• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello,
I received a message today "Your case is now updated". I checked it; it says "On January 19, 2016, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********** We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice." I guess my wait is over too, am I right, Mom? It doesn't say CPO yet though. Maybe I will receive an approval letter and then the card will be sent. Am I right?
I got the same message today but my status was "Card ordered" yesterday. Anyway, you will get card production soon. Cheers!

Hello,
I received a message today "Your case is now updated". I checked it; it says "On January 19, 2016, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********** We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice." I guess my wait is over too, am I right, Mom? It doesn't say CPO yet though. Maybe I will receive an approval letter and then the card will be sent. Am I right?

Yep, your wait is over. Congratulations!

Hello,

I think I really mess up everything and I need your help.
I live in US under H1B status. In August I submitted my ds260 for Consulate process in my home country. My number is EU206XX and I'm afraid that if I go to to Europe , I will have to stay more than two weeks... which is problem for my work..
So is it too late to change my direction for AOS? I live in Chicago and I know that things here move slow.
Any help is welcome!

Thank you

You're better off proceeding 'as is'

@Sm1smom Mom, on the AOS spreadsheet, under the Interview Tips tab, the link to the Foreign Affairs Manual is broken. There is a new handbook for the FAM here - https://fam.state.gov/

The location of the manual that refers to using form I-134 for DV applicants is here - https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030208.html -> 9 FAM 302.8-2(B)(3) Determining “Totality of Circumstances” -> g.(3)(b)(ii)

Yeah, I'm aware of the updates they've done regarding the links for the 9 FAM documents. I've been planning on updating the spreadsheet but haven't quite got around to do so.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Yep, your wait is over. Congratulations!

Thank you, Mom, very much. I didn't want to get my hopes up before I heard from you. I am crying right now. Thank you so much. You have been so great to me and to all of us; there is no enough word to express my gratitude to you and to the people in this forum. Without this forum and your help, I wouldn't have known what I was doing. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I also wish all the best for everybody, including ones who are just starting out, middle of the process or the ones who are so close to the end, waiting to hear from USCIS; I hope your wait will be over soon too... I learned to be patient here, in this forum. Mom helped me, her answers were priceless... Thank you again, and again...

Hi, sorry to ask again about i-134, does my sponsor need to Check the “Intend” box. for Question 11?
Will there be an impact if she checks "I do not intend"?
I actually do not need money sponsorship since I got funding from the school, and I will provide > 80,000USD of account balance from a bank (though a foreign bank) but as I am not employed, I need the i-134 from a US citizen or green card holder.

May I ask if providing the financial documents of my parents will also help this my situation that I am not employed?

Thank you!

Thank you, Mom, very much. I didn't want to get my hopes up before I heard from you. I am crying right now. Thank you so much. You have been so great to me and to all of us; there is no enough word to express my gratitude to you and to the people in this forum. Without this forum and your help, I wouldn't have known what I was doing. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I also wish all the best for everybody, including ones who are just starting out, middle of the process or the ones who are so close to the end, waiting to hear from USCIS; I hope your wait will be over soon too... I learned to be patient here, in this forum. Mom helped me, her answers were priceless... Thank you again, and again...[/QUOTE

@Pamuk,

Congrats. I am still waiting for my case status update, hope it will be coming soon...

I wanted to put in a quick update about my process. Mom had given me some fantastic advice last year about my situation.

My main concern was myself and my families (4 of us) status was expiring at the end of last year and timings were tricky. I am happy to report all our statuses were extended before they expired. This gives me comfort that we are all in status when I send in the application.

We will be current in February and right now are just waiting for our TB skin test results. As soon as I have that and the sealed medical in my hands, I have the whole application ready to go.

In case this is helpful for anyone, we left our DS-260 submission late for certain reasons, one being our status. We submitted in December and got the 2NL back right at 2 weeks! I hope the rest of the process goes this quick ;)

Congratulations to those who already have their GCs!! Thanks also to the great contributions of the gurus :)

I will keep all updated.

@STAN2015
Thank you very much! You will hear from USCIS too; yet it takes a little time. I had decided to wait for 2 months at least before scheduling an Infopass. I also talked to KCC and I was told that my file was asked by my FO; I got happy. Then, the case of @Elixir Gautam and his Infopass extended my hopes even more; he was told to wait for at least 2 months to hear from his USCIS. I followed the same path with my interview letter. My case wasn't updated for that letter, yet I received it in 2 months after my biometrics. Then finally @Elixir Gautam received his results, Voila ! Then I thought mine should arrive too somehow. I had also asked Mom whether everything was still ok; her responses have always comforted me. So please keep believing, your wait will be over too. I wish you all the best...

@STAN2015
Thank you very much! You will hear from USCIS too; yet it takes a little time. I had decided to wait for 2 months at least before scheduling an Infopass. I also talked to KCC and I was told that my file was asked by my FO; I got happy. Then, the case of @Elixir Gautam and his Infopass extended my hopes even more; he was told to wait for at least 2 months to hear from his USCIS. I followed the same path with my interview letter. My case wasn't updated for that letter, yet I received it in 2 months after my biometrics. Then finally @Elixir Gautam received his results, Voila ! Then I thought mine should arrive too somehow. I had also asked Mom whether everything was still ok; her responses have always comforted me. So please keep believing, your wait will be over too. I wish you all the best...
@Pamuk,
Thank you for your encouraging words. My interview date was very close with yours so I hope I will get update soon, I will be patience.

Yes this wait is killing me, I sent my application last Wednesday and they received it on 14th signed for it by J.CHYBA. I actually searched the guy to make sure he works at chicago lockbox. So I didnt receive any text msg or email yet. No check has cashed out. Looking at the timeline, it looks like it takes around 2 weeks to receive the acceptance. So just the early wait is killing me. I know I have lot more waiting to do. Need patience.

@STAN2015
Have patience guys. We were scared but waited 2 months and 14 days to get our decision. If everything is in order as mentioned in spreadsheet and your interview went good, no need to worry.

@bludragon
Tomorrow is your day and I wish you the best of luck for your interview...

Thanks @Pamuk!

My interview went fairly well. I was ready with all my documents thanks to @Sm1smom, but I didn't have to show any of them. I was called in about 30 mins after the time. I was asked to raise my hand and swear to tell the truth. Then the lady just reviewed/confirmed the i-485 info, and asked a few small-talk/verification questions like what languages I spoke and asked for my birthday twice, I guess just to make sure I was telling the truth and I was the applicant. She asked if there was anything I wanted to add to my file, so I handed her my current enrollment letter from the school for this semester (application included previous semester's enrollment verification). I also asked her about the KCC file, because when I called KCC the day before they said the file has NOT been requested. She started going through my AOS packet looking for the 'KCC file'. I told her that based on other people's experiences IO requests a file from KCC and that DV selectees in general go through KCC. She starting typing away, and said that yes, she would need something from them. She said I should be getting my card in the mail, and told me to make sure my name was correctly spelled on the card once I got it. So I guess that was an indirect approval. It all took about 15 minutes.

I think their main reason for an interview is just to see the applicant's face and confirm their info/identity, like some others have stated. I had a stack of supporting documents, none of which were asked. I opened my folder twice to hand the interview letter to the security guard and to hand my current school enrollment letter to the IO which, again, she didn't specifically ask for, I just voluntarily added it to my file.

I'll call KCC in the morning to see if the IO requested the KCC file, but otherwise we'll see what happens. Again, a HUUUGE thanks to @Sm1smom for all the info/assistance/hand-holding.

Hi, sorry to ask again about i-134, does my sponsor need to Check the “Intend” box. for Question 11?
Will there be an impact if she checks "I do not intend"?
I actually do not need money sponsorship since I got funding from the school, and I will provide > 80,000USD of account balance from a bank (though a foreign bank) but as I am not employed, I need the i-134 from a US citizen or green card holder.

May I ask if providing the financial documents of my parents will also help this my situation that I am not employed?

Thank you!

The sponsor is required to select the "Intend" option, selecting the "I do not intend" option is as good as not submitting an affidavit of support. Since your parents are not based in the US, I have no idea how much consideration will be given to their financial documents in support of an AOS petition.

Thanks @Pamuk!

My interview went fairly well. I was ready with all my documents thanks to @Sm1smom, but I didn't have to show any of them. I was called in about 30 mins after the time. I was asked to raise my hand and swear to tell the truth. Then the lady just reviewed/confirmed the i-485 info, and asked a few small-talk/verification questions like what languages I spoke and asked for my birthday twice, I guess just to make sure I was telling the truth and I was the applicant. She asked if there was anything I wanted to add to my file, so I handed her my current enrollment letter from the school for this semester (application included previous semester's enrollment verification). I also asked her about the KCC file, because when I called KCC the day before they said the file has NOT been requested. She started going through my AOS packet looking for the 'KCC file'. I told her that based on other people's experiences IO requests a file from KCC and that DV selectees in general go through KCC. She starting typing away, and said that yes, she would need something from them. She said I should be getting my card in the mail, and told me to make sure my name was correctly spelled on the card once I got it. So I guess that was an indirect approval. It all took about 15 minutes.

I think their main reason for an interview is just to see the applicant's face and confirm their info/identity, like some others have stated. I had a stack of supporting documents, none of which were asked. I opened my folder twice to hand the interview letter to the security guard and to hand my current school enrollment letter to the IO which, again, she didn't specifically ask for, I just voluntarily added it to my file.

I'll call KCC in the morning to see if the IO requested the KCC file, but otherwise we'll see what happens. Again, a HUUUGE thanks to @Sm1smom for all the info/assistance/hand-holding.

Cool. You're almost at the end of the race.

Mom, I just felt a little worry about this after I followed everyone's post. I included my husband(selectee)'s mom's bank statement because we both are student visa. she lives in our country but I asked her to give her bank account in USD. I thought it was ok because that means she will helps us. But I discovered most of them included I-134, I actually didn't... because when I prepared I thought we don't need it because her bank has enough money to support us plus she is not US citizen. I just put her bank account in our country, because I did same thing when I got F1.
But do you think I should prepare I-134 (My husband's aunt is US citizen) now and bring it at the interview? or INFOPASS...? I will have INFOPASS appointment next Friday.

Hello mom and everyone,
Today I had my interview and I want to share the experience.
We arrived five minutes before the appointment time. They immediately called our name and we entered the interview room. We did the swear and he asked all of us about I-485, checked passport and photos and then I told them that I have another birth if certificate so he told me to mail to them to add to the file and that's all.
But
At the end he said that he cannot approve the case today neither after still waiting for name check from FBI and this sometimes takes a year :(((( he said they will send another request to FBI and wait for their response.
Anyone had similar experience? And is it normal to wait all this time for name check. I am afraid the fiscal year is over and they are still waiting!
Any suggestions