• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Dear friends ,
I have question , if my case transfered from KCC to embassy after administrative processing , is that mean the case will most likely pass to clear form AP after interview ? My 2NL exactly come after visa bulltin so may mean no needed for furtehr delay of processing .
Just overthinking of 30 days of AP , the waiting is so painful like 30 years .

Dear friends ,
I have question , if my case transfered from KCC to embassy after administrative processing , is that mean the case will most likely pass to clear form AP after interview ? My 2NL exactly come after visa bulltin so may mean no needed for furtehr delay of processing .
Just overthinking of 30 days of AP , the waiting is so painful like 30 years .

No, the initial background check performed by KCC does not guarantee a case will not go on AP after the interview or that the case will eventually be approved.

Anyone knows how many people accepted already? Is it possible they will not meet 50 k quota since they put everyone on AP for prolonged period of time?

We know exactly how many visas are issued at consulates. In previous years they have met the quotas despite AP cases. That is because your allocated visa slot is re-assigned to someone else once your case stays in AP beyond the original month of interview. Once AP clears for such a case, the embassy have to apply for a new visa allocation. That is part of the risk of AP in later months - but at this point (with 6 months to go) that should not be a concern for cases on AP now.

Anyone knows how many people accepted already? Is it possible they will not meet 50 k quota since they put everyone on AP for prolonged period of time?

In addition to what Simon said above, they do not put everyone on AP on a prolonged waiting period.

I am approaching 8 weeks that they said they reserve for AP. Without my inquiry (which normally would update "Status Update Date" because someone would look at it and it would automatically be updated) my Status Update Date changed to today's date even though I did not bug them for close to a month now. Anyhow I will take Brisimon'a advice and I will not get excited about it.
Yeah, this happens to me as well. Unfortunately, it is of little significance. @bblo, I have also tried calling the consulate. It does not help. Also, they flat ignore complicated emails (emails where I pose some questions to them because I can't call them in person). So unfortunately, we are both at their mercy. Don't read too much into spontaneous status updates.

Just for the fun of it I will ask today and mention that 8 weeks that they say they reserve for AP went by already and nothing happened. At this point I am pissed because I travel to US on monthly basis, I asked about the passports to be able to take my family for March break and I was completely ignored.

Just for the fun of it I will ask today and mention that 8 weeks that they say they reserve for AP went by already and nothing happened. At this point I am pissed because I travel to US on monthly basis, I asked about the passports to be able to take my family for March break and I was completely ignored.
Good luck @bblo. I know misery loves company, so you should know that my wife is travelling to Spain for 2.5 months starting on May 1st. They have had our passports since Dec 3rd, so now, we need them back to travel. Once AP is over, we will have to sent it to them again. US officials give the standard reply stating that if you need to travel, you should ask for your passports back and send them back again when requested. Lastly, do not come off in any way aggressive. The person answering your email firstly doesn't really care about your individual circumstances, but it could also reflect badly on you. Just keep it polite, state it's been over 8 weeks, and ask for an update.

Also, if you need to travel, you should ask for your passport back. @Sm1smom, correct me if I am wrong, but requesting your passport back does not in any way impede you being granted a green card (specially since we are so far from 30 Sep).

All the best, and update here if you get any news. Good luck once again.

Good luck @bblo. I know misery loves company, so you should know that my wife is travelling to Spain for 2.5 months starting on May 1st. They have had our passports since Dec 3rd, so now, we need them back to travel. Once AP is over, we will have to sent it to them again. US officials give the standard reply stating that if you need to travel, you should ask for your passports back and send them back again when requested. Lastly, do not come off in any way aggressive. The person answering your email firstly doesn't really care about your individual circumstances, but it could also reflect badly on you. Just keep it polite, state it's been over 8 weeks, and ask for an update.

Also, if you need to travel, you should ask for your passport back. @Sm1smom, correct me if I am wrong, but requesting your passport back does not in any way impede you being granted a green card (specially since we are so far from 30 Sep).

The o ly downside about getting your passport back is that it adds a delay once AP clears. But given we have 6 months left, that should nor be a concern at this point.

Yep! What Simon said ^^

@bazsouthafrica --- I finally was able to be heard and now they will return my passports back. I indicated that I was not happy for missing on my march break and being stuck not able to travel.

@bazsouthafrica --- I finally was able to be heard and now they will return my passports back. I indicated that I was not happy for missing on my march break and being stuck not able to travel.
Yes, surely they are truly sorrow-stricken now, knowing what problems they have caused and all... ;) Best of luck to you and yours!

Several updates and one status changed,today it s my 120 day still nothing new
Hopefully you are one day closer to a good news, keep faith on your destiny.
Just a question if you don't mind, can you think of any reason why you were being put under AP ? Something inconsistent in your DS-260 and what you said on your interview maybe ?

Hopefully you are one day closer to a good news, keep faith on your destiny.
Just a question if you don't mind, can you think of any reason why you were being put under AP ? Something inconsistent in your DS-260 and what you said on your interview maybe ?
Everything went well i don t know why i m ap for so long

Yes, surely they are truly sorrow-stricken now, knowing what problems they have caused and all... ;) Best of luck to you and yours!
@EURO2014 - I realize they are not sorrow-stricken, as a matter of fact they do not give a rats ......... It is just me being me - If I cannot hold it I say it - it took me several months asking for passports back and I certainly do not like that.

@EURO2014 - I realize they are not sorrow-stricken, as a matter of fact they do not give a rats ......... It is just me being me - If I cannot hold it I say it - it took me several months asking for passports back and I certainly do not like that.

@bblo Did they grant you the green card visa or just return your passport back?