• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Completely by accident I found the page "https://ais.usvisa-info.com/"

Now I'm completely puzzled if I should even use this page.

My interview is already scheduled, nowhere in 2NL or any communication with consulate or KCC it says to register on this page, this is really well hidden website I don't know why. Even when going through questionare on it makes me doubt if it does apply to me since they ask questions such as "I was told to register here for DV lottery" where in fact nobody technically told me to register there.

So can someone clarify if registering on this page is mandatory? I don't want to fill my data there to mess up my interview that is already scheduled by KCC.
Not sure how legit the site is but for some embassies you have to register your appointment on some website and they will confirm/have details about passport delivery. This information should be on the embassy website.

My interview is already scheduled, nowhere in 2NL or any communication with consulate or KCC it says to register on this page, this is really well hidden website I don't know why. Even when going through questionare on it makes me doubt if it does apply to me since they ask questions such as "I was told to register here for DV lottery" where in fact nobody technically told me to register there.

So can someone clarify if registering on this page is mandatory? I don't want to fill my data there to mess up my interview that is already scheduled by KCC.
Edit: Not sure how legit this website is.

But, your 2NL tells you the link that you should use. If your embassy does not have a website to register appointments, you send them an email to confirm your appointment date and time as stated in the 2NL. They may be slow to respond, but they will eventually do before your interview...and they will give you specific instructions for that particular embassy, and they will confirm or adjust your appointment time.

If I were you, I would Ignore that website that you dug up...unless the embassy sent it to you.

That website is listed on Montreal's embassy page (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...lements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html) but only as a "Cancel and Reschedule".

So now I am not sure if I should register there but not for scheduling my appointment (which KCC already did for me) but for giving them info how to send my passports back.

I think e-mailing consulate directly is the best idea. But first I will wait for them to come back to me since I'm still waiting for them to re-open my DS260 after my marital status has changed.

That website is listed on Montreal's embassy page (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...lements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html) but only as a "Cancel and Reschedule".

So now I am not sure if I should register there but not for scheduling my appointment (which KCC already did for me) but for giving them info how to send my passports back.

I think e-mailing consulate directly is the best idea. But first I will wait for them to come back to me since I'm still waiting for them to re-open my DS260 after my marital status has changed.
"Each visa applicant on your case must separately register his/her appointment online before the interview. Registering your appointment"
Just do as told. Register the exact date and time as on the 2NL and that's it. You may never check that site again after registration.

This portal is legitimate. The URL may slightly be different depending on whether you have applied for an IV/NIV application.

You can use this portal to register for your interview appointment (each applicant must register prior their interview date) and provide your return address to which your passport(s) will be mailed. It can also be used to reschedule an interview appointment (wouldn't recommend using this option as you may lose your chance of getting an alternative date). Last but not least, you may need it to obtain a certificate in case you've been asked to send additional documents (at/after the time of interview) using their courier service (free of charge).

If you've been scheduled for an interview, create an account (on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv), and register each applicant.

Once the account is created, proceed with creating a group, add all applicants in one group. When adding applicants, you will be asked the following:

Attachments

• DVRegisterAppointment.png
    DVRegisterAppointment.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 20

Generally yes, you should register your appoint, and passport pickup/or delivery details. Which embassy you are at?

Yes, in Montreal you are required to register your appointment
"https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...lements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html"

Step 1: Register your interview appointment online with our free courier service before attending the visa interview​

Each visa applicant on your case must separately register his/her appointment online before the interview. Registering your appointment gives us the information we need to return your passport and visa packet after your interview. Registration is free; just click the “Register” button below. You may only reschedule your appointment after you have registered it online and your initial interview date has passed.

Hi, entered the US and left shortly after. My SSN was issued and green card will presumably be mailed soon. Can someone send me these documents outside the US via DHL or FedEx? Also, how can I protect my SSN from the person in the US whose address I have on file and who now knows my SSN. Do I need to do anything? TIA!

Hello guys what does it mean when the principal applicant shows “Refused” and the derivatives shows “Ready”?
If the PA is refused, the derivative by extension, is also refused regardless of what the CEAC status shows for the derivative.

Hi,

I will not be able to get a Police certificate from Iraq, i was at the embassy to apply and they informed that i need to authorize someone in Iraq to further process the application, get the certificate and stamp where needed, then send it to me, i have no one there that will do this for me, so i will have to go to the interview without this document. Is this a risk for denial ?

Hi,

I will not be able to get a Police certificate from Iraq, i was at the embassy to apply and they informed that i need to authorize someone in Iraq to further process the application, get the certificate and stamp where needed, then send it to me, i have no one there that will do this for me, so i will have to go to the interview without this document. Is this a risk for denial ?
You’ll be put on AP pending your submission of the PC

You’ll be put on AP pending your submission of the PC
thank you @Sm1smom , the thing is there is no way i can get it from Iraq, as i mentioned, i need to authorize a person that is residing in Iraq to process further the application from the Iraqi embassy, i need to send him the application and he will need to get the certificate there and stamp it from the required institutions there, i have no one in Iraq that can do this for me.

thank you @Sm1smom , the thing is there is no way i can get it from Iraq, as i mentioned, i need to authorize a person that is residing in Iraq to process further the application from the Iraqi embassy, i need to send him the application and he will need to get the certificate there and stamp it from the required institutions there, i have no one in Iraq that can do this for me.
I understand your predicament, however, I'm not the one that requires the explanation of why you're unable to produce a document the DOS has listed as available. The COs usually go by the guidance provided by the DOS, the Reciprocity page lists Iraqi PC as available. An applicant's inability to provide a requirement document due to logistics is typically not taken into consideration AFAIK. I suppose you can explain your predicament to the CO when you show up for your interview, keep your fingers crossed and hope they make an exception in your case.

Hello

I had my interview yesterday, 3 questions and fine answers .
They gave me a paper ( 221 g) saying that they want to do some checks but no document is missing. The interviewer give me the passport and said he may call me to bring it , once I said I live far ( another country ) , he decided to keep the passeport with him and said the check is not complicated and won’t take time.
After the interview I checked ceac and saw “refused” as bellow and after around 6 hours I saw another status .
Does it mean they have finished the check?
Is it a good sign ?
Need your help with your experiences

Attachments

• E4988AC0-1DE8-4B9F-BB65-D17867BD6C34.jpeg
    E4988AC0-1DE8-4B9F-BB65-D17867BD6C34.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 19
  • D8C04C4E-AC71-4673-9F61-E17821EC021E.jpeg
    D8C04C4E-AC71-4673-9F61-E17821EC021E.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 19