• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Guys,

As some of you know I got the email requesting for additional documents, I have all ready except the police certificate from the country where I live now.
Since the police certificate expires in 6 months and based on the statistics and my CN AF334XX number, I would expect my number to become current somewhere between May and July and the police certificate would expire by that time.
To avoid requesting the certificate a 2nd time I'm thinking about waiting until Feb-Mar to request it and submit the documents, does this make sense?
I'm not an expert at Visa bulletin , but I believe your case number will be current before May .

Why? Based on statistics it is most likely in June

Based on this year statistics , you might be current between April and June . Because 2020 seems to be different from previous years . There are few changes , and the high case numbers we see might be the result of many halls . As Simon says , we will know more by January . But I do believe your case number will be current earlier than you think .

No, that is not proper maintaining residence. What you can do is activate and apply for a re+entry permit, which will allow you to stay out for 2 years. You’ll need to be in the US to apply for the permit and do biometrics (probably need 4-4 weeks for all that) then you can leave & have it sent to your closest consulate to pick up when ready. Also see

You don't help me. Do you search in google and find the site green card dot com where they say this?
Thanks

You don't help me. Do you search in google and find the site green card dot com where they say this?
Thanks
The website you refer to , is not an official USA website ( I believe ) and it might contains inaccurate informations .
Those who help here , their answers and advices depend on real life experience that they had for many years , dealing and helping immigrants ( DV immigrants , mostly ) to successfully proceed their cases . You can take their advices , or you can reject if you are more convinced with the other forums .

The website you refer to , is not an official USA website ( I believe ) and it might contains inaccurate informations .
Those who help here , their answers and advices depend on real life experience that they had for many years , dealing and helping immigrants ( DV immigrants , mostly ) to successfully proceed their cases . You can take their advices , or you can reject if you are more convinced with the other forums .
Okey i understand. Thanks all of you for your advices.

Hey there everyone!
I'm Jordanian, born in Saudi Arabia where I lived for about 18 years till I completed high school then I left to Jordan in order to get my bachelor's degree (lived there for about 5 years).
Then eventually I returned back to Saudi Arabia and I'm still living there for about 9 years.

My question is fo I need to get a police clearance from Jordan to be submitted with the documents?

Based on this year statistics , you might be current between April and June . Because 2020 seems to be different from previous years . There are few changes , and the high case numbers we see might be the result of many halls . As Simon says , we will know more by January . But I do believe your case number will be current earlier than you think .
Yeah this year seems different to me as well, I agree about the number of holes as we see high numbers, also there is a big move between Nov and Dec (more than the double)
My original question was about when does a police certificate expire, since it is still valid for a year (not 6 month) I will submit my documents in Nov rather than waiting until next year to avoid having the certificate expire

Hey there everyone!
I'm Jordanian, born in Saudi Arabia where I lived for about 18 years till I completed high school then I left to Jordan in order to get my bachelor's degree (lived there for about 5 years).
Then eventually I returned back to Saudi Arabia and I'm still living there for about 9 years.

My question is fo I need to get a police clearance from Jordan to be submitted with the documents?

Yes.
The requirements for police certificates are clearly explained in the website linked from your selection letter, please make sure you’ve read them properly so that you don’t omit anything you need.

Yes.
The requirements for police certificates are clearly explained in the website linked from your selection letter, please make sure you’ve read them properly so that you don’t omit anything you need.

Thanks for replying, wish me all the best please

if someone did not meet the picture requirement during the time of submission he will be disqualify automatically from the draw or still he can be selected and get reject in interview because of picture requirements ?

if someone did not meet the picture requirement during the time of submission he will be disqualify automatically from the draw or still he can be selected and get reject in interview because of picture requirements ?

If the photo tool /program accepts the picture with an entry, any disqualification based on it not meeting the specifications will happen at interview stage.

If the photo tool /program accepts the picture with an entry, any disqualification based on it not meeting the specifications will happen at interview stage.
im a winner of DV2020 but im confused about my picture which i used in submission , my complete shoulders are not visible in picture because i think its not wide enough maybe its just seems to me or i really uploaded wrong picture im not sure,, picture dimensions are
Width : 600 pixels
Height: 600 pixels
Horizontal resolution : 300dpi
Vertical resolution : 300 dpi

im a winner of DV2020 but im confused about my picture which i used in submission , my complete shoulders are not visible in picture because i think its not wide enough maybe its just seems to me or i really uploaded wrong picture im not sure,, picture dimensions are
Width : 600 pixels
Height: 600 pixels
Horizontal resolution : 300dpi
Vertical resolution : 300 dpi
There is nothing you can do now but wait until your interview. Do not mention it during the interview unless directly asked by the CO. If nothing is said then you have no problem :)

Bonjour, j'aimerais avoir un éclaircissement après les résultats, si je suis sélectionné: 1)quand je remplis mon DS260 par quelle adresse je dois l’envoyer? 2) comment je vais m’y prendre concernant l’envoie du dossier à KCC?

Bonjour, j'aimerais avoir un éclaircissement après les résultats, si je suis sélectionné: 1)quand je remplis mon DS260 par quelle adresse je dois l’envoyer? 2) comment je vais m’y prendre concernant l’envoie du dossier à KCC?
Please post in english !

Please post in english !
I understand that it's better to post in English . But some people use a language that is better for them to put their questions . So if we can help answer them , is better than asking then to do what they can't . I then don't post in English for now , I'm sure anyone interested in immigrating to the USA will soon start learning English .

I understand that it's better to post in English . But some people use a language that is better for them to put their questions . So if we can help answer them , is better than asking then to do what they can't . I then don't post in English for now , I'm sure anyone interested in immigrating to the USA will soon start learning English .

This is an English speaking forum. Members are required to post in English only. There are none English speaking forum which none English speakers can search for and utilize. As such, I deleted your response to the none English post.

None English speakers can use Google or some other software program to translate their posts/questions into English. Such posts doesn’t have to be in perfectly constructed English.