• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Thnx,,,another questions about educations , In my DS260 applications under "Number of Educational Institutions Attended " I have selected only "one" the high school ( 4 yrs) and not including the primary school (8 yrs) , the meaning that you can't go to high school without finishing the primary educations .
Is that gone be e problem or I have to prove to them in interview by taking my diploma?.Thnx .

Best Regards,

hi simon, its me again, was just going through a conversation you were having in another forum and i picked up something of interest to me .. i am a kenyan and visited Switzerland sometime in 2011 for 3 months on a tourist visa, went to visit my cousin who was not feeling well. now i did not fill the information on the DS-260, is it going to affect me in a negative way during the interview? please advice

hi simon, its me again, was just going through a conversation you were having in another forum and i picked up something of interest to me .. i am a kenyan and visited Switzerland sometime in 2011 for 3 months on a tourist visa, went to visit my cousin who was not feeling well. now i did not fill the information on the DS-260, is it going to affect me in a negative way during the interview? please advice

No - you can treat that as a vacation - so you didn't live there.

Thnx,,,another questions about educations , In my DS260 applications under "Number of Educational Institutions Attended " I have selected only "one" the high school ( 4 yrs) and not including the primary school (8 yrs) , the meaning that you can't go to high school without finishing the primary educations .
Is that gone be e problem or I have to prove to them in interview by taking my diploma?.Thnx .

Best Regards,

That's OK. Everyone is required to show proof of education.

That's OK. Everyone is required to show proof of education.
Ok that's a relief coz i was worried that I'm gone be rejected because I have no selected 12 yrs educations but this is good news that I can proof in interview .

Thanks a lot Simon.
Regards.

Two questions, first one may have already been covered by Artan's a few posts above:
1. I just listed my last high school, where I spent my last two years, and where I received my high school diploma, should I have listed the one I attended before that?
2. Since submitting my application in May, I have been to the US for 3 weeks, should I unlock my application and update it with the dates of my latest visit, or can I just provide this at the interview?

Thanks

Two questions, first one may have already been covered by Artan's a few posts above:
1. I just listed my last high school, where I spent my last two years, and where I received my high school diploma, should I have listed the one I attended before that?
2. Since submitting my application in May, I have been to the US for 3 weeks, should I unlock my application and update it with the dates of my latest visit, or can I just provide this at the interview?

Thanks

1. Yes
2. Since you are unlocking anyway for point 1, add it then.

Best Regards,

Thanks

To put both these in context, the DS asks for secondary school info. So you don't list your primary schools but you need to list every school after that.

To put both these in context, the DS asks for secondary school info. So you don't list your primary schools but you need to list every school after that.
Thnx Susie ..understood that's mean i did nothing wrong listing only secondary school and I have reach the point of 12 yrs education.
What about the work experience if you have 12 yrs educations you don't have to do job descriptions anymore am I right ?.. and I already did that's my bad writing a bunch of lines for every single job that i'v done .

Thanks a lot.

Thnx Susie ..understood that's mean i did nothing wrong listing only secondary school and I have reach the point of 12 yrs education.
What about the work experience if you have 12 yrs educations you don't have to do job descriptions anymore am I right ?.. and I already did that's my bad writing a bunch of lines for every single job that i'v done .

Thanks a lot.

Fill in all the applicable questions. Even if you are qualifying on education, you should still fill in the work experience section because it helps the CO see that you can get a job and are less likely to become a public charge.

(More rarely, there are some people who only find out in the interview that their high school is actually inadequate for DV, and then it also could help them if the work experience section is properly filled in.)

hi guys, its me again... this time i have two questions about family information 1. i misspelled one letter on my fathers name. 2 the question asked about my mothers sir name at birth which is the one reflecting on my birth certificate but instead i wrote my fathers name. should in i ask KCC to unlock the DS 260 so that i can make the changes? please advise. thanks

hi guys, its me again... this time i have two questions about family information 1. i misspelled one letter on my fathers name. 2 the question asked about my mothers sir name at birth which is the one reflecting on my birth certificate but instead i wrote my fathers name. should in i ask KCC to unlock the DS 260 so that i can make the changes? please advise. thanks

Yes unlock and make the corrections.

Hey guys, should I get my police certificate before the 2NL comes if I know I'll get an interview in October or November?

Hey guys, should I get my police certificate before the 2NL comes if I know I'll get an interview in October or November?

Don't get it too soon. Typically people apply for them when they get the 2Nl, although allowing more time than that is fine if you think it might take longer.