• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery 2015 winner

giorgi

I am a 2015 DV lottery winner together with my family. Since I am having some issues, unfortunately I have to go alone and leave my family. I have some questions to all of you kind people:
1. If the family don't come with me, will they lose the green card?
2. If I go, stay there 45 days, get the green card and then go back to my country as soon as I will be given the green card and then travel to the US and spend only some weeks every year, will it cause any problems? Will I still be able to maintain the green card?

1. If your family doesn't process with you as your derivatives, then they cannot loose something they never had in the first place. If they process with you and are issued with their visas, but do not go to the U.S. to activate their LPR status, then they loose the opportunity once the visas expire.

2. Yes, it will be an issue after a while, and no, you will not be able to keep your GC, you will eventually loose your LPR status. The GC is intended for people who wish to live permanently in the US.