• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I am derivative of my wife who got selected. I have a doubt about our case and need some advice.
We have been together for 11 years with two kids, but not officially married. On the main entry she filled as "married" as we got married in church and plan to get married officially next month.
1.Will our 12 years marriage be ACCEPTED knowing that we used our church wedding day as the date on the DS260?
2. Should we unlock our DS260 and fill in our civil wedding date knowing that, we declared our selves marriaded already on the primary application entry?
PLEASE HELP
@Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

Somekin

Are you Georgian? :D We have tons of such cases. In previous years that was not a big issue and many people got through, as they say. In 2020 CO refused all such cases. So I guess that's up to CO. It's better to ask about the similar experience in your country. Does church wedding paper have any legal power?

I am derivative of my wife who got selected. I have a doubt about our case and need some advice.
We have been together for 11 years with two kids, but not officially married. On the main entry she filled as "married" as we got married in church and plan to get married officially next month.
1.Will our 12 years marriage be ACCEPTED knowing that we used our church wedding day as the date on the DS260?
2. Should we unlock our DS260 and fill in our civil wedding date knowing that, we declared our selves marriaded already on the primary application entry?
PLEASE HELP
seeing as you tagged me, but I don’t really consider this a comfortable area to give an opinion on

1. Impossible to answer properly imo. Different countries have different attitudes towards accepting this. Howver if you move forward with the application this (in my view) is your only option because
2. if you do this you are effectively saying you were not in fact married at the time of entry, and the rules state that saying you are married when you’re not is one of the disqualification factors.
Of course, you must also be legally married to be able to gain immigration benefits - I’m not saying don’t do that - just that I would stick with the church wedding date (I assume you have proof of some sort) as “the wedding date” for the interview. Some countries are very used to the idea of ”married, but not enough for immigration“, it will probably help if your consulate is used to seeing that, but I don’t think there are any guarantees here.

I am 6k from Africa, I have sent my documents in September, 2020. Till now I didn't receive a confirmation email for the documents. I send many email to KCC and each time I received the same answer "Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
I don't know what it does mean?
Should I resend the document again?
How to make sure my documents were received and there is no issue?

Hello
For the social media section in the DS260, I added my Facebook name "screen name" and not the username. many accounts have the same name.
1. Should I request a DS260 unlock to edit my Facebook info "add the username or link to my Facebook account"? is that necessary
2. I already requested to unlock my DS260 "4" times before, will that impact the processing of my case? My case number is AF20400 Egypt and I didn't receive the email that requesting my docs.
@Britsimon @SusieQQQ thanks!

1. If the information you provided doesn’t make it easy to identify you, then you should consider updating the DS260 with the social media identifier/handle that directly identifies you on the applicable platform to guard against the possibility of some unnecessary AP.
“Applicants should complete the application as fully and honestly as possible to avoid any delays in
processing. Failure to provide accurate and truthful responses on a visa application or during a visa interview may result in denial of the visa by a consular officer.”
FAQ on Social Media Identifiers

2. Potential processing delay depends on what is being updated on the DS260. Regardless of processing delay or no delay, it is better for the information on the DS260 form - doing so is to your own best interest.

PLEASE HELP

1. Do you have documentary evidence of this church wedding and does your country consider you married on this basis (outside of not having a civil marriage certificate)? If both answers are YES, you’ll probably be okay.

2. Listing the civil wedding date on the DS20 indicates your acknowledgment of not being married when your wife submitted the eEntry and listed you guys as being married to one another.

I am 6k from Africa, I have sent my documents in September, 2020. Till now I didn't receive a confirmation email for the documents. I send many email to KCC and each time I received the same answer "Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
I don't know what it does mean?
Should I resend the document again?
How to make sure my documents were received and there is no issue?

It either means KCC is yet to process the documents you sent in or they already reviewed and do not consider your documents complete. You should consider resending all the documents.

Review Simon’s blog New video on document submission tips

Hi guys,

Response from Montreal:

If you get scheduled, please let us know :)
Thanks for the update! Not really definitive but at least they are replying and acknowledging the DV cases. Hopefully they are taking into account the September cut off when prioritising cases, despite the fact we have been waiting for a lot less time than many of the other cases they are scheduling.

Thanks for the update! Not really definitive but at least they are replying and acknowledging the DV cases. Hopefully they are taking into account the September cut off when prioritising cases, despite the fact we have been waiting for a lot less time than many of the other cases they are scheduling.
I am hoping they plan to catch up in May , they can for sure do that if they want , 100 + cases are within its capacity

Hi all, I went to ceac to check my visa status, and it shows "At NVC."

I googled the definition and see other status as following:

At NVC
This means your case or the DS 260 form has not been submitted yet and is held at the National Visa Center.

In Transit
Your case has reached the United States Embassy and an interview will be scheduled shortly.

I have submitted (2020 Oct.) my DS260 and required document but I didn't get the document confirmation letter.

Should I resend my all document to KCC to make the status turn into "In Transit" ?

OR the status will change naturally, all I have to do is wait?

Hi all, I went to ceac to check my visa status, and it shows "At NVC."

I googled the definition and see other status as following:

At NVC
This means your case or the DS 260 form has not been submitted yet and is held at the National Visa Center.

In Transit
Your case has reached the United States Embassy and an interview will be scheduled shortly.

I have submitted (2020 Oct.) my DS260 and required document but I didn't get the document confirmation letter.

Should I resend my all document to KCC to make the status turn into "In Transit" ?

OR the status will change naturally, all I have to do is wait?
As BritSimon has clarified as below:

So what do the status codes mean.

The first status for every case is “AT NVC”. You can ignore the text on the case – the case has not been passed to NVC. What this status means is that the case is in one of the following situations.

1. The case is not yet current.
  2. The case is current, BUT the DS260 has not be submitted at all, or it was submitted but not processed yet – and therefore not scheduled.
  3. The case is current, the form is processed, but it is waiting to be scheduled (typically because the cases have not yet been sent to the embassies yet).
PLEASE IGNORE the NVC information that appears – it is a standard message and DOES NOT APPLY to DV cases

How to check your case status at NVC

Hi all,
I have a question, I am filling DS 260 and my spouse already lives in the USA and he is a legal permanent resident, when I applied in the first entry I mentioned him and the fact he is LPR:
1. While filling DS 260 do I have to add him again as an applicant?
2. If I do add him, will I need to submit his docs to KCC too?
Thank you.

Hi all,
I have a question, I am filling DS 260 and my spouse already lives in the USA and he is a legal permanent resident, when I applied in the first entry I mentioned him and the fact he is LPR:
1. While filling DS 260 do I have to add him again as an applicant?
2. If I do add him, will I need to submit his docs to KCC too?
Thank you.
No. If you add him as an applicant you are saying he wants a green card, no point seeing as he already has one. Just list him wherever it asks you to list family members info, but he is not applying for anything.

Reactions: Yvt
Does anyone know when will we have data for response rate in this first wave of interviews and where will that data be published?Thanks,Big hello from Serbia!

Is there anyone also from Hong Kong? My CN is 80XX and will become current in April. Have you already got scheduled an interview?
Would you mind sharing when you have submitted DS260/documents and when you have received the email of confirmation about all documents received?
I have submitted DS260 in Sep 2020 and submitted all the documents in Nov 2020 (much time spent in obtaining the police certificates). But I have only got the auto-reply confirmation email but not the one which confirmed all documents received. I have written to KCC several times but have only got the "standard" answers.

Is there anyone also from Hong Kong? My CN is 80XX and will become current in April. Have you already got scheduled an interview?
Would you mind sharing when you have submitted DS260/documents and when you have received the email of confirmation about all documents received?
I have submitted DS260 in Sep 2020 and submitted all the documents in Nov 2020 (much time spent in obtaining the police certificates). But I have only got the auto-reply confirmation email but not the one which confirmed all documents received. I have written to KCC several times but have only got the "standard" answers.
You are not the only HK selectee that still do not receive document confirmation email (Congratulations! Our records indicate that...)
As I know those with CN 5XXX,6XXX haven't received it also.
What I hope is Anunciato case plaintiffs can be benefited and enhance the speed of the whole DV process.

You can join FB group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/TaiwaneseinUS

There are some HK selectees who shared their latest status.