• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Has anyone in this forum successfully changed from AOS to CP and got their permanent residency ? Please do reply if anyone has or know anyone who has done so.

Please don't replicate the same set of questions on different Threads, the AOS Thread is for AOS cases only.

Hi mom and all the others!
I just wanted to share a little thing that happened during my interview. When I asked the officer at the end of the interview if my fbi check was cleared. The officer, that was impatient to go somewhere else, just answered me by "trust me if it didn't clear you wouldn't be here today!". I laughed at it while exiting the room. Now I still don't know if it cleared or not ahahaha

Hi mom and all the others!
I just wanted to share a little thing that happened during my interview. When I asked the officer at the end of the interview if my fbi check was cleared. The officer, that was impatient to go somewhere else, just answered me by "trust me if it didn't clear you wouldn't be here today!". I laughed at it while exiting the room. Now I still don't know if it cleared or not ahahaha

We have known interviews to take place without the checks being completed. However, the norm is that they clear first.

Yeah I mean the type of answer I got is not really indicative of neither answers. Whatever! I just requested access to the timeline spreadsheet, what do I do now to add my line?

Yeah I mean the type of answer I got is not really indicative of neither answers. Whatever! I just requested access to the timeline spreadsheet, what do I do now to add my line?

The response you got IS indicative of the fact that your background check cleared IMO.

Editing access has been granted to the Timelines spreadsheet, so you can add your details now.

The response you got IS indicative of the fact that your background check cleared IMO.

Editing access has been granted to the Timelines spreadsheet, so you can add your details now.
Either way the response the officer gave me was a little creepy xD What would they do to me if I didn't pass is just spooky! Thank you for letting me add my details in the timeline I just added my line, but I don't know how to order it with the others.

Either way the response the officer gave me was a little creepy xD What would they do to me if I didn't pass is just spooky! Thank you for letting me add my details in the timeline I just added my line, but I don't know how to order it with the others.

I agree that the response is clearly that you passed the check, I don't get what is 'spooky' or 'creepy'. If you didn't pass presumably you don't get a green card.

The way the officer said "you wouldn't be here today" is the creepy part lol I don't want to imagine what the FBI would do to me.

The way the officer said "you wouldn't be here today" is the creepy part lol I don't want to imagine what the FBI would do to me.

With respect, I think you misinterpreted what many of us would consider a normal colloquial English phrasing. He simply meant IMO that the interview would not have been scheduled if the FBI check had not cleared. Therefore you would not be "here" - ie in the office having the interview - today.

With respect, I think you misinterpreted what many of us would consider a normal colloquial English phrasing. He simply meant IMO that the interview would not have been scheduled if the FBI check had not cleared. Therefore you would not be "here" - ie in the office having the interview - today.
Oh well put that way it does make sense hahah I think I watched too many movies :) Anyways I will keep you updated on my CPO, once I get the card I will come here to write a full detailed experience of my dv lottery. Again thank you to the organizers of this forum you guys are just overwhelmingly helpful to a lot of people. If I get a job I will surely donate to keep up the forums!

Oh well put that way it does make sense hahah I think I watched too many movies :) Anyways I will keep you updated on my CPO, once I get the card I will come here to write a full detailed experience of my dv lottery. Again thank you to the organizers of this forum you guys are just overwhelmingly helpful to a lot of people. If I get a job I will surely donate to keep up the forums!
One more thing. Usually new system of USCIS online tracking does not give you the tracking number. It provides the tracking details after it delivered. But if you sign up for my USPS you can get the tracking details and you can track the card.

One more thing. Usually new system of USCIS online tracking does not give you the tracking number. It provides the tracking details after it delivered. But if you sign up for my USPS you can get the tracking details and you can track the card.
Hey thank you for the tip! I just signed up on my USPS!
I have a question to britsimon, mom and susie: Is it possible that uscis still denies the green card after the uscis status shows CPO? Have you ever seen people have this happen to them? I am sorry that I ask too many questions but as you may know this green card lottery thing concerns the future life of people and it certainly make us stressed about any little detail!

Hey thank you for the tip! I just signed up on my USPS!
I have a question to britsimon, mom and susie: Is it possible that uscis still denies the green card after the uscis status shows CPO? Have you ever seen people have this happen to them? I am sorry that I ask too many questions but as you may know this green card lottery thing concerns the future life of people and it certainly make us stressed about any little detail!

Stop stressing!! R.E.L.A.X!

Has anyone received their travel documents before their interview? Just curious.
Mine is stuck at Case was received

Please don't replicate the same set of questions on different Threads, the AOS Thread is for AOS cases only.

I apologize about that. I saw replies from you on the other thread and reply from Britsimon on this thread. That is the only reason I voiced my concern. Thank you very much for your replies. I do greatly appreciate them.

Has anyone received their travel documents before their interview? Just curious.
Mine is stuck at Case was received

If you take a look at the Timelines spreadsheet, you should be able to see when those who filed for AP received that card compared to when they got their GC.