• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi Mom
Our biometrics is scheduled tomorrow at 9:00 AM. But today I got a text that case has been updated. I checked the case status and it told that the interview is scheduled on November 5th. Little surprised since we haven't even attended the biometrics.

Thank you, Mom!

Yes, will go with AOS.

BTW - your spreadsheet is really helpful!

In that case, I suggest you send KCC an email explaining the fact that your kid is a USC, hence will not be a derivative. They've been known to hold on to files when requested by the FO when they feel the full DV fee hasn't been paid

Please advise what to do with $300 fee. I'm waiting for receipt and it's last thing for my AOS package. They got my payment on Thu morning (1 Oct) according to mail tracking. But they didn't mailed the receipt back yet (I have tracking number of self-adressed envelop and it's not in the system so far). Is there a number I can call them? Or I just should relax and wait longer. I'm in panic :)

Hi Mom
Our biometrics is scheduled tomorrow at 9:00 AM. But today I got a text that case has been updated. I checked the case status and it told that the interview is scheduled on November 5th. Little surprised since we haven't even attended the biometrics.

Not unusual for the interview to be scheduled prior to the bio being done. Biometrics is scheduled for everyone by the NBC while each applicable FO schedules individual interview dates. Best of luck with the interview.

Please advise what to do with $300 fee. I'm waiting for receipt and it's last thing for my AOS package. They got my payment on Thu morning (1 Oct) according to mail tracking. But they didn't mailed the receipt back yet (I have tracking number of self-adressed envelop and it's not in the system so far). Is there a number I can call them? Or I just should relax and wait longer. I'm in panic :)

For real? Your payment was delivered on Thursday Oct 1st, today is Monday Oct 5th and you're already complaining about not receiving the payment receipt? Yes we know the process can be slow, but you really ought to exercise some patience on your part. For real!

BTW I think it is $330 for each person not $300!

Hi guys, a question regarding alien number (A#). Just to let you know my story, I won DV lottery after filing NIW and then got approval on my I-140 petition for NIW. I have both options for green card application now and I am going to go with DV lottery. My only and last A# is the number written on I-140 approval which is for NIW petition. Should I use that A# even if I am going to apply with DV lottery? Or should I leave A# blank?
Thanks.

Hi guys, a question regarding alien number (A#). Just to let you know my story, I won DV lottery after filing NIW and then got approval on my I-140 petition for NIW. I have both options for green card application now and I am going to go with DV lottery. My only and last A# is the number written on I-140 approval which is for NIW petition. Should I use that A# even if I am going to apply with DV lottery? Or should I leave A# blank?
Thanks.

Yes, use the Alien # regardless.

Hey Mom,

I have a question ; can i have a friend who is fluent in my native language and english and has a doctorate degree from usa translate my birth certificate from my native language as long as he swears to the accuracy and has it notarized. ?

Thanks Mom,

I have one more question. My sponsor is a retired physician and has given me his net worth. Do I still need to show his W-2 or 1099?

Thanks.

Hey Mom,

I have a question ; can i have a friend who is fluent in my native language and english and has a doctorate degree from usa translate my birth certificate from my native language as long as he swears to the accuracy and has it notarized. ?

Yes your friend can do the translation. He doesn't need to have the document notarized. He just needs to sign a certified statement arresting to his fluency in both English and the language in which the BC is originally issued/written.

Thanks Mom,

I have one more question. My sponsor is a retired physician and has given me his net worth. Do I still need to show his W-2 or 1099?

Thanks.

Yes, the document is required in support of whatever is declared on the I-134.

Hi mom, I just got text message and email which is I-797 notice. But I got 4 receipt number is this normal? Plus my husband is the one who is principal applicant. He didn't get anything. Why did I get it instead of him? And why did I get 4 notices? I checked my status in online but website doesn't show my case number yet... Thanks!!

Hi mom, I just got text message and email which is I-797 notice. But I got 4 receipt number is this normal? Plus my husband is the one who is principal applicant. He didn't get anything. Why did I get it instead of him? And why did I get 4 notices? I checked my status in online but website doesn't show my case number yet... Thanks!!

Nothing to worry about regarding who received the text/email messages, it doesn't matter as long as one of you received them. Technically speaking, they should have gone to the PA, however, USCIS has been known to sometimes send them to a derivative.

Obviously, two of those receipt numbers belong to your husband. One each for both of your I-485, the other two should be for either your I-131 or I-765, whichever of those forms you guys included with your package.

Nothing to worry about regarding who received the text/email messages, it doesn't matter as long as one of you received them. Technically speaking, they should have gone to the PA, however, USCIS has been known to sometimes send them to a derivative.

Obviously, two of those receipt numbers belong to your husband. One each for both of your I-485, the other two should be for either your I-131 or I-765, whichever of those forms you guys included with your package.

Thank you so much for quick reply mom! You are always nice. But we applied both I-131 and I-765 but I received only 4... Wait. Just NOW! When I typing this post... I got other 2 notices! relieved. Thank you mom! Now we have 6 receiept number :)

Hello,

I have a question - my wife won the lottery. Me and our two sons was in her application.
However, the youngest was born here and he basically doesn't need a GC.
We filed DS-260 appl for three of us except this kid (I technically couldn't file it, because there is no "US" in the "nationality" field) but the link for his application is shown in the interface and it has status "incomplete".
We did this 3 month ago and never received 2ND letter.
We concerned, if our applications will be processed with "incomplete" status of one of the "accompany".
Any advice?
*sorry if this question have been answered already, I couldn't find it.
Thank you!

I had a similar situation for 2015 DV. My youngest was born in US and his DS-260 application showed as 'incomplete' throughout the entire process. I never got the '2nd letter' via e-mail and believe me that I checked my spam/junk folder as well :) I did write to KCC at that time, but they just told me to refer my inquires to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). I filed for AOS without the 2nd letter and successfully finished the AOS.

This forum, the AOS related threads and of course the moderators' guidance are a gold mine for those going through the AOS process. The knowledge you get here is superior to any knowledge out there about AOS through DV lottery.
Just read carefully and follow all instructions and you'll get the final prize, the permanent residency :)

We are 2 applicants, me and my spouse. Do we have to expect two 2NL? We completed form D-260 last May, resend it last July, and we are still expecting the e-mail. Any updates about receiving 2NL?