• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hi Everyone

Out of interest, lets post the length of time we have in AP for.

For me: I had my interview on Dec 3 2015 (although I was only able to give all my documents on Dec 23 - so I am going to count from Dec 23).

Counting from Dec 23 to today, I have been in AP for 85 days

Looking forward to hearing others timeline.

Baz
I know you said you thought the reason was that you listed yourself as married when it was a common law wife, but is there any other reason you can think of they might be doing this? Other consulates have had similar issues reported as your marital status and it's not been any AP at all - usually in your situation it's just been approved, so I am wondering. (Your wife is now legally your spouse and therefore able to be a derivative, correct?) It's just pretty unusual for Saffers to be in AP other than waiting for documents. I know this speculation doesn't help you... but I am wondering if it's worth a call to the embassy ...just to check your file hasn't somehow been forgotten or mislaid since you handed in your docs...

Hi Everyone

Out of interest, lets post the length of time we have in AP for.

For me: I had my interview on Dec 3 2015 (although I was only able to give all my documents on Dec 23 - so I am going to count from Dec 23).

Counting from Dec 23 to today, I have been in AP for 85 days

Looking forward to hearing others timeline.
103 days,i m very sad

Thanks, yes I remember now. Did you receive form 221(g) at the end of your interview and, if so, which color does the document have?
No my friend,at the end she said everything looks great you can pick up you r visa in few days after a week they told i m under Ap and they don t know why

No my friend,at the end she said everything looks great you can pick up you r visa in few days after a week they told i m under Ap and they don t know why
I understand how very frustrating this must be for you. The CO at your US Consulate does know the reason why you are on AP, i.e. security clearance related or otherwise. What she/he in your case does not seem to know, is why the SAO (presuming this is the underlying reason as all your documents seem to have been in good order) does take longer than expected to clear. This could be anything from a (wrong) FBI name match to a number of other reasons. Best you can do is to stay in regular friendly communication with the US Consulate, so that once they receive the green light on you, things will move forward quickly and effectively on the local level. Very best of luck!

I understand how very frustrating this must be for you. The CO at your US Consulate does know the reason why you are on AP, i.e. security clearance related or otherwise. What she/he in your case does not seem to know, is why the SAO (presuming this is the underlying reason as all your documents seem to have been in good order) does take longer than expected to clear. This could be anything from a (wrong) FBI name match to a number of other reasons. Best you can do is to stay in regular friendly communication with the US Consulate, so that once they receive the green light on you, things will move forward quickly and effectively on the local level. Very best of luck!
Thank you very,i just hope it will be over soon

Baz
I know you said you thought the reason was that you listed yourself as married when it was a common law wife, but is there any other reason you can think of they might be doing this? Other consulates have had similar issues reported as your marital status and it's not been any AP at all - usually in your situation it's just been approved, so I am wondering. (Your wife is now legally your spouse and therefore able to be a derivative, correct?) It's just pretty unusual for Saffers to be in AP other than waiting for documents. I know this speculation doesn't help you... but I am wondering if it's worth a call to the embassy ...just to check your file hasn't somehow been forgotten or mislaid since you handed in your docs...

Hi @SusieQQQ

To answer your questions:
1. We are very much legally married (formally married in Vancouver since May 2015)
2. I cannot think of any security check at all (my wife has never even had a speeding ticket in her life, and I am not much different)

The next question I would like to ask (to anyone out there in fact): Does anyone have experience with calling the US consulate. Bonus points if that consulate is Montreal.

I only have this link to call the Montreal consulate: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/contact_us
They specifically say that they cannot help one with the status of their case, so I am wondering what I should ask them. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Baz

Hi @SusieQQQ

To answer your questions:
1. We are very much legally married (formally married in Vancouver since May 2015)
2. I cannot think of any security check at all (my wife has never even had a speeding ticket in her life, and I am not much different)

The next question I would like to ask (to anyone out there in fact): Does anyone have experience with calling the US consulate. Bonus points if that consulate is Montreal.

I only have this link to call the Montreal consulate: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/contact_us
They specifically say that they cannot help one with the status of their case, so I am wondering what I should ask them. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Baz

That link is not the consulate - it is the agency that does the delivery of the visas etc (just like VFS does UK visas). That's why they can't help you on any real information...

Here are the contact details for the US embassy Montreal.... all the IV email addresses are the same (unsurprisingly). If I were you I'd call first and if that doesn't get you anywhere, email.

Telephone/E-mail
General: 514-398-9695
Non-immigrant visa e-mail: Montreal-NIV@state.gov
Immigrant visa e-mail: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov
Fiancé/Fiancée visa email: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov
Diversity visa email: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/contact-information/

That link is not the consulate - it is the agency that does the delivery of the visas etc (just like VFS does UK visas). That's why they can't help you on any real information...

Here are the contact details for the US embassy Montreal.... all the IV email addresses are the same (unsurprisingly). If I were you I'd call first and if that doesn't get you anywhere, email.

Telephone/E-mail
General: 514-398-9695
Non-immigrant visa e-mail: Montreal-NIV@state.gov
Immigrant visa e-mail: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov
Fiancé/Fiancée visa email: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov
Diversity visa email: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/contact-information/

Thanks so much @SusieQQQ

yes today I spend from AP to ready and my wife and our girls are ready from the start , I'm from Morocco. Me i m in AP for 112 days.

yes today I spend from AP to ready and my wife and our girls are ready from the start , I'm from Morocco. Me i m in AP for 112 days.
That s a great news i m happy for you and you r family fingers crossed,i hope it s over now for you keep us update and have a great weekend

thank god I hope that we will all together out of that AP and see our status change issued , thank you brother for your support

Yes, it could possibly mean that - "AP" status sometimes moves to "Ready", back to "AP" before showing "Issued". Timeline seems to align with top end of stated objectives: "The processing time for FBI name checks usually take from 30-120 days but timing does vary from case to case. The FBI's intention is to have all visa requests processed within 120 days." Source: http://www.path2usa.com/fbi-name-check

thank you very much for your response , I hope we will soon get out of this nightmare.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-18_18-10-52.png
    upload_2016-3-18_18-10-52.png
    497 bytes · Views: 8
    349 bytes · Views: 7
    328 bytes · Views: 4
    338 bytes · Views: 2
    250 bytes · Views: 2
@SusieQQQ The montreal consulate does not really want to answer anything over the phone. So I got nowhere. I have been in constant email contact, I just get a standard reply saying that I am in AP and I have to wait (but for how long, I don't know).

So I am putting this out to anyone with experience dealing with Montreal: Does anyone have additional advice or another phone number?

Thanks in advance