• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi sm1smom, does the interview letter come as a registered mail ? or regular? I mean do I need to be present in house at the time of mail delivery for signature?

I do not know why I have not received interview letter yet. The other two winners of Boston, FO processed their case pretty quickly. Please suggest me something.

You don't need to be at home to receive the IL in person, no signature required upon delivery.

I already gave you a suggestion on what you could possibly do:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/page-164#post-2436999

Did you do a congressional inquiry yet? Have you gone on another INFOPASS since your last one?

Hi sm1smom,

Quick question for u, we received our NOA a month ago and did our bio 10 days ago, but we are still unable to track our application online using the uscis case status, is it normal to have that or do you think there is an issue and we should give uscis a call regarding that. Thanks a lot for your help

Hi sm1smom,

Quick question for u, we received our NOA a month ago and did our bio 10 days ago, but we are still unable to track our application online using the uscis case status, is it normal to have that or do you think there is an issue and we should give uscis a call regarding that. Thanks a lot for your help

No it's not an indication there's an issue with your case. A couple of other petitioners have reported similar issues in the past. Of course you can always call USCIS

@Sm1smom Hi!! I have been trying to schedule an INFOPASS about my case but havent been able to do so because it says currently there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow. I had my interview on may 17th of this year in New York(AOS) and it has been two months since then no response. I am stressing out because the fiscal year ends september 30th and I am afraid I won't get my GC by then. Please tell me what are other possibilities I can get information on my case.
Thank you.!

@Sm1smom Hi!! I have been trying to schedule an INFOPASS about my case but havent been able to do so because it says currently there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow. I had my interview on may 17th of this year in New York(AOS) and it has been two months since then no response. I am stressing out because the fiscal year ends september 30th and I am afraid I won't get my GC by then. Please tell me what are other possibilities I can get information on my case.
Thank you.!

Please read the following for guidance on scheduling an INFOPASS with a busy FO:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/page-158#post-2435455

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/page-158#post-2435456

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/page-159#post-2435590

Hi,
We had a very good interview on May 26th in Newark and since then - no response. The online status has stuck on "Fingerprints fee was received...".
Two weeks ago I filed an online query on the USCIS website, but it also seems unresponsive. Should we schedule an INFOPASS? Who should attend it, the whole family or just the primary applicant?
Is there a chance we can not get the GC due to these delays?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,
We had a very good interview on May 26th in Newark and since then - no response. The online status has stuck on "Fingerprints fee was received...".
Two weeks ago I filed an online query on the USCIS website, but it also seems unresponsive. Should we schedule an INFOPASS? Who should attend it, the whole family or just the primary applicant?
Is there a chance we can not get the GC due to these delays?
Thanks a lot!

Schedule an INFOPASS appointment. The whole family doesn't have to go. Just the PA will be fine. You can also use a congressional inquiry to follow up.

Hi All,

@Sm1smom i am preparing for my interview that is coming up this friday and wanted to see if you could help me out with a couple of things. I am the one that made the mistake on the I-485 that i chose on part 2 of the form letter "a" instead of picking "h" Other, and then writing DV winner.

1. At what point on the interview should i bring this up to the FO if they dont bring it up? I am planning to bring an updated I-485 with this fixed to submit to the FO if necessary.

2. If the interview goes well but at the end the FO doesn't say it is approved or anything, should I ask about the background check and KCC file? From this forum I can see those are one of the major things that could delay the process. Would I be rude to the FO asking this?

3. Should I call KCC a couple days before the interview to see if the file has been requested by the FO and if they have sent it? Or just let the process work?

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it.

Schedule an INFOPASS appointment. The whole family doesn't have to go. Just the PA will be fine. You can also use a congressional inquiry to follow up.

Thanks for the answer. I will keep trying every day to schedule an appointment, and at the same time will write to a congressman. I have 2 follow up questions:
1) Is there a chance we can not get the GC due to these delays? Or since we have already did the interview, the delays won't affect our eligibility and the GC will be eventually issued? (of course, assuming the interview was successful, as I'm absolutely sure)
2) Is there any specific advice of how to apply to a congressman (e.g., what exactly to ask for)?
3) In case the primary applicant can't attend a specific INFOPASS appointment day, can just a spouse attend the appointment?

Dear Mom,
Dear All,

Today my status changed as :"Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action."

Would you please let me know what does it mean?

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. I will keep trying every day to schedule an appointment, and at the same time will write to a congressman. I have 2 follow up questions:
1) Is there a chance we can not get the GC due to these delays? Or since we have already did the interview, the delays won't affect our eligibility and the GC will be eventually issued? (of course, assuming the interview was successful, as I'm absolutely sure)
2) Is there any specific advice of how to apply to a congressman (e.g., what exactly to ask for)?
3) In case the primary applicant can't attend a specific INFOPASS appointment day, can just a spouse attend the appointment?

1. Assuming the delay is not due to a pending background check, you should hopefully be issued with your GC. And if it's due to a pending background check on the part of the PA, and the background check eventually clears before the end of September, you should still be fine. But if it's due to pending background which does not clear by the end of September, I'm afraid you will not be getting the GC.

2. You want to make sure the congress person you're contacting is pro immigration- you should be able to tell by what's written on their website. You simply request for them to assist by following up with USCIS to find out the status of your petition since your interview.

3. The beneficiary can attend the INFOPASS without having the PA, but they may not be willing to tell you anything about the PA's petition - like maybe the background check is pending - if the PA is not in attendance.

Dear Mom,
Dear All,

Today my status changed as :"Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action."

Would you please let me know what does it mean?

Thanks

Could possibly mean the pending background check has been resolved, and they're doing a final review of your documents/petition.

1. Assuming the delay is not due to a pending background check, you should hopefully be issued with your GC. And if it's due to a pending background check on the part of the PA, and the background check eventually clears before the end of September, you should still be fine. But if it's due to pending background which does not clear by the end of September, I'm afraid you will not be getting the GC.

2. You want to make sure the congress person you're contacting is pro immigration- you should be able to tell by what's written on their website. You simply request for them to assist by following up with USCIS to find out the status of your petition since your interview.

3. The beneficiary can attend the INFOPASS without having the PA, but they may not be willing to tell you anything about the PA's petition - like maybe the background check is pending - if the PA is not in attendance.

The interviewer told us that she will try to run the background check already on the same day of the interview. Is it possible that they have so large backlog for background check? Or the case was just put aside and been forgotten somewhere?

The interviewer told us that she will try to run the background check already on the same day of the interview. Is it possible that they have so large backlog for background check? Or the case was just put aside and been forgotten somewhere?

The background check is not something the IO runs at the end of an interview, it is initiated following the biometric appointment - the background check for some may take a while longer than for others. If the initial background check returns what's known as a "hit" then additional checks will be required before the applicable case gets approved or denied depending on the eventual outcome of the background check. One with a potential security risk will obviously be denied.

Hello Mom,

I read in one of the forum that you can contact FBI customer services to see if your Name check has been done or not. It is mentioned that the representative will ask you your A# and he/she will tell you the finger print status.
Have you ever header about that?

Regards

Yes I've heard of it. And the post you read must be old. The FBI no longer provides status updates regarding pending background checks.

Could possibly mean the pending background check has been resolved, and they're doing a final review of your documents/petition.
Thanks a lot Mom. One more question please: Do you think by getting GC, the "Class of Admission" would be changed in "I-94" form?

Thanks

Thanks a lot Mom. One more question please: Do you think by getting GC, the "Class of Admission" would be changed in "I-94" form?

Thanks

I'm not sure precisely what your question is about. Are you asking about the I-94 you were admitted on? That information remains as is. And if you're asking about future admissions into the US, once you have a GC you'll enter and exit the US as a LPR.

I'm not sure precisely what your question is about. Are you asking about the I-94 you were admitted on? That information remains as is. And if you're asking about future admissions into the US, once you have a GC you'll enter and exit the US as a LPR.
Dear Mom,

Actually I am asking about the I-94 that I was admitted on. So at this moment it's status is F1. Would it be changed after getting the GC to "Permanent resident"? Or no, it remains unchanged?

Thanks

Dear Mom,

Actually I am asking about the I-94 that I was admitted on. So at this moment it's status is F1. Would it be changed after getting the GC to "Permanent resident"? Or no, it remains unchanged?

Thanks

That's the status you were admitted into the US - it's not going to change regardless of whether you get issued with a GC or move to any other status. It is an official record that must stay in the system as is, the original information on it cannot and will not be changed.