• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hi all. I hope you've all been well. I have some good news. I got my Visa today!!!!! I still don't believe it. I was out of town for some work stuff last week on Friday when I received a call from a lady. She told me they have received my file from IOM and asked if I was available to attend my interview on Monday. I was available that Monday morning. Did my interview at around 9.30 and got approved. I picked up my package today. Damn this was a journey and a half. Thanks a lot guys for the support.
This is great congrats,,,i have a querry,,am in a similar situation as yours underwent this spatum thing and awaiting for the release of my results sometime on 13 sept,, now am worried about resheduling,,
Were you able to get the dates yourself ama they scheduled you thro that call?? Already made a request for rescheduling though was asked not to take any action they will do it for me once they receive my file from IOM..
Does IOM Share the findings of the spatum cultures with you,,i had something like a shadow on my lower part of my right lung just as you

Thank you and congrats once more

This is great congrats,,,i have a querry,,am in a similar situation as yours underwent this spatum thing and awaiting for the release of my results sometime on 13 sept,, now am worried about resheduling,,
Were you able to get the dates yourself ama they scheduled you thro that call?? Already made a request for rescheduling though was asked not to take any action they will do it for me once they receive my file from IOM..
Does IOM Share the findings of the spatum cultures with you,,i had something like a shadow on my lower part of my right lung just as you

Thank you and congrats once more
Hi. They will only tell you if you have TB and if you do they'll call you by at least the 4th week. If they don't call you that means you're okay to proceeded and they'll send your file to the Embassy. I was called the same day they received my file because they had an open day at the embassy. I wasnt able to get a date from that website but I gave a reason why I missed my interview. Just email the embassy around 10th sept and ask if they've received your file give them your full name and case number. That's what I did just 4 days before the date I was told my results will be ready. All the best to you. And by the way incase everything is okay just know your Visa will expire within 6 months from the month you did your medicals. All the best to you.

That’s great news. Congratulations. Let us know when you pick up your passport with the visa.
I have picked up my visa and accompanying package today just across the road (DHL Lusaka road) where I work from. My middle name have an apostrophe at the end which was ignored by Birth Registrar, KNEC & University but was not ignored by the Immigration Dept and ID guys. They (KCC & embassy) ignored it since the first day I got my 1NL though I included it in my inital entry. Is there a problem here?. Because they have also ignored it in the VISA itself?.

Last edited:
I have picked up my visa and accompanying package today just across the road (DHL Lusaka road) where I work from. My middle name have an apostrophe at the end and they ignored it since the first day I got my 1NL. Is there a problem here?. Because they have also ignored it in the VISA itself?.

You are a very lucky fellow, congratulations once again.

All your US government issued documents will bear your name like it’s shown on your immigrant visa - they don’t accommodate special characters. I don’t think it should really bother you since it’s your middle name, and most times you’ll only be writing the middle initial, not the full middle name.

All the best with the move.

You are a very lucky fellow, congratulations once again.

All your US government issued documents will bear your name like it’s shown on your immigrant visa - they don’t accommodate special characters. I don’t think it should really bother you since it’s your middle name, and most times you’ll only be writing the middle initial, not the full middle name.

All the best with the move.
Thank you chief. I have really appreciated

I have picked up my visa and accompanying package today just across the road (DHL Lusaka road) where I work from. My middle name have an apostrophe at the end which was ignored by Birth Registrar, KNEC & University but was not ignored by the Immigration Dept and ID guys. They (KCC & embassy) ignored it since the first day I got my 1NL though I included it in my inital entry. Is there a problem here?. Because they have also ignored it in the VISA itself?.

My last name had an apostrophe but it was never included in the visa or any other government issued documents. Not a problem.

Hi All

I attended my Interview last week and I am here to report it was successful. I would like to start by giving thanks to the Almighty for the success and giving me a second selection. Secondly I would like to say A BIG THANK YOU!! to the forums moderators Britsimon....your blog has been a good source of info..Sm1smom for you quick responses...SussieQQQ...You guys have been instrumental since 2013 when I first joined the Forum. Guriix we started the journey together in DV2014...But my journey was halted till DV2018...thank you for starting the forum thread. To all the other forum contributors your DV journey and your posts have been of great help.

I am earnestly grateful for the forum and the website it helped me learn the DV process... and I am sure I will still be relying on some info from the forums to do with relocation, taxes, health insurance etc...My ceac says issued now just to wait for a couple of days to go and collect my Passport.

Thank you!

Unfortunately. I attended the Interview by myself. My better half is still in India... If anyone knows how to or has a link for scheduling an interview at Nairobi Consulate... kindly share as I have to start looking and book an interview date for her.

Thank you!! for your prompt reply

Hi All

I attended my Interview last week and I am here to report it was successful. I would like to start by giving thanks to the Almighty for the success and giving me a second selection. Secondly I would like to say A BIG THANK YOU!! to the forums moderators Britsimon....your blog has been a good source of info..Sm1smom for you quick responses...SussieQQQ...You guys have been instrumental since 2013 when I first joined the Forum. Guriix we started the journey together in DV2014...But my journey was halted till DV2018...thank you for starting the forum thread. To all the other forum contributors your DV journey and your posts have been of great help.

I am earnestly grateful for the forum and the website it helped me learn the DV process... and I am sure I will still be relying on some info from the forums to do with relocation, taxes, health insurance etc...My ceac says issued now just to wait for a couple of days to go and collect my Passport.

Thank you!
Congratulations!

Hi All

Thank you!

Congratulations, it hasn't been an easy journey for sure but it has come to pass. If it's meant to be it'll happen. What did they say about her interview?

Congratulations, it hasn't been an easy journey for sure but it has come to pass. If it's meant to be it'll happen. What did they say about her interview?

The ladies at the reception Who receive you documents....I asked them what to do as I was walking out....They said I should go online and look for a date. I guess I was to excited I never asked on how to go about it as in the Url etc. The CO also suggested I go online as well or send an email once she lands.....!

The ladies at the reception Who receive you documents....I asked them what to do as I was walking out....They said I should go online and look for a date. I guess I was to excited I never asked on how to go about it as in the Url etc. The CO also suggested I go online as well or send an email once she lands.....!
Unfortunately. I attended the Interview by myself. My better half is still in India... If anyone knows how to or has a link for scheduling an interview at Nairobi Consulate... kindly share as I have to start looking and book an interview date for her.

Thank you!! for your prompt reply
Congratulations!! This is the link https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv but I never got a date when I rescheduled. The best is sending an email or calling the numbers they give you.

Hi All

Thank you!
Hongera sana Chief!.

HI,
guys my parents had a their medical today and my mother was found with some sort of scar on her chest
they have an interview 3 weeks from now and the sputum thing takes 1-8 weeks and apparently we have like a month and 2 weeks to 30th september ..i really dont know what we should do?

Hello fam, I went for the interview today as scheduled though my CN was above 39500. APPROVED!!!!. Please have AoS ready, at least 8 selectees who didn't have it were placed on AP today. We were 23 selectees.
Excellent news :)
Happy to hear that you were successful.
All the best. Cheers!

Hi All

Thank you!
Awesome news :)
Cheers @utamaduni

HI,
guys my parents had a their medical today and my mother was found with some sort of scar on her chest
they have an interview 3 weeks from now and the sputum thing takes 1-8 weeks and apparently we have like a month and 2 weeks to 30th september ..i really dont know what we should do?

They should attend the interview and hopefully they'll be placed on AP then IOM forwards the file after the tests are done hopefully it's nothing major

Thanks for the reply,but what they dont have is time,because by the time they do their interview they will be having like 2 months to sep 30 @ guriix