• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery 2010- status of the Case number

Oh, I got it. Neither one.
I'm just waiting for 2 NL. But I'm not sure if I'll receive it.

You have to do one of the 2...One means you are in the US on a visa and want to change your status which is called AOS and the other means you are going in your country of living and have the interview at your embassy...

You have to do one of the 2...One means you are in the US on a visa and want to change your status which is called AOS and the other means you are going in your country of living and have the interview at your embassy...

You can also do CP if you are living in a different country other than your country of birth. The preference is simply yours (winner) to decide. Infact, KCC gives you that option

I'm in USA. So I need to do AOS. I'm on F-1 status. I received my first letter from KCC by e-mail, and sent it back in the beginning of October. What is my chance?

I'm in USA. So I need to do AOS. I'm on F-1 status. I received my first letter from KCC by e-mail, and sent it back in the beginning of October. What is my chance?

Even if you are in the US you can still decide to do CP, but you have to travel back...

If you have a high number you might be better off doing CP since the process goes faster or you can do AOS and check the time line for your USCIS field office.
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do

Make sure you have all info/papers ready and check them over and over so you won't get them send back, which happened to my friend...she got them back yesterday because she forgot to fill out one box....but she has enough time, for the rest all her documents where stamped by a comp. and ready to be processed and they will be back there by tomorrow...since she has time enough, it doesn't matter much, but if you have a high number it might be a huge issue.

Even if you are in the US you can still decide to do CP, but you have to travel back...

If you have a high number you might be better off doing CP since the process goes faster or you can do AOS and check the time line for your USCIS field office.

Make sure you have all info/papers ready and check them over and over so you won't get them send back, which happened to my friend...she got them back yesterday because she forgot to fill out one box....but she has enough time, for the rest all her documents where stamped by a comp. and ready to be processed and they will be back there by tomorrow...since she has time enough, it doesn't matter much, but if you have a high number it might be a huge issue.

It's doesn't matter how long have I been here in US??? And also it doesn't matter where I was when I played E-DV? Coz, I played here in US and on that time I been here 6 months. What documents need to be ready?

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance

If you look for example the december bulletin http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4587.html you will notice in the DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY Section that Asia has the number 8250. This means if your Case Number is below 8250 you may apply to Adjust Status as visa is available for number below 8250. You number is 27xxx, so it is pretty high and hence your case number is not current yet. I hope I was able to explain.