• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Do we need varicella?

Every applicant who's over the age of 1 needs varicella vaccine unless, they have had chickenpox before. If you had, you either need a record from your doctor about varicella history or need a blood titer for varicella immunity.

Every applicant who's over the age of 1 needs varicella vaccine unless, they have had chickenpox before. If you had, you either need a record from your doctor about varicella history or need a blood titer for varicella immunity.

A medical record from a doctor or a blood titer for varicella immunity isn't always necessarily required. Most CS (if not all) will take your word for it when you tell them you've had chickenpox in the past.

A medical record from a doctor or a blood titer for varicella immunity isn't always necessarily required. Most CS (if not all) will take your word for it when you tell them you've had chickenpox in the past.

Oh OK. Guess I was one of the unlucky ones who needed to provide evidence. Thanks for the clarification.

Hi, may I ask some questions for I-485? For "Place of last entry into the United States" and the"Were you inspected by a US immigration officer", I kinda forgot the procedures if I am inspected or not by a US immigration office. Does everyone get inspected at the airport when we enter the states? Thanks.

Hi, may I ask some questions for I-485? For "Place of last entry into the United States" and the"Were you inspected by a US immigration officer", I kinda forgot the procedures if I am inspected or not by a US immigration office. Does everyone get inspected at the airport when we enter the states? Thanks.

As long as you didn't enter the country illegally, you are considered to have been inspected, so you should answer 'yes' to that question.

Hi Mom,

Quick question for you. I submitted my Ds260 as well as my wife in decmber. A couple days ago I received an email from KCC with an attached letter from uscis acknowledging the fact that I am doing an AOS, I suppose this the 2NL for people doing the AOS, my question is my wife should expect the same email or it is one email for both of us ?
Thanks for ur help

Hi Mom,

Quick question for you. I submitted my Ds260 as well as my wife in decmber. A couple days ago I received an email from KCC with an attached letter from uscis acknowledging the fact that I am doing an AOS, I suppose this the 2NL for people doing the AOS, my question is my wife should expect the same email or it is one email for both of us ?
Thanks for ur help

Only one email gets sent (and it's usually sent to the selectee).

Finally, today we got confirmation of Card Production Ordered. I can't express how happy I am today. Good luck for all others.

Congratulations!
You had your interview on NOV 5 and you received it today JAN 19. 14 days after 2 months. Well, as your FO said 2 month is good to wait, sometimes it is faster and sometimes it is slower I think. I checked the last year's statistics same place processed one case in 3 days and the other in 4 months. It is weird, but 2 months is good I think. That gives us hope too. Again, congratulations!

Congratulations!
You had your interview on NOV 5 and you received it today JAN 19. 14 days after 2 months. Well, as your FO said 2 month is good to wait, sometimes it is faster and sometimes it is slower I think. I checked the last year's statistics same place processed one case in 3 days and the other in 4 months. It is weird, but 2 months is good I think. That gives us hope too. Again, congratulations!
Thanks. Best of luck for your case. Yeah it was little wait but everything turned out OK. This forum is great. Lets hope everyone get their process finished in time.

In early December, do you think I should go to another one?
I see on the spreadsheet that Beau, tmy, Latte and _sair_ are also from NY and it seems they didn't get one as well yet. Maybe NY just takes more time?

Aldis, how did you schedule infopass? I want schedule one, but on the site they say that Queens office is closed. Could you share your experience? Thanks

Aldis, how did you schedule infopass? I want schedule one, but on the site they say that Queens office is closed. Could you share your experience? Thanks

I scheduled it on https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php The options I've chose:
"New York field office" > "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" > "Case Services follow-up appointment "

Do you see the Queens office as the only option? Maybe try entering a Manhattan zip code (such as 10001).

I scheduled it on https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php The options I've chose:
"New York field office" > "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" > "Case Services follow-up appointment "
Do you see the Queens office as the only option? Maybe try entering a Manhattan zip code (such as 10001).
I see NY FO too, just was not sure if I can go there. So thank you for details, I'll wait maybe a week and if nothing I'll schedule an appointment there.

Hello,
I received a message today "Your case is now updated". I checked it; it says "On January 19, 2016, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********** We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice." I guess my wait is over too, am I right, Mom? It doesn't say CPO yet though. Maybe I will receive an approval letter and then the card will be sent. Am I right?

Hello,
I received a message today "Your case is now updated". I checked it; it says "On January 19, 2016, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********** We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice." I guess my wait is over too, am I right, Mom? It doesn't say CPO yet though. Maybe I will receive an approval letter and then the card will be sent. Am I right?
Congratulations. I am still waiting!

Hello,

I think I really mess up everything and I need your help.
I live in US under H1B status. In August I submitted my ds260 for Consulate process in my home country. My number is EU206XX and I'm afraid that if I go to to Europe , I will have to stay more than two weeks... which is problem for my work..
So is it too late to change my direction for AOS? I live in Chicago and I know that things here move slow.
Any help is welcome!

Thank you

Hello,

I think I really mess up everything and I need your help.
I live in US under H1B status. In August I submitted my ds260 for Consulate process in my home country. My number is EU206XX and I'm afraid that if I go to to Europe , I will have to stay more than two weeks... which is problem for my work..
So is it too late to change my direction for AOS? I live in Chicago and I know that things here move slow.
Any help is welcome!

Thank you
You number has become current effective March 2016 and you will be receiving the announcement in terms of your US Consulate interview date very shortly, in fact this process is in the works right now, if you have not received it already. If it would be my choice, I would not interfere in this process at this stage - clearly not.