• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello everyone!

I won the lottery, with CN EU0024XXX, if I choose AOS, will USCIS have plenty of time to process my application before Sept. 30, 2016?.
I guess it'll become current by March/April 2016.

Yes the FO will have enough time to finish process a March/April current CN before the end of the applicable FY. As a matter of fact numerous September current CNs have successfully completed processing AOS in the past.

I'm asking this because my field office processing time for I-485 now is as of March 31, June 25 2014 (Kendall, FL)

The USCIS online posted processing time is not applicable to DV AOS cases. You can check the timelines links posted on the AOS spreadsheet to get a better idea of how DV based AOS cases have processed in the past and for the current 2015 FY.

Thanks mom!
This is so exciting!
I've just seen those spreadsheets and I wonder how can I get my case posted there in the future? Should I send you a private message?

Thanks mom!
This is so exciting!
I've just seen those spreadsheets and I wonder how can I get my case posted there in the future? Should I send you a private message?

No need to send me a PM regarding that. Each person updates the spreadsheet on their own as their case progresses. I'm already putting together a new spreadsheet for you 2016 selectees, I will be adding the link to that spreadsheet shortly :). Once the link is up there, you all just go in and add your cases/timelines.

Mom
Goodmorning! My wife just told me that she made a mistak on DS-260 about his fathers birth she wrote 31 instead of 37. How can se rectify that? Do you think she can e-mail and tell them about the error or she can highlite the error on interview day. She is so worried about it. I need your counsel on this one. Please.

Mom
Goodmorning! My wife just told me that she made a mistak on DS-260 about his fathers birth she wrote 31 instead of 37. How can se rectify that? Do you think she can e-mail and tell them about the error or she can highlite the error on interview day. She is so worried about it. I need your counsel on this one. Please.

It's really not a big, this shouldn't be giving you guys sleepless nights :). Email KCC and request for them to unlock the form, they will let you know when the form is unlocked and you can go ahead and make whatever changes you need to make on it.

Mom,
1. Do we need to wait for the 2nd NL and pay the DV fee or we can go ahead and send the money order after submitting the DS-260 form?
2. Should I write all the info such as CN, name, address and ... on the money order or on the envelop?

Mom,
1. Do we need to wait for the 2nd NL and pay the DV fee or we can go ahead and send the money order after submitting the DS-260 form?
2. Should I write all the info such as CN, name, address and ... on the money order or on the envelop?

1. You're not required to wait for the 2NL before making the DV fee payment, it's a matter of whenever you feel it's convenient to do so. Having said that though, I do caution those with higher CNs to not rush into making the payment, unless you're certain your number will certainly become current - the fee is none refundable.

2. Instructions on how to make the payment, and what to write where are on the payment form itself. The link to the payment form is on the AOS spreadsheet under the 'AOS Process' tab.

Mom - I just want to say how awesome it is that you are helping so many strangers out! Your spreadsheet is amazing. Thank you :)

Awww, so sweet of your to say that. Everything we do here is actually a group effort, so thank you for acknowledging what we do :) and all the best!

Awww, so sweet of your to say that. Everything we do here is actually a group effort, so thank you for acknowledging what we do :) and all the best!
But this is a great work, we get so much info from the forum, one more question about the education history, DS-260 asks to the day when I started and finished in one university to other same with employment history, (I was a teaching assistant and then Research assistant so there are lots of days) do they need to be accurate to the day or just estimate day is enough? (These records are around 3 years old). Then on education history I did a university transfer in USA and I used the start date of my new school I20 as the start date of the new school and day prior to that as the last day as the previous school, will that be OK?

But this is a great work, we get so much info from the forum, one more question about the education history, DS-260 asks to the day when I started and finished in one university to other same with employment history, (I was a teaching assistant and then Research assistant so there are lots of days) do they need to be accurate to the day or just estimate day is enough? (These records are around 3 years old). Then on education history I did a university transfer in USA and I used the start date of my new school I20 as the start date of the new school and day prior to that as the last day as the previous school, will that be OK?

An estimate is fine for the educational history, and yes listing the dates as stated is also okay.

An estimate is fine for the educational history, and yes listing the dates as stated is also okay.
Thans Mom what about the work history? would the estimate is fine (I have had teaching and research assistantships in 2 universities (Legal jobs for F1 visa holder)). My other question is for my current job they asked does it need a 2 years experience, I answered that as yes thinking my Ph.D. work counts as experience, is that OK?

Thans Mom what about the work history? would the estimate is fine (I have had teaching and research assistantships in 2 universities (Legal jobs for F1 visa holder)). My other question is for my current job they asked does it need a 2 years experience, I answered that as yes thinking my Ph.D. work counts as experience, is that OK?
Hi kchemist, I also work in MIT, may be you want to meet, we can help each other. I am also a DV selectee

Can I apply for DS 160 for my parents. I am currently a non immigrant. Will USCIS have some kind of doubts knowing that I have filled my DS260?

Honestly speaking, it really doesn't matter in your case whether you answer 'yes' or 'no'. That question is really an opportunity to further determine if a person who doesn't mean the high school diploma educational requirement will qualify through work experience. Like I posted before, the DS-260 form isn't a well put together form for DV selectees in general and for those processing AOS in particular. So don't overthink the response you put down, the IO isn't even likely to pay much attention to the form at the time of your interview.

Honestly speaking, it really doesn't matter in your case whether you answer 'yes' or 'no'. That question is really an opportunity to further determine if a person who doesn't mean the high school diploma educational requirement will qualify through work experience. Like I posted before, the DS-260 form isn't a well put together form for DV selectees in general and for those processing AOS in particular. So don't overthink the response you put down, the IO isn't even likely to pay much attention to the form at the time of your interview.
Thank you very much mom

Can I apply for DS 160 for my parents. I am currently a non immigrant. Will USCIS have some kind of doubts knowing that I have filled my DS260?

Technically speaking, you cannot apply for a B1/B2 visa for your parents, which I guess is what you mean by applying for DS-160 for them. The B1/B2 visa is a self sponsored visa, which means your parents are applying on their own recognition regardless of the fact that you're most likely going to fill out and submit the form on their behalf.