• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV HELP NEEDED.

Marian1

Hello All,
Not sure if it is proper to create a new thread to ask for some help or there is a specific place in the forum for questions , any way, I will ask here if there is other place, I will remove it to there, excuse being a new member.

My question, I have a friend who doesn't have his confirmation number or the e-mail used for the initial registration due to some agent deceiving him. Is there anyway that he can obtain his winning notification letter?
I have been advised to visit the forum here by other friend who said that I might find some help.

Thanks

Does your friend know the email address used by the agent? He doesn't need to have access to the email account, if he knows the email address he can use that to retrieve the confirmation number.

As an aside: did he contract the agent to submit the eDV registration on his behalf or the agent entered him without his knowledge and only came to inform him of being selected after the results came out?

Thank you so much for the fast reply.
1- He doesn't know the E-mail.
2- As I know, he authorized the agent for previous years, but the agent used his personal info again in DV2017 without his consent.

So, is there still anyway to get his confirmation?

Thanks again, hope I'm not wasting your time.

Has his marital and/or family status changed from when he originally provided the agent with his information to when the agent submitted the 2017 eDV registration?

The agent obviously didn't use a recent photo which could potentially be an issue. Anyway, I don't know of any other way to retrieve the confirmation number without the email address.

Yes He got married, and got a child too, besides the picture is , of course, old.

I think there is nothing he can do.
Thanks for your time, and help.

Yes He got married, and got a child too, besides the picture is , of course, old.

He would be disqualified at the interview in that case anyway, so there is no point spending money on medicals and fees even if he did manage to get the number. Sorry for him. He should enter again for next time, on his own, the forms are very simple and no agent is needed; and of course he needs to be sure to tell the agent to stop entering for him as a double entry will also be disqualifying.

In that case, there's no point in looking for ways to retrieve the confirmation number. The case will definitely be denied with the spouse and the child being left off the eDV registration.