• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi guys, quick question:
Since on April 12 will be my first INFOPASS and since we are still on April (so even if it's taking forever considering that is a DV based case they could say that they still have 5 months before the end of the FY) what kind of approach I should have in these sense? I will bring with me also the Policy memo to remind that DV cases require a "special" processing respect the other cases but I'm afraid this 5 months before the end could be not arguable.
Moreover I would like to know when could really make sense to contact level 2 officers and/or congressman. Maybe it's too early for this INFOPASS but I just want to know to plan a timeline for me

@KentConcept, today I got the IL at my mailbox. The interview is scheduled for the 10th of May. Hopefully, you will get yours soon too.

My wife and I just got our green cards in the mail today (less than 2 weeks after the uncharacteristically long interview with RFE)! We were so excited, we stood outside in the rain waiting for the postlady to show up. Thanks so much Mom for your guidance in this process. We're very grateful. I've added more date info to the AOS timeline sheet in hopes it will help others. Interestingly, our EAD/AP cards have yet to show up.

Congratulations!

My wife and I just got our green cards in the mail today (less than 2 weeks after the uncharacteristically long interview with RFE)! We were so excited, we stood outside in the rain waiting for the postlady to show up. Thanks so much Mom for your guidance in this process. We're very grateful. I've added more date info to the AOS timeline sheet in hopes it will help others. Interestingly, our EAD/AP cards have yet to show up.
Congratulations

Hi! I was selected for the dv lottery 2016 and submitted the required adjustment of status packet in December and had my biometrics done on 26th January. However I have not heard back anything after that and it has already been more than 2 1/2 months and there hasn't been any update on my online account either. I called them and they told me it's under processing but I am worried as from what I have heard people usually get their interview about 2 months after biometrics. Can anyone please share their experience or any suggestions? It would be a great help.

Thank you.

Hi! I was selected for the dv lottery 2016 and submitted the required adjustment of status packet in December and had my biometrics done on 26th January. However I have not heard back anything after that and it has already been more than 2 1/2 months and there hasn't been any update on my online account either. I called them and they told me it's under processing but I am worried as from what I have heard people usually get their interview about 2 months after biometrics. Can anyone please share their experience or any suggestions? It would be a great help.

Thank you.

I guess depends from person to person. I sent the document in November 2nd and did my biometric in December 7 and still I have no news. I can't see your entry in the spreadsheet of this year, please add a row about your timelines if you have time.

I guess depends from person to person. I sent the document in November 2nd and did my biometric in December 7 and still I have no news. I can't see your entry in the spreadsheet of this year, please add a row about your timelines if you have time.

December 17,2015: I-485 and fees received by uscis office.
Notice Date: 3rd January 2016
Biometrics appointment notice: 9th January for appointment on 26th January.
Went for biometrics on the 26th and haven't heard from them since then.

Thankyou for your response.

December 17,2015: I-485 and fees received by uscis office.
Notice Date: 3rd January 2016
Biometrics appointment notice: 9th January for appointment on 26th January.
Went for biometrics on the 26th and haven't heard from them since then.

Thankyou for your response.

Do you know what is your field office? It depends on your residence address and could be different from the place you went for the biometrics.
I'm not sure on what could be the reason for the delay, but I would say that you are totally fine for now. If you want you can also schedule an INFOPASS appointment at your USCIS field office to ask about your case. It's free and it's strongly suggested in this forum because sometimes "awake" officers that are sleeping on your case and/or lost the focus on that

Reactions: Abz
One of the things that is needed for each case is a background check. For most people that is straightforward, but for some that background check (name check) might take longer. So - in some cases the delay after biometrics etc might be down to an FO being lazy/inefficient, or deliberately "grouping" cases for processing, but for others it could show the name check is longer. That is why an Infopass can be useful to check on completeness of the short list of things needed to complete your case. You need to prepare for the infopass though to make sure you ask the few questions that are important to ask.

Hi Mom and everybody. Just got back from interview. My time was 8:00 am and my wife's was 9:00. We arrived around 7:25, stood in a line to enter the building (we entered at around 7:35). The the reception was not there until 8:00. I handed our IV letter the first one but it took us more than 1:00 hour to be called for IV (around 9:05). The IO was polite but not smiley or very nice. Asked us about our identifications (Name, DOB, address, parents' names). Asked to see our passports, birth certificate, marriage certificate. He asked some questions about our visa status. The date of our last enteries to the US. He asked about affidavit of support but I gave him my pay stubs and offer letter that I do have, I also gave him the affidavit of support and taxes of my sponsor. He checked our medicals and was fine. He asked my wife why she went to our country last month. He looked at our marriage certificate.
At the end he told us that we will see the change of status in the website in one week and receive our card in 3 weeks. In case he needs any docs he will let us know. He told "I need to check your financial docs and check your background"! BACKGROUND CHECK!!!! OMG! I am so tired of back ground checking. I really hate this word from the bottom of my heart.
I told him whether this is the same background and name check that they did primarily? He answered NO, it is just to make sure nothing has happened from the time of last chek.
I asked him if he did request for my DOCs from KCC? He literally did not have any clue about what I was talking about. (I already did two infopasss and called them once to request for my docs from KCC! The last call ended up in a service request). He told I will have to check everything and we are always in contact with the Department of State!
Hope everything will go smoothly from now because I am sick of waiting.
Interestingly, he did not ask for oath, did not see my High School cert.

Hi all!

On todays bulletin my number is just below the cutoff. I am SA1174. I can now send my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox any day no? (i will include the early filing policy memo). The only thing missing is the receipt of the DV fee payment from KCC. I sent it last monday. Can i call KCC and ask if they have received it and if they can send me a scan? Or do I need to wait for them to send the original? I now i should have done it earlier but now I am stuck with it.

thanks for the help.

Hi all,

Just back from an INFOPASS in San Francisco and I want to share my experience.
After my arrival I went to the Information Center to get the ticket and wait in the waiting room. The woman in that desk was not friendly, she asked me why I was there and I briefly explained my situation. She told me that they are backlogged of 8 months in i-485 cases so she laugh and say that I cannot pretend any priority. So I explained that my case is based on Diversity VISA lottery but she replied that it doesn't matter because they still process all the cases together as "first come first serve" and that she work there since 15 years and is funny how people with lottery cases always pretend to know more than them. But since I saw that she wasn't the person that was about to help me, because she gave me a ticket to wait in the waiting room, instead of losing time by discussing with her, I just said "thank you" and left and she also made fun saying "come on, you WON the lottery... Be happy".
After that I got help from a guy and this time he was very very nice. At the beginning he put the case number in his PC and since he was getting "VISA number missing" he was afraid they lost my documents and went upstairs to inquiry with an officer. After coming back he told me that they found my case and all is ready for the interview but they just have one guy working on DV cases and in fact no interviews are scheduled in April and May about DV lottery. This is weird because @empacher just wrote that he got the IL with appointment for May 10. I asked if he was sure and he then showed me a paper with all the scheduled interviews and in fact I haven't seen any interview for May 10. In my opinion this paper wasn't updated, but anyway I asked if he was able to tell me about my fingerprints and my background check and he said no, that only the guy upstairs can do that and I asked if he was sure because would be very helpful for me to know that. So he asked to the coworkers working in the other windows and they were able to find those information in their system. Apparently fingerprint and background check are completed (which is a good news). Instead they didn't know what is the KCC file but this guy said that probably the guy working upstairs should know since work just on DV cases.
So basically my case is ready for interview and he told me they are aware that they must finish before September 30 but probably they don't want to schedule any interview before September for policy decision (as you said in this forum about the San Francisco FO, but still I cannot understand why other people still got the interview anyway, since some of them send the documents much time after me). He told me to wait until July or August and if I don't get the IL to schedule another INFOPASS. Obviously I won't wait so long, I will schedule another INFOPASS appointments before that time.
I also tried to say "by the way, just to let you know, I have all the required documents for an interview with me so if you may have time I'm willing to do it now", but he said that they cannot do that. I was expecting that reaction but at least I tried lol
What do you guys think?
Thanks again for everything

Hi all,

Just back from an INFOPASS in San Francisco and I want to share my experience.
After my arrival I went to the Information Center to get the ticket and wait in the waiting room. The woman in that desk was not friendly, she asked me why I was there and I briefly explained my situation. She told me that they are backlogged of 8 months in i-485 cases so she laugh and say that I cannot pretend any priority. So I explained that my case is based on Diversity VISA lottery but she replied that it doesn't matter because they still process all the cases together as "first come first serve" and that she work there since 15 years and is funny how people with lottery cases always pretend to know more than them. But since I saw that she wasn't the person that was about to help me, because she gave me a ticket to wait in the waiting room, instead of losing time by discussing with her, I just said "thank you" and left and she also made fun saying "come on, you WON the lottery... Be happy".
After that I got help from a guy and this time he was very very nice. At the beginning he put the case number in his PC and since he was getting "VISA number missing" he was afraid they lost my documents and went upstairs to inquiry with an officer. After coming back he told me that they found my case and all is ready for the interview but they just have one guy working on DV cases and in fact no interviews are scheduled in April and May about DV lottery. This is weird because @empacher just wrote that he got the IL with appointment for May 10. I asked if he was sure and he then showed me a paper with all the scheduled interviews and in fact I haven't seen any interview for May 10. In my opinion this paper wasn't updated, but anyway I asked if he was able to tell me about my fingerprints and my background check and he said no, that only the guy upstairs can do that and I asked if he was sure because would be very helpful for me to know that. So he asked to the coworkers working in the other windows and they were able to find those information in their system. Apparently fingerprint and background check are completed (which is a good news). Instead they didn't know what is the KCC file but this guy said that probably the guy working upstairs should know since work just on DV cases.
So basically my case is ready for interview and he told me they are aware that they must finish before September 30 but probably they don't want to schedule any interview before September for policy decision (as you said in this forum about the San Francisco FO, but still I cannot understand why other people still got the interview anyway, since some of them send the documents much time after me). He told me to wait until July or August and if I don't get the IL to schedule another INFOPASS. Obviously I won't wait so long, I will schedule another INFOPASS appointments before that time.
I also tried to say "by the way, just to let you know, I have all the required documents for an interview with me so if you may have time I'm willing to do it now", but he said that they cannot do that. I was expecting that reaction but at least I tried lol
What do you guys think?
Thanks again for everything

You were so strong dealing with them perfectly even after being offended in different ways. I believe you should keep going to these infopasses every month and call USCIS in between to push them as hard as you can. Ask USCIS phone representatives to submit a service request for you. You also should find your congressman and ask for some help. It is absolutely ridiculous to wait and keep watching.

Hi Mom and everybody. Just got back from interview. My time was 8:00 am and my wife's was 9:00. We arrived around 7:25, stood in a line to enter the building (we entered at around 7:35). The the reception was not there until 8:00. I handed our IV letter the first one but it took us more than 1:00 hour to be called for IV (around 9:05). The IO was polite but not smiley or very nice. Asked us about our identifications (Name, DOB, address, parents' names). Asked to see our passports, birth certificate, marriage certificate. He asked some questions about our visa status. The date of our last enteries to the US. He asked about affidavit of support but I gave him my pay stubs and offer letter that I do have, I also gave him the affidavit of support and taxes of my sponsor. He checked our medicals and was fine. He asked my wife why she went to our country last month. He looked at our marriage certificate.
At the end he told us that we will see the change of status in the website in one week and receive our card in 3 weeks. In case he needs any docs he will let us know. He told "I need to check your financial docs and check your background"! BACKGROUND CHECK!!!! OMG! I am so tired of back ground checking. I really hate this word from the bottom of my heart.
I told him whether this is the same background and name check that they did primarily? He answered NO, it is just to make sure nothing has happened from the time of last chek.
I asked him if he did request for my DOCs from KCC? He literally did not have any clue about what I was talking about. (I already did two infopasss and called them once to request for my docs from KCC! The last call ended up in a service request). He told I will have to check everything and we are always in contact with the Department of State!
Hope everything will go smoothly from now because I am sick of waiting.
Interestingly, he did not ask for oath, did not see my High School cert.

Congratulations on coming this far. Remind again, what's your current visa status? Did your wife use an AP card to seek re-admission upon her return from her trip to your home country?

Hi all!

On todays bulletin my number is just below the cutoff. I am SA1174. I can now send my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox any day no? (i will include the early filing policy memo). The only thing missing is the receipt of the DV fee payment from KCC. I sent it last monday. Can i call KCC and ask if they have received it and if they can send me a scan? Or do I need to wait for them to send the original? I now i should have done it earlier but now I am stuck with it.

thanks for the help.

You can email KCC and request for them to email the receipt to you. Considering the fact that you said you were ready to make the payment back on March 15th, and ended up not doing so until a week ago, you should have been prepared to wait for the receipt to arrive.

Do you know what is your field office? It depends on your residence address and could be different from the place you went for the biometrics.
I'm not sure on what could be the reason for the delay, but I would say that you are totally fine for now. If you want you can also schedule an INFOPASS appointment at your USCIS field office to ask about your case. It's free and it's strongly suggested in this forum because sometimes "awake" officers that are sleeping on your case and/or lost the focus on that

Thankyou so much.

Congratulations on coming this far. Remind again, what's your current visa status? Did your wife use an AP card to seek re-admission upon her return from her trip to your home country?
Thanks Mom. Yes, she went back to our country on AP.
Regarding visa status, I came to US in on F1 visa and changed my status to J-1 after 1.5 years (my J-1 does not have 2 years home country service because of my country of birth). He was asking when I changed my status and what my status is now. There was a confusion about the dates which finally got resolved and he saw my Change of Statuses note and understood that I changed my status at a specific date.

Hi guys, I just received my green card yesterday. This forum helped us a lot. We don't need attorney to do this process. I couldn't get it without this forum. I appreciate you guys especially Mom and Simon. Don't worry if you are still waiting, I got IL after 6 month wait. Wait is pain but you will definitely get it. I stressed out many times but I should've be more relax while I was waiting. I got IL after 2 INFOPASS. After interview has done it's pretty quick. I got welcome letter and GC within a week after I got approved. Thank you so much again. And also, good luck to all of you!! Chao!

You can email KCC and request for them to email the receipt to you. Considering the fact that you said you were ready to make the payment back on March 15th, and ended up not doing so until a week ago, you should have been prepared to wait for the receipt to arrive.

Thanks again for the help. Yes i know, i have no excuse. I let you know how it turns out. thanks!

Hi,
My current visa status is F1, however, i20 expired by today. As I understand, my status will be active for next 60 days.
My lottery number was current in February and the last step we made was Biometric on March 25. We didn't receive interview letter yet.
Now the question:
Is this a good idea to simply wait for an interview or it make more sense to apply for another year of study and update i-20?
Second option, obviously, require additional expenses which I try to avoid.
My driver's license expired as well, alone with i20 :(

Please advise.

Thanks!