• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi everybody. I would like to ask why everyone has different instructions regarding documents. I have read multiple questions on this forum, and some have been asked to bring copies of the originals. I have read every single site regarding documents and every e-mail I've received and I have not been asked once for copies, just originals. Also, I read many people are completing the I-134 Form when it is not even a requirement. Why are they being told to fill that document? Or to bring bank statements? As I understand, those documents would be needed if it were a Sponsor/Petition IV, but not DV.

Are they being told to bring those documents "just in case"? Should I bring those documents just in case? If so, would it be helpful to bring any other supporting documents that I was not asked for (like IRS tax documents, SSN (since I have one already), etc.?

Thank You so much in advance.
1. The embassy will not only review the original version of your documents, they will need to keep copies of such. So if you want to go by every email you’ve received not mentioning the need to come with both original and copies of your documents, you can attend your interview with just the original documents only. The embassy will have no problem with collecting and keeping the original version of your documents which will not be returned to you, just so you know.

2. DV selectees are required to be prepared to demonstrate they're unlikely to become a public charge as a matter of fact. This seems to be something you are not aware of, and not that it is not a requirement because this is not a sponsored petition. DV 2023 Instructions (page 16) makes this clear where it says:
"If you are selected to apply for a DV, before being issued a visa you must demonstrate that you will not become a public charge in the United States. If you are selected and submit a diversity visa application, you should familiarize yourself with the Department of State’s public guidance on how the likelihood of becoming a public charge is assessed and what evidence can be provided to demonstrate that you are not likely to become a public charge"
So yes, we encourage DV selectees to be well prepared by taking along financial documents that can be used to demonstrate they're unlikely to become a public charge (should the need to demonstrate that arise) when they show up for their interview.

Hello,
Can you give me instructions on what should be done once I do my landing at the airport and afterwards.
Also can I change the address which I put on DS-260 when they ask me about the address at the airport? or I have to inform them before that?

Hello,
Can you give me instructions on what should be done once I do my landing at the airport and afterwards.
Also can I change the address which I put on DS-260 when they ask me about the address at the airport? or I have to inform them before that?
1. You go through immigration and get processed as a LPR. You can do anything you like after that.
2. They may or may not ask you about your address, so you’ll need to use your own discretion in determining at what point during that processing would be the right time to bring up the address change.

Hi.

My niece has been selected for DV 2023. They attended the interview at US Embassy in Yerevan. They were requested to have someone submit form I-134 on their behalf.

As a US citizen in the US I filled the form and expressed my intention to support them. I mailed the form via USPS registered mail, which shows the mail was delivered in April.

Since then, there has been no update on the case. Is there a way to contact the embassy to ensure they are in receipt of the form and that it was submitted as they expected or processed properly?

I called the embassy and they referred me to the Visa Navigator website. But I don’t find any way to submit an inquiry about the form I’ve sent them.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi.

My niece has been selected for DV 2023. They attended the interview at US Embassy in Yerevan. They were requested to have someone submit form I-134 on their behalf.

As a US citizen in the US I filled the form and expressed my intention to support them. I mailed the form via USPS registered mail, which shows the mail was delivered in April.

Since then, there has been no update on the case. Is there a way to contact the embassy to ensure they are in receipt of the form and that it was submitted as they expected or processed properly?

I called the embassy and they referred me to the Visa Navigator website. But I don’t find any way to submit an inquiry about the form I’ve sent them.

Your help is much appreciated.
Probably too late to ask, but why didn't you send it to your niece who would then physically take it to the embassy or schedule some form of followup interview? Otherwise, it seems like a lof of time since "delivery" and time's running out for visa issuance.

Hello @Sm1smom

I have a sister with cn 23AF18K. Nairobi had scheduled her case for an interview on 10th May, but she couldn't make it.

She is now residing in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. She requested Nairobi Embassy to transfer her case to Dar Es Salaam, Nairobi told her that it should be the post she is at to send an Official request for the transfer of the file.

She also requested KCC to change her Embassy and they emailed her back saying that KCC has changed her case to Dar Es Salaam and even her DS260 says "Case is currently at Dar Es Salaam"

But when she checks her status on CEAC, it shows her case is Ready at Nairobi Embassy.

1. What can she do in order to have her case transferred to Dar Es Salaam?
2. How can she save her case and get an interview at Dar Es Salaam Embassy?
3. Can she get an interview before the end of the FY?

Please help

Hello @Sm1smom

I have a sister with cn 23AF18K. Nairobi had scheduled her case for an interview on 10th May, but she couldn't make it.

She is now residing in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. She requested Nairobi Embassy to transfer her case to Dar Es Salaam, Nairobi told her that it should be the post she is at to send an Official request for the transfer of the file.

She also requested KCC to change her Embassy and they emailed her back saying that KCC has changed her case to Dar Es Salaam and even her DS260 says "Case is currently at Dar Es Salaam"

But when she checks her status on CEAC, it shows her case is Ready at Nairobi Embassy.

1. What can she do in order to have her case transferred to Dar Es Salaam?
2. How can she save her case and get an interview at Dar Es Salaam Embassy?
3. Can she get an interview before the end of the FY?

Please help
Nairobi already informed your sister about what she needs to do. She’s doing everything else except that! She needs to contact Dar Es Salaam to find out if they’ll willing to take on her case. If they agree to do so, they will contact Nairobi to request her case file, and upon the receipt of the case file they will schedule her interview (if they’re able to get a new visa number from the KCC for since her previously reserved visa already got returned to the KCC at the end of May following her failure to show up for her scheduled interview).

I had low case number 2023AF1**, Addis Ababa Embassy, but not yet received 2nl. Any one who happy to help can contact me any time.

Last edited:
When did you submit your DS260, if I may ask?
Actually it was late september submissiondue to passport issuance problem because of state emergency in Ethiopia. ( actually I submitted within the time limit they provide I,e from may 8 to Sept 30 2022), But why is it become a rule 'First come, First served' informally?

Last edited:
Actually it was late september submissiondue to passport issuance problem because of state emergency in Ethiopia. ( actually I submitted within the time limit they provide I,e from may 8 to Sept 30 2022), But why is it become a rule 'First come, First served' informally?
Who provided you with the May 8 to Sept 30th 2022 deadline for DS260 form submission? KCC never provided any such deadline AFAIK.
In terms of form processing, they obviously will not stay back and wait for folks with lower CN to submit their DS260 forms before processing those with higher CNs. They’ve always processed the DS260 forms as they are received.

Kinda late submission there. Did you check to see if your DS260 has been processed? Possibly is now, but they likely scheduled other higher case numbers before yours was processed. So, all you can do now is wait and hope for the best. You could have asked this forum, they would have advised you on better courses of action than the one you took. Good luck.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful help and directions. I had my interview today and we got our visas approved. It was really simple except for the visa fee payment. They wanted exact amount in change. But I had 1000 USD with me. They gave me 1 hour to arrange the fee in exact amount. Except that hiccup, it was a really pleasent experience.

Who provided you with the May 8 to Sept 30th 2022 deadline for DS260 form submission? KCC never provided any such deadline AFAIK.
In terms of form processing, they obviously will not stay back and wait for folks with lower CN to submit their DS260 forms before processing those with higher CNs. They’ve always processed the DS260 forms as they are received.
On the Ds 260 form it was saying the expiry was on Sept 30 2022.

On the Ds 260 form it was saying the expiry was on Sept 30 2022.
There's no such thing. The only "expiry date" is Sep 30 2023 which is not related to the DS-260 but the last date by which you should be issued a DV visa since that's when the fiscal year ends.

There's no such thing. The only "expiry date" is Sep 30 2023 which is not related to the DS-260 but the last date by which you should be issued a DV visa since that's when the fiscal year ends.
So now I understand it is based on submission date not on the case number order, and I submitted late due to some issues, that is why I didn't get 2nl or visa.

Kinda late submission there. Did you check to see if your DS260 has been processed? Possibly is now, but they likely scheduled other higher case numbers before yours was processed. So, all you can do now is wait and hope for the best. You could have asked this forum, they would have advised you on better courses of action than the one you took. Good luck.
I become current on around february, so it takes them 6 months to process it.

Screenshot_20230708-120111_Photos.jpg

Top right side, it says like that. But really now anything can't help suggesting about the past. It is ok what the outcome can be.
No, the form does not say Sept 30 2022 is the deadline for submission. You misinterpreted and misunderstood the form expiration date which has absolutely nothing to do with submission. That date has nothing to do with the applicant or the person filling it as a matter of fact, it is an internal control date for official purpose.