I have L1 and B1 visa on my passport but now sure whether I have this no. How to identify this number.
I need to reply to this question on DS-260 form -> "Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?"

Please help me!

Your Alien # should be listed under the 'Registration Number' of your L1 visa. Take a look at the following link for further guidance:

https://e-verify.uscis.gov/esp/help/EvHelpAlienandI94Nbr.htm

Hi Sm1smom,
Thank you for sharing this link. Your suggestions are very precise !

Thank you for your efforts and suggestins.