• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Well I did my bio on Feb 18th and approved on 7th July. I went to an infopass on early March and I inquire about my background check and officer said it has already being cleared. Bio completion is not a standard. It varies from person to person and persons country. If your name has some common names that may used my someone in a watchlist your bio would get more scrutinized. If you have travelled to Syria, Afganistan then you will get scrutinized more.

I see, thank you. I will wait and hopefully will be approved soon (at least before the deadline :) )

Hello again,

An IO called me today on the phone and asked me to come next week for an interview.
I asked him what should I bring with me and he said "Bring your driver's license, and your passport. That's it."

I have a mixed feeling. What do you guys think?

Hello again,

An IO called me today on the phone and asked me to come next week for an interview.
I asked him what should I bring with me and he said "Bring your driver's license, and your passport. That's it."

Take all your documents and everything you can think of in addition to what the IO said.

Hello again,

Hey I received the exact same call and the IO told me to bring the same thing as you. I went there and only brought the documents that were listed on the USCIS website for dv lottery case. I didn't take any affidavit of support or anything more and even during the interview my FO didn't ask me for any document, not even my passport lol

Hey mom,
I had an interview today in NY field office .everything went fine and the officer said that she needs to do some review with our case and she will be able to make the decesion but nothing has updated online yet and I am so scared. Normally how long does it take to get approved and update online ?

Hey mom,
I had an interview today in NY field office .everything went fine and the officer said that she needs to do some review with our case and she will be able to make the decesion but nothing has updated online yet and I am so scared. Normally how long does it take to get approved and update online ?

It takes as long as the IO needs to review the case before approving the case. You just need to exercise some patience.

Hey mom,

You could check posts of _sair_ here and will see that he had interview in NYC 28 Apr and then received approval notice 9 May.
I had interview there 2 Aug and didn't here anything yet too.
So it's early to worry.

hey guys! I have a question, after we get the green card, what are the next steps? and how do we get the social security number? I did answer yes that I want a ssn issued on the ds260, but does it come with the green card? do you have any useful links for new residents? Thanks for the help

hey guys! I have a question, after we get the green card, what are the next steps? and how do we get the social security number? I did answer yes that I want a ssn issued on the ds260, but does it come with the green card? do you have any useful links for new residents? Thanks for the help

You apply for the SSN at the local SSA office. You aren't really a new resident - you know the basics - right?

Hi mom,

Just received the interview letter for me and my spouse. My spouse has the appointment at 7:30 and I have it at 8:00. Is this the usual? I thought we both had to be in the interview together.
Thanks.

Hi mom,

Just received the interview letter for me and my spouse. My spouse has the appointment at 7:30 and I have it at 8:00. Is this the usual? I thought we both had to be in the interview together.
Thanks.

Yes it's not unusual to have separately scheduled times for a couple. Don't worry about it. You'll probably end up being interviewed together.

Hi mom,

Thanks.
Strange thing USCIS opens at 8 am. I dont know in your region it opens at 7:30 am?

One question, the letter we received seems to be a generic one, and it's asking for documents and photocopies of documents we already sent. They ask even for children's documents and we don't have children.
My concern is they ask for an employment letter and I'm currently not working because I'm studying to take two exams in the coming months (I ended employment in May). We can show bank statements demonstrating economic support. Also, they ask for the high school diploma, but I only have the University Certificate with me. Do you think we will have a problem with all this?.
As always, thanks!

One question, the letter we received seems to be a generic one, and it's asking for documents and photocopies of documents we already sent. They ask even for children's documents and we don't have children.
My concern is they ask for an employment letter and I'm currently not working because I'm studying to take two exams in the coming months (I ended employment in May). We can show bank statements demonstrating economic support. Also, they ask for the high school diploma, but I only have the University Certificate with me. Do you think we will have a problem with all this?.
As always, thanks!

You had all these time to send for your HS diploma, why did you not send for it? Some IOs have been known to insist on seeing the HS Diploma itself. Is this going to be a problem for you? I don't know.