• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hmmmm I wonder if they waited until the beginning of the year for technical reasons or simply manpower reasons....
I don't think it applies to AOSers. I am in AOS and already scheduled the biometrics coming Tuesday. I don't have any glimpse of 2NL yet in my inbox.

I don't think it applies to AOSers. I am in AOS and already scheduled the biometrics coming Tuesday. I don't have any glimpse of 2NL yet in my inbox.

The beginning of the FY most definitely apply to AOSers also. Having the AOS package accepted or being scheduled for the bio before the start of the applicable FY doesn't mean it's not applicable to AOSers. They do realize the AOS process is longer compared to CP, there are initial steps that must take place, hence their accommodating the early submission prior to the start of the FY (which by the way doesn't mean an FO cannot still not deny for early filing). The interview as a matter of fact cannot take place before the start of the FY.

Hello Brits,

My case number is quite high AF45K, and I just received the 2NL; can you tell me the content of the 2NL because in the letter they attached the copy on how to pay the dv fee.
Thank You

Hi,

I just mention that on the screenshots of AOS packages there are 2D barcodes on the forms. But my forms doesn't have those.
Which program can generate me those barcodes? Or it's not necessary to generate them?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just mention that on the screenshots of AOS packages there are 2D barcodes on the forms. But my forms doesn't have those.
Which program can generate me those barcodes? Or it's not necessary to generate them?

Thanks.

Don't worry about the barcodes....

Hello Mom, Simon and everyone else. This forum have helped me a lot and i want to thank you guys for that. I have a situation here, my CN number is EU13xxx and i am assuming that i will be current this December. And also i am an F1 student taking my last semester which will end at the end of this November. What would u suggest to do? Should i file early with the memo or do i wait till December?
I submitted my DS-260 back in May and also recently paid the DV fee (330$).
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello Mom, Simon and everyone else. This forum have helped me a lot and i want to thank you guys for that. I have a situation here, my CN number is EU13xxx and i am assuming that i will be current this December. And also i am an F1 student taking my last semester which will end at the end of this November. What would u suggest to do? Should i file early with the memo or do i wait till December?
I submitted my DS-260 back in May and also recently paid the DV fee (330$).
Thank you very much in advance.

Yes, you may file early if the VB shows your CN as being current. However you are taking a big risk if you're simply banking on maintaining your status by having your petition accepted prior to the end of your last semester. Have you considered applying for OPT? You really want to ensure you still have an actual status at the time of your interview which will become your fall back status in case your AOS petition gets denied.

Yes, you may file early if the VB shows your CN as being current. However you are taking a big risk if you're simply banking on maintaining your status by having your petition accepted prior to the end of your last semester. Have you considered applying for OPT? You really want to ensure you still have an actual status at the time of your interview which will become your fall back status in case your AOS petition gets denied.
Thank you very much for a quick reply, yes i was thinking about OPT prior to this but was just wondering if i could maybe file early so that way i don't have to worry about OPT. I don't see why the case would get denied tho. Is there many AoS cases that got denied in the past, and if so what are the main reasons for the denials?

I have just received my 2NL from KCC by email. The email subject is 2016AS00002xxx Diversity Visa Adjustment letter. I submitted my DS260 in mid August.

hi,

Is it ok to put in AOS package the copy of TuboTax tax returns instead of tax transcript from IRS?
Thanks.

Thank you very much for a quick reply, yes i was thinking about OPT prior to this but was just wondering if i could maybe file early so that way i don't have to worry about OPT. I don't see why the case would get denied tho. Is there many AoS cases that got denied in the past, and if so what are the main reasons for the denials?

I hope your plan of going down the route of 'penny wise pound foolish' doesn't come back to haunt you. There are countless reasons that can lead to a denial, you can go through past AOS Threads to find them - but I can tell you one of such upfront, early filing has been known to lead to a package rejection or denial, albeit erroneously in such cases.

The rule of thumb AFAIK is for one to always ensure they are maintaining and are in valid status as at the time of interview, no just the time of filing. Good luck with your plan though.

I hope your plan of going down the route of 'penny wise pound foolish' doesn't come back to haunt you. There are countless reasons that can lead to a denial, you can go through past AOS Threads to find them - but I can tell you one of such upfront, early filing has been known to lead to a package rejection or denial, albeit erroneously in such cases.

The rule of thumb AFAIK is for one to always ensure they are maintaining and are in valid status as at the time of interview, no just the time of filing. Good luck with your plan though.

If he applies early and gets erroneously rejected - would such a denial still potentially put him out of status and therefore no longer eligible to file for AOS?

If he applies early and gets erroneously rejected - would such a denial still potentially put him out of status and therefore no longer eligible to file for AOS?

To the best of my knowledge, he will be considered out of status while he's fighting to fix it. The worst part is if the package actually gets rejected (not denied - rejected will be before it makes its way to the FO), the Chicago Lockbox could end up holding on to it for a while and if he's out of status by the time they finally send it back, he will no longer be eligible to re-file AOS.

To the best of my knowledge, he will be considered out of status while he's fighting to fix it. The worst part is if the package actually gets rejected (not denied - rejected will be before it makes its way to the FO), the Chicago Lockbox could end up holding on to it for a while and if he's out of status by the time they finally send it back, he will no longer be eligible to re-file AOS.
Yeah thats what i thought too. Thank you very much Mom. I will go ahead and apply for OPT then, so that way to make sure everything is good because it would take months before i get an actual interview anyways and filing early wouldnt be any good. Now the question is that do i change the forms and include something in my AoS package indicating that i will be applying for OPT or that i have OPT?