• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

I was just askin you,cause i know you have a lot of knowledge about this things,more or less my question was who control changes in CEAC website does it have to be somebody from DOS or anybody in any embassy in the world who decide just look at the file and the change automatic flip it s turn like a date change or status change as far as go for dates i get it can be change if somebody from embassy look in a file i just thought that status change has to be done direct from DOS,don t be mad at me Simon it s just i realy hard for me goin thru all this and dates and status changes and so on and no real answer from nowhere i wish you a pleasent weekend and happy Ester Sunday

The updates could be from the embassy, or KCC or anyone else who has access to the file. It could be a human looking at your file, or it could be an automated process (a program). It might be significant, or it might be insignificant. There is no way to know until AFTER you see issued - and then you know why that previous status update was done - but you don't care about the update by then because your status is issued.

Happy Easter to you too.

My friend at least you are in Issue status be happy it s a matter of days when consulate will call be happy,i m went from ready to ap and stuck again
Be patient my friend I feel that your turn is near, I found cheaper tickets but I can not buy them before That's my problem.

I was just askin you,cause i know you have a lot of knowledge about this things,more or less my question was who control changes in CEAC website does it have to be somebody from DOS or anybody in any embassy in the world who decide just look at the file and the change automatic flip it s turn like a date change or status change as far as go for dates i get it can be change if somebody from embassy look in a file i just thought that status change has to be done direct from DOS,don t be mad at me Simon it s just i realy hard for me goin thru all this and dates and status changes and so on and no real answer from nowhere i wish you a pleasent weekend and happy Ester Sunday

This is precisely what I tried to warn you about earlier on about not trying to drive yourself crazy with update date changes in the CEAC - and you kept arguing 'it must mean something'.

Once anyone with access to your case file opens it, regardless of where they may be located worldwide, the system will register an update - this is one of the ways of keeping track of who looked at the case and ensuring the integrity of the information there in. As a matter of fact, the system will also have a more detailed information (which is not public knowledge) regarding who looked at the file, what changes if any, the person made on the file, how long the file was open for, etc. I know this because I work as an Information Analyst, of course not with immigration or the US government, and this is one of the tools we use to monitor information access.

This is precisely what I tried to warn you about earlier on about not trying to drive yourself crazy with update date changes in the CEAC - and you kept arguing 'it must mean something'.

Once anyone with access to your case file opens it, regardless of where they may be located worldwide, the system will register an update - this is one of the ways of keeping track of who looked at the case and ensuring the integrity of the information there in. As a matter of fact, the system will also have a more detailed information (which is not public knowledge) regarding who looked at the file, what changes if any, the person made on the file, how long the file was open for, etc. I know this because I work as an Information Analyst, of course not with immigration or the US government, and this is one of the tools we use to monitor information access.
Thank you for taking time and wrote me all that explanation,enjoy you r weekend

Hi Everyone,

I interviewed on Feb. 02, 2016, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and I was placed under administrative processing. Then near the end of February I was asked to submit my passport and I did. My case was constantly being updated almost daily after that, but nothing has happened for the last two weeks. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I interviewed on Feb. 02, 2016, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and I was placed under administrative processing. Then near the end of February I was asked to submit my passport and I did. My case was constantly being updated almost daily after that, but nothing has happened for the last two weeks. Any thoughts?

Thanks

If you were asked to send your passport in it is usually a good sign.
Don't drive yourself crazy with looking at the status updates.

@bblo They said the eight week thing to me as well. Right now, it's been 13 weeks since they received all my documentation, and almost 16 weeks since our interview! So if your case will be anything like mine, it may be a bit longer than 8 weeks.
I am approaching 8 weeks that they said they reserve for AP. Without my inquiry (which normally would update "Status Update Date" because someone would look at it and it would automatically be updated) my Status Update Date changed to today's date even though I did not bug them for close to a month now. Anyhow I will take Brisimon'a advice and I will not get excited about it.

I am approaching 8 weeks that they said they reserve for AP. Without my inquiry (which normally would update "Status Update Date" because someone would look at it and it would automatically be updated) my Status Update Date changed to today's date even though I did not bug them for close to a month now. Anyhow I will take Brisimon'a advice and I will not get excited about it.
Almost 4 months now,status changes last week from ready to ap and when i read alllll blogs and expiriences from around the world everbody who had that case from ready to ap was issued in few days nooo not me still stuck in AP i don t know what else to do except wait and that s it,so 8 weeks don t worry to much it will be over soon

Almost 4 months now,status changes last week from ready to ap and when i read alllll blogs and expiriences from around the world everbody who had that case from ready to ap was issued in few days nooo not me still stuck in AP i don t know what else to do except wait and that s it,so 8 weeks don t worry to much it will be over soon

Sorry to hear about your wait. I feel your pain. It is really strange that they say all is OK on the interview and then they leave people waiting like that. I had to travel from Edmonton to Montreal for the interview, had all my papers ready and in order, was told to leave the passports and that visa should be issued next day. So missed on taking family for March break and took some time off from work + $ expenses to fly and travel etc. If they have to do so much checking they should ask people to courier stuff in before they call you in and waste your time and money!

Sorry to hear about your wait. I feel your pain. It is really strange that they say all is OK on the interview and then they leave people waiting like that. I had to travel from Edmonton to Montreal for the interview, had all my papers ready and in order, was told to leave the passports and that visa should be issued next day. So missed on taking family for March break and took some time off from work + $ expenses to fly and travel etc. If they have to do so much checking they should ask people to courier stuff in before they call you in and waste your time and money!

And how about the background check they have to do following the capture of a petitioner's biometrics which can only happen on the day of the interview? It's not simply the document checking that's leading to someone being put on a prolonged AP. Plus not everyone's documents requires additional or cross checking for verification purpose, so it wouldn't make sense for all the embassies to request sending of documents prior to the interview.

And how about the background check they have to do following the capture of a petitioner's biometrics which can only happen on the day of the interview? It's not simply the document checking that's leading to someone being put on a prolonged AP. Plus not everyone's documents requires additional or cross checking for verification purpose, so it wouldn't make sense for all the embassies to request sending of documents prior to the interview.
Sm1Smom, have to agree with you. If they just start telling people after the interview...."and now we need to run some AP which make take a long time" instead of "all is good and tomorrow your Visa should be issued"

Sm1Smom, have to agree with you. If they just start telling people after the interview...."and now we need to run some AP which make take a long time" instead of "all is good and tomorrow your Visa should be issued"

Sometimes they don't know. Sometimes everything looks good to the CO and then they find out after the interview that more checks need to be done.