• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

After smooth but no decision interview my D-i-L and son went today , the interviewer only concentrated on the i-130 and i-485 questions no financial support was requested neither bank statements only their marriage certificate and basic questions like when they met and how long they have been married. The interview took about 45 minutes the IO was very nice and told them that everything looks OK she took their passport made a copy of their visas and told them she will call on Monday afternoon to give them an answer. Kind of dissapointed.:confused::confused::eek::eek:

After smooth but no decision interview my D-i-L and son went today , the interviewer only concentrated on the i-130 and i-485 questions no financial support was requested neither bank statements only their marriage certificate and basic questions like when they met and how long they have been married. The interview took about 45 minutes the IO was very nice and told them that everything looks OK she took their passport made a copy of their visas and told them she will call on Monday afternoon to give them an answer. Kind of dissapointed.:confused::confused::eek::eek:

Glad to know your son and D-I-L had a stress free interview and thanks for updating us. I however need to point out there's no I-130 involved with a DV based AOS petition. So I'm wondering why they had that in their package.

Glad to know your son and D-I-L had a stress free interview and thanks for updating us. I however need to point out there's no I-130 involved with a DV based AOS petition. So I'm wondering why they had that in their package.
Sorry Mom I misseunderstood my son I asked him again and it is actually the I-20 as both of them are on a F1 visa. Thanks for the quotation.

Hi Mom, I have a quick question: I just realized did not make a copy of the dv lottery fee payment receipt that is mailed back to you from KCC. Instead I did include it the AOS package I sent to uscis . Do you think they will require me to show it at interview?

Hi Mom, I have a quick question: I just realized did not make a copy of the dv lottery fee payment receipt that is mailed back to you from KCC. Instead I did include it the AOS package I sent to uscis . Do you think they will require me to show it at interview?

They probably wouldn't, although we've had a couple of cases (not a significant number) where the IO asked for the receipt because it was somehow missing from the AOS package sent it.

The DV lottery payment receipt is just the form we sent them with our information with a seal of "paid" in it, right?

Had biometrics done on the 24th of Jan. How long does it usually take for interview letter to arrive?

It varies. It depends on one's FO and their workload, and sometimes includes how long it takes for you to clear your background check. Use the Timeline spreadsheets, both for DV2017 and the previous years to get an idea of the average wait time for your FO.

Hi Sm1smom, I was about to send my AOS package, but I just realized that I never got my 2nd NL from KCC. What I got from KCC was an email with an attachment saying "Dear .... Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)." I thought this was the 2nd NL, but I realized it was not when I googled how this letter is supposed to look like. I think the reason I got that email was because initially I was planning to do CP at my home country, but since I moved to the US recently under F1 visa, I requested to change the process to AOS instead.
Just fyi, I've paid $330 fee and received a receipt sent via email. Do you think something is wrong in the process? Can I send my AOS package without the 2nd NL? My CN is current (2017AS00003xxx). Thank you!

Hi mom and DV experts! I would like to get your opinion; I'm running into an unique situation here.

My company wants to start my H1B petition but I'm wondering if I'm qualified for it since I'm in the middle of AOS. My case number was current in January and I already did my biometrics so I am just waiting for my interview letter now. My OPT is expiring this June but just in case if anything happens with the green card (knock on wood), the H1B can be a backup. Since I'm already displaying immigrant intent, will I be ineligible to apply for H1B? Thank you in advance!

Hi Sm1smom, I was about to send my AOS package, but I just realized that I never got my 2nd NL from KCC. What I got from KCC was an email with an attachment saying "Dear .... Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)." I thought this was the 2nd NL, but I realized it was not when I googled how this letter is supposed to look like. I think the reason I got that email was because initially I was planning to do CP at my home country, but since I moved to the US recently under F1 visa, I requested to change the process to AOS instead.
Just fyi, I've paid $330 fee and received a receipt sent via email. Do you think something is wrong in the process? Can I send my AOS package without the 2nd NL? My CN is current (2017AS00003xxx). Thank you!

That is your 2NL. Nothing is wrong with the process. Yes selectees have been known to send in their AOS package without the 2NL because they do not have it. You however have the 2NL.

Hi mom and DV experts! I would like to get your opinion; I'm running into an unique situation here.

My company wants to start my H1B petition but I'm wondering if I'm qualified for it since I'm in the middle of AOS. My case number was current in January and I already did my biometrics so I am just waiting for my interview letter now. My OPT is expiring this June but just in case if anything happens with the green card (knock on wood), the H1B can be a backup. Since I'm already displaying immigrant intent, will I be ineligible to apply for H1B? Thank you in advance!

It shouldn't be an issue. H1B is a dual intent visa.

You should not disclose your CN on a public forum. It is considered sensitive information, I'd recommend you delete it :)
Also the number itself has no relevance - what matters that it became current in October. Did you make an Infopass appointment to follow up?
Thanks How to delete it?

Sm1smom, I have sent my AOS package and my CN is AF000010xxx , do you think the process will take long before i receive the letter for the bio appointment or the interview? am i going to be privileged because my CN is lower than the current number for this month?

Hello mom IS DES MOINES

is been 1 month and a 1 week since i received my NOA, yet i have'nt received my bio letter. is this normal?
m CN# is current DEC.

Sm1smom, I have sent my AOS package and my CN is AF000010xxx , do you think the process will take long before i receive the letter for the bio appointment or the interview? am i going to be privileged because my CN is lower than the current number for this month?

No you will not be "privileged because your CN is lower than the current number for this month". Your petition will be processed accordingly.

Please refer to the Timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long the processing is likely to take.