• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi everyone.

I am so grateful that I got selected for the DV-2023 :D

@Sm1smom please would you be able to advise me about the following?

I made a mistake in my DV-260 form and put in my 'current ongoing Computer Science degree' that I will complete in July. I already sent an email requesting access to be able to change.

My dilemma is that I have a high school certificate, but I also have a Diploma in Computing that took me 1yr to complete before joining 2nd year of my Computer science bachelor's.

Should I put in my high school certificate or my 1yr Diploma in Computing as my highest education level completed? I was just wondering if the 1yr is accepted.

Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone.

I am so grateful that I got selected for the DV-2023 :D

@Sm1smom please would you be able to advise me about the following?

I made a mistake in my DV-260 form and put in my 'current ongoing Computer Science degree' that I will complete in July. I already sent an email requesting access to be able to change.

My dilemma is that I have a high school certificate, but I also have a Diploma in Computing that took me 1yr to complete before joining 2nd year of my Computer science bachelor's.

Should I put in my high school certificate or my 1yr Diploma in Computing as my highest education level completed? I was just wondering if the 1yr is accepted.

Thank you in advance.
I don’t see an issue here. Attend your interview with both diplomas which you currently have.

Hi everyone, submitted my DS150 back in September. Case # 2023EU9xxx. No invitation to 2NL yet. Is there any hope that I will receive an interview invitation?

Hi everyone, submitted my DS150 back in September. Case # 2023EU9xxx. No invitation to 2NL yet. Is there any hope that I will receive an interview invitation?
It all depends on your embassy, their backlog, and how they're treating DV selectees at this point.

@Sm1smom, kindly assist me. Is it a must to fill a separate DS260 for one’s wife and kids even though they will not emigrate with him to the United State’s?
Submitting separate DS260 forms for derivatives who will not emigrate with the selectee is not a must. They however must be listed on the selectee's DS260 as family members.

I agree. I actually wanted to edit and write a short history so you have a background and a timeline.

CN EU2023-15XXX
Husband - principal applicant ( I am derivative)

I94 Expiration Date - 05/25/2020 (Husband 06/10/2020)
EOS Application Filed Date - 05/17/2020
EOS NOA Date - 5/17/2020
EOS Application withdrawal Date - Cant find the exact date. Lawyer told me to send the withdraw before filling COS. (so between 5/17- 5/24)
I just have 07/08/2020 -USCIS Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent

COS Application Date - 05/24/2020
COS NOA Date - 05/24/2020
Departure from US Date - 06/10/2020

ReEntered US on new H2b Visa - 04/21/2021
Current Visa Extension approved until 05/30/2023. Our summer employer would like us back for the next summer so we can extend it after that date too. (both me and my husband)

We got married after the selection (have been together for 5 years and both working on H2B visa).
Since we are in US in status through the process we were preparing for AOS.
We have a lawyer but he is not familiar with DV AoS so we are trying to learn and figure the best option for us.

11/ 23/ 2022 - DV payment made for both of us (660$)
12/ 08/ 2022 - 2 NL received (waiting for receipt)

Hello Sm1smom,
Thank you for all your help. We had the interview yestarday, May 16th and today CEAC shows "Issued". We should receive our passports in the next 2 days.

Inteview questions:
CO: Where did you meet
CO: When did you get married?
CO: Where are you going?
CO: Where are you gonna work?
CO: So you met in 2017 in US and left in 2020 from US. What did you do in that period?
Answer: We had job extension for summer and winter seasons. This are our I79 Notices for our petitions.
CO: Did you have this petitions at the interview in 2021?
Answer: We send documents through Drop Box because of Covid. Previous I-79 were not required in the package.
CO: Alright.. everything looks good. You will receive your passports in 2-3 days. Congratulations!

Hello Sm1smom,
Thank you for all your help. We had the interview yestarday, May 16th and today CEAC shows "Issued". We should receive our passports in the next 2 days.

Inteview questions:
CO: Where did you meet
CO: When did you get married?
CO: Where are you going?
CO: Where are you gonna work?
CO: So you met in 2017 in US and left in 2020 from US. What did you do in that period?
Answer: We had job extension for summer and winter seasons. This are our I79 Notices for our petitions.
CO: Did you have this petitions at the interview in 2021?
Answer: We send documents through Drop Box because of Covid. Previous I-79 were not required in the package.
CO: Alright.. everything looks good. You will receive your passports in 2-3 days. Congratulations!
Timelime for our case:
2023EU15xxx
Bucharest - Romania

06.27.222 - checked the ESC page. DV selectee
*Since already in US we went for AOS so we didn't submit the DS260
08.08.22 - we got married
11.23.22 - AOS DV fee payment made
11.30.22 - payment cashed DOS
12.08.22 - 2NL AOS
12.25.22 - DV fee receipt received
12.31.22 - DS260 submitted
1.2.23 - Email KCC to confirm Consular Processing
2.6.23 - DS260 processed - stage 3
2.14.23 - DS260 unlocked and resubmitted
3.23.23 - 2NL CP - Interview Letter Bucharest
3.27.23 - Case Ready at the Embassy
4.21.23 - DS260 unlocked and resubmitted through embassy request.
5.6.23 - Flight from US to Romania
5.8.23 - Medical Exam
5.16.23 - Interview

How does 2NL go out? Is it Consulate specific or is it like a batch release that happens on a day after the VB release? How to know if 2NL started rolling out for a particular consulate?

How does 2NL go out? Is it Consulate specific or is it like a batch release that happens on a day after the VB release? How to know if 2NL started rolling out for a particular consulate?
I don't know if there is a way to know when 2NLs are being rolled out for a particular emabssy. But, you can gleen historical statistics on 2NL roll-out by embassy on the excellent work done here by @Xarthisius .

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I was trying to make sense of the 2NL dates from the site. I downloaded the CSV files and was comparing them with the data that we have in CEAC. I was not able to find the 2NL date mentioned in the CEAC when I used a random number from the csv that was in transit.

Just wanted to see if all the 2NLs for July have already rolled out as a batch for all embassies or based on the embassy I can still receive a 2NL for the month of July.

Last edited:
I got an email saying You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at 'site'. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

But when I go there, it still shows 1NL.

Is it normal? Does it take time to reflect in the web site after getting the email?

I got an email saying You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at 'site'. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

But when I go there, it still shows 1NL.

Is it normal? Does it take time to reflect in the web site after getting the email?
Please ignore this. The site got updated after 2 hours of email with 2NL. I got an interview date for July 7.

Hi! Mi husband won the lottery and we justo got approved!! We did the interview process in Spain and are planning to go to the US at the end of August. However, we have to comeback to Spain in October for my brother’s wedding. We were wondering if we can leave the US to come to the wedding and go back with the visa they put on the passport initially in case the green card hasn’t arrived to our address. Is it possible to use that visa again? Or do we have to wait to get the green card in order to leave the country?

Hi! Mi husband won the lottery and we justo got approved!! We did the interview process in Spain and are planning to go to the US at the end of August. However, we have to comeback to Spain in October for my brother’s wedding. We were wondering if we can leave the US to come to the wedding and go back with the visa they put on the passport initially in case the green card hasn’t arrived to our address. Is it possible to use that visa again? Or do we have to wait to get the green card in order to leave the country?
Congratulations. No you cannot use the “visa” again as the visa becomes a temporary GC upon validation (validation happens following admission as a LPR). You however can use the temporary GC to travel back to the US if you leave before your plastic GC gets issued.

Hi,

Do we need to book a biometrics appointment for the diversity visa? When I go to the Mumbai consulate-specific page, they have shown step 1 as booking a biometrics appointment.

Also do I need to make separate appointment for each derivative?

Hi,

Do we need to book a biometrics appointment for the diversity visa? When I go to the Mumbai consulate-specific page, they have shown step 1 as booking a biometrics appointment.

Also do I need to make separate appointment for each derivative?
No, you do not book biometrics appointment for DV interview.