• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Something isn't making sense to me regarding your stay, you're fluctuating back and forth between 2015 and 2014. There's no way you could have entered the U.S. in May 2015, have a duration of stay granted till July 2014,

Okay, I'm assuming there's an error with the entry date you've listed above, May 17th, 2015. Did you mean 2014? My harping on and on your listing accurate dates is because we need to be certain you never went out of status at any point in time otherwise, you're not eligible to adjust status. Assuming May 17 2015 is a typo, then all is good for now.

So back to the previous questions you asked:

Thank you! I will be posting in 2016!!!

I am sorry for the date mix up.
You are correct! I entered US on May 17, 2014! So, from what you said, I understood this makes me eligible to apply for AOS.
I sent out $330 administrative fee already.
My question is do I wait until November 1st, 2015 to submit the AOS package (since my number is current for November EU105xx)?
Or may I go ahead and submit as soon as I get the 2NL (which I am hoping will come within next 2 weeks) and receipt for the administrative fee?

Thank you for your expertise and God bless you for your willingness to help :)

Thank you! I will be posting in 2016!!!

I am sorry for the date mix up.
You are correct! I entered US on May 17, 2014! So, from what you said, I understood this makes me eligible to apply for AOS.
I sent out $330 administrative fee already.
My question is do I wait until November 1st, 2015 to submit the AOS package (since my number is current for November EU105xx)?
Or may I go ahead and submit as soon as I get the 2NL (which I am hoping will come within next 2 weeks) and receipt for the administrative fee?

Thank you for your expertise and God bless you for your willingness to help :)

Please go over the AOS spreadsheet, link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Ok. I did. I was still confused on when to file the AOS package exactly. Thanks.

Well then, sorry I can't help you. That's a decision you have to make on your own! Or maybe someone else here can.

I do know we've tried as much as possible to provide everyone with the information we consider pertinent to assist with going ahead, and to help them decide on their own precisely when to file. I honestly can't provide the spoon-feeding assistance people sometimes ask for. The AOS spreadsheet is simple and straight forward enough for anyone to follow IMHO!

Ok. I did. I was still confused on when to file the AOS package exactly. Thanks.
I would send it on November 1st. As I understand, it's fine as long as it gets there on November 1st or after, but not before.
You can send it earlier attaching the early filing memo in the spreadsheet, but Mom recommended not to do it. You don't have to have the 2NL to submit the AOS package.
I am current in October, and I plan on sending in my package on October 1st.

Well then, sorry I can't help you. That's a decision you have to make on your own! Or maybe someone else here can.

I do know we've tried as much as possible to provide everyone with the information we consider pertinent to assist with going ahead, and to help them decide on their own precisely when to file. I honestly can't provide the spoon-feeding assistance people sometimes ask for. The AOS spreadsheet is simple and straight forward enough for anyone to follow IMHO!
I understand, thank you.

I would send it on November 1st. As I understand, it's fine as long as it gets there on November 1st or after, but not before.
You can send it earlier attaching the early filing memo in the spreadsheet, but Mom recommended not to do it. You don't have to have the 2NL to submit the AOS package.

Thank you very much for sharing the way you will be handling it! That's exactly what I was not sure about, about waiting or not for the 2NL, since it seems to be taking longer for AOSers.

I'm glad you're able to assist her. However, I hope you're aware she's also planning on doing FTJ since her spouse and daughter are in Russia, and they obviously can't proceed unless she's approved, which means more time is required for the family to complete the process. Main reason for my wanting her to decide on her own if she wanted to take advantage of the early filing memo which could possibly buy her and her family more time or if she wants to proceed at the normal pace for as long as it takes.

Thank you very much for sharing the way you will be handling it! That's exactly what I was not sure about, about waiting or not for the 2NL, since it seems to be taking longer for AOSers.

I responded to someone else about the 2NL issue yesterday, and you actually 'liked' the post only for you to now say your confusion is regarding waiting for the 2NL? o_Oo_O

Have anyone got their 2NL yet? My AOS package is ready. Not sure to wait for 2NL or send without it. Confused !

Read the post below:

Okay, so regarding the 2NL, looks like KCC might be doing things differently this time around. I've never known 2NLs for AOSers to take this long! Seriously!!

Anyway, just to let you guys know, it's okay to send the AOS package without the 2NL, just in case some of you were planning on doing early filing and are simply awaiting the arrival of this notorious 2NL o_O. If it eventually shows up, simply have it handy for when you attend your intend and present it if the IO asks for it. No need to present it if it's not requested then, you're not losing anything or harming your case by not presenting it unprompted.

I'm glad you're able to assist her. However, I hope you're aware she's also planning on doing FTJ since her spouse and daughter are in Russia, and they obviously can't proceed unless she's approved, which means more time is required for the family to complete the process. Main reason for my wanting her to decide on her own if she wanted to take advantage of the early filing memo which could possibly buy her and her family more time or if she wants to proceed at the normal pace for as long as it takes.
Thank you mom! I understand how questions I am asking may seem frustratingly silly to you. However, as this is an extremely important process ( I know you understand this) I just want to triple check on everything I do, so I can do it as correctly as possible. Thank you for mentioning my husband and daughter as obviously they are important to me as well and I want to make sure they get their chance to follow me to US. I read up on the early filing memo and I noticed that it may be risky. So, this is the reason I asked this question again as pertaining to my particular situation.

I understand, thank you.

Like I said before, I'm willing to assist you by providing suggestions/guidance. I'm just not going to tell people do exactly this or that when faced with two options. Each person will have to make the final decision on their own.

Like I said before, I'm willing to assist you by providing suggestions/guidance. I'm just not going to tell people do exactly this or that when faced with two options. Each person will have to make the final decision on their own.
I am grateful for ALL your advice and patience.

Hi Mom,

I need your advice:

The check for i485 fee, do I need to write two separate checks (one for my spouse and one for me)? Or I can put both application fees into 1 personal check?

I asked this before but haven't got any response. Thank you for your help.

Are the forms i-131 and i-765 free to be added in AOS package? Or there should be additional fee paid?

Hi Mom,

I need your advice:

The check for i485 fee, do I need to write two separate checks (one for my spouse and one for me)? Or I can put both application fees into 1 personal check?

I asked this before but haven't got any response. Thank you for your help.

I'm so sorry your initial post got overlooked.

One check is fine, but I would suggest using 2 separate checks. The advantage of using separate checks is in case one of the packages is rejected (for whatever reason). As long as the rejected package isn't that of the PA, USCIS will continue processing the accepted on and when the rejected one gets resubmitted, it will simply get forwarded to meet the accepted one. With a single check, all the petitions will be returned if there's an issue with any one.

Hi, It looks like we're thinking of applying for the GC after all (Number OC8xx - in the 800's). When we entered the dv lottery draw we were living in the UK, and entered with a UK address, since entering last year we've moved to the USA on E2 visas and of course have a US address (and we've ended up loving it here and decided to pursue our DV win and stay). My question is, when we file the DS-260, will there be an option to select AOS, or is the online form locked to Consular as when we entered the DV we had an overseas address?