• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I am still yet to receive the email from the embassy detailing instructions on how to submit the documents, so I printed off 12 months worth of bank statements and P60 and emailed it to the embassy email address printed on the form given to me (mentioning my refusal pending submission of additional evidence).

My AIS account hasn't updated either.

How do we fill in I-134 if we aren't a sponsor though, as the sole applicant? The entire form is structured around a sponsor filling it in.

Generally speaking, how do we satisfy the perception of public charg e requirement? Is a b a nk statement enough?

What are other people's experiences?

This is super frustrating as none of the embassy or US GOV DV pages explicitly stated this as a requirement.

@Britsimon I tried accessing your blog the other day to find posts relating to this financial requirement but got page not found errors, if you have any links I'd be grateful. Just anxious to submit this ASAP.
Did you bother to go through the link which I provided you with in my previous response?

For the benefit of everyone on this forum who's at the pre-interview stage and needs to demonstrate lack of public charge (i.e. financial self sufficiency), I recommend you read britsimon's post below:

Last edited:
Did you bother to go through the link which I provided you with in my previous response?

I have of course, and I have taken it into consideration. Thank you for that.

I've also read britsimon's blog post (which I was finally able to access). I have already submitted supporting docs via email, as per my previous post.

I have of course, and I have taken it into consideration. Thank you for that.

I've also read britsimon's blog post (which I was finally able to access). I have already submitted supporting docs
Well, your subsequent question “Generally speaking, how do we satisfy the perception of public charg e requirement? Is a b a nk statement enough?” seems to suggest to me you didn’t. Because if you did you would have come across the below information regarding alternatives in place of an I-134:

(U) An applicant may establish the adequacy of financial resources by submitting evidence of bank deposits, ownership of property or real estate, ownership of stocks and bonds, insurance policies, or income from business investments sufficient to provide for his or her needs, as well as those of any dependent family member, until suitable employment is located. (The amount sufficient will depend on the applicant's age, physical condition, and family circumstances and size.)

(i) (U) Bank Deposits—Applicants relying on bank deposits to meet the public charge requirements should present as evidence a letter signed by a senior officer of the bank over the officer's title, showing:
(A) (U) The date the account was opened;
(B) (U) The number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the last 12 months;
(C) (U) The present balance. This information may prevent attempted abuse such as an initial deposit of a substantial sum of money being made within a relatively short time prior to the immigrant visa application; and
(D) (U) How the money, if in a foreign bank in foreign currency, is to be transferred to the United States.

(ii) (U) Real estate investments—Evidence of property ownership may be in the form of a title deed or equivalent or certified copies. The applicant must satisfy you as to the plans for disposal or rental of such property and the manner in which the income from the property (if abroad) is to be transferred to the United States for the applicant's support.

(iii) (U) Stocks and Bonds—Evidence of income from these sources should indicate present cash value or expected earnings and, if the income is derived from a source outside the United States, a statement as to how the income is to be transferred to the United States.

(iv) (U) Income from business investments; or

(v) (U) Insurance policies.

This is what I was saying I doubted that this may not him that’s why I asked
THat is ***obviously*** not me and not even a very good impersonation. It is shocking you even fell for it, and you really need to be xareful with your gullibility.

I'm grateful you posted the evidence, because I really don't appreciate someone spreading lies about me.

THat is ***obviously*** not me and not even a very good impersonation. It is shocking you even fell for it, and you really need to be xareful with your gullibility.

I'm grateful you posted the evidence, because I really don't appreciate someone spreading lies about me.
Yes sir but I didn’t fall for that I know it s a scam but I just wanted to know everyone that’s all

Hello

We sent our Documents Once again without being asked will it confuse KCC??
You sent your documents again after you've already been told all you need to do is to remain patient for your CN to become current? After all the discussion about KCC no longer requiring document submission in order get scheduled for an interview, you sent your documents again? No wonder you fell for the phone scam. Scam artists can smell and read your desperation from far off!

Yes sir but I didn’t fall for that I know it s a scam but I just wanted to know everyone that’s all
The fact that you were gullible enough to believe the number belongs to Simon shows you fell for it BIG time! You came across the number, copied it down and contacted some fool claiming to be Simon and you're now saying you didn't fall it? You fell for it, but got saved from getting further scammed with the requested payment.

The area code means nothing. Someone living in Utah for instance could have a phone number with New York, or Mississippi, or Las Vegas area code.
I meant it's not from India or Nigeria or etc. It's interesting to me that the person doing this has an American phone number and perhaps living in America. Maybe they bought the number or something and may have never been to America. If they live in America and have access to all that Opportunities, it's reprehensible to me that they would impersonate BritSimon-who's been doing this all for free- and try scam a foreigner from perhaps a poor country for 200$.
Maybe not this case, but there are many such people who scam for much higher prices and it's always disgusting that they would do this despite all the opportunities they have access to in America.

Hi
I am a winner of DV-2022.
My CN is in AF63... I was listed for December 2021 cut off rank.
But since then, I have not received any email from KCC.
May you please tell me what's going on? And what should I do?

Hi
I am a winner of DV-2022.
My CN is in AF63... I was listed for December 2021 cut off rank.
But since then, I have not received any email from KCC.
May you please tell me what's going on? And what should I do?
When did you submit your DS260 form and which embassy are you supposed to interview with?

Hello guys, I have couple of questions, if anyone can answer I would gladly appreciate that. I’m dv2022 selectee with dv2022EU79xx number, I made martial adjustments on my ds260 in November, couple of weeks after I married my gf, so I’m wondering now, because I still didn’t hear from KCC did I push my interview further, cause I’m little worried, regarding my number being low and still not hearing a word from them regarding my interview? Also there is another thing, I changed the location for interview from Europe to Asia, will that also affect anything? Thank you in advance everyone.
You dont need to worry i you have proof to convince consular officer that your your marriage is real , not a firmality and based on not short relationship. Proof is photos, social media shares, vacations u went together etc. So you won the lotterry and you decided to get marry at earliest time in order to go the US together.

You sent your documents again after you've already been told all you need to do is to remain patient for your CN to become current? After all the discussion about KCC no longer requiring document submission in order get scheduled for an interview, you sent your documents again? No wonder you fell for the phone scam. Scam artists can smell and read your desperation from far off!
I’m not that made I have done HND in Networking I know how to handle all of them not because of that go to YouTube and and watch Brit Sir advice he says that it’s okay to send documents without being asked once again because of 2021Dv law suit and also I’m not fool as you think my sister is in USA and one of my cousin is a ambassador he works in ITALI please don’t judge by the cover I actually wanted to clarify something that’s why I asked in public I wanted to the person who did that it’s a technic to catch the culprit as soon as posted in public that number couldn’t find in WhatsApp that’s the thing I wanted to see that’s all

Are you a visa consultant or what ?? Can I know that please because no one knows how it works how they handle DV cases there are various of people who as low case number but not even they haven’t receive any mail In SriLanka this is depends on the KCC what they expect from the Winner because having Citizen in USA means not simple ya it is a very hard to get it my sister has Citizen of USA she has the passport even if she has its hard to get someone to usa from her mother county you know that in this case the secret which KCC expect form winners is the principal factor and also all the 55000 people won’t go to USA