• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Thank you, but when do you think it will be?

Your guess is as good as any other guess.

However, if you are thinking it will help you with a status update for your case - it won't. In your case it will simply say AP - there is no useful information there. Enter a case from last year to see what I mean - try 2015AF11

Your guess is as good as any other guess.

However, if you are thinking it will help you with a status update for your case - it won't. In your case it will simply say AP - there is no useful information there. Enter a case from last year to see what I mean - try 2015AF11
I know what you mean, but if I am not mistaken it will help us as another way of knowing what our status is currently (either it is on AP or issued or refused) besides waiting them to call us or checking our email right?

I know what you mean, but if I am not mistaken it will help us as another way of knowing what our status is currently (either it is on AP or issued or refused) besides waiting them to call us or checking our email right?

Once it is loaded, yes.

I also checked and mine is Ap while my husband says ready, I don't really know what it implies. I think the super moderators got to say something on here.

Hello the first happy new year, our status on the site is in one folder AP and other 3 files are ready it means that?

Don't take the CEAC status as 100% reliable. We had instances last year where it was not updated accurately.

The status of the principal selectee (01 in CEAC) sets the status for the case.
When the principal is in AP, the derivatives may show ready, but none of them can get visas until the AP is resolved for the principal.

There will also be cases where the AP is on a derivative. In most cases the AP for the derivative will also hold the other family members back, but the embassy may have an option to issue the principal and other derivatives in that case.

Ready is the "default" (initial setting) status for a case that has been scheduled for an interview. It stays at that status until it goes to issued, refused, or AP. "Ready" after an interview does NOT signify your visa is ready. Sometimes the principal is marked as issued (or refused) and the embassy fails to update the derivatives. Typically the fate of the derivatives can be assumed by the principal status in that case (which is certainly true if the principal shows refused).

At NVC means a case is not scheduled yet. Either the case has not submitted the DS260, they submitted but it is still being process, or the case is not current.

Don't take the CEAC status as 100% reliable. We had instances last year where it was not updated accurately.

When the principal is in AP, the derivatives may show ready, but none of them can get visas until the AP is resolved for the principal.

There will also be cases where the AP is on a derivative. In most cases the AP for the derivative will also hold the other family members back, but the embassy may have an option to issue the principal and other derivatives in that case.

Ready is the "default" (initial setting) status for a case that has been scheduled for an interview. It stays at that status until it goes to issued, refused, or AP. "Ready" after an interview does NOT signify your visa is ready. Sometimes the principal is marked as issued (or refused) and the embassy fails to update the derivatives. Typically the fate of the derivatives can be assumed by the principal status in that case (which is certainly true if the principal shows refused).

At NVC means a case is not scheduled yet. Either the case has not submitted the DS260, they submitted but it is still being process, or the case is not current.

Hi Simon,

my case is 9 weeks on AP now. I looked up my case at CEAC and it shows AP for me (principal) and derivatives (wife and 2 children). I can see that my case has been updated on Dec 11th and all my derivatives have been status updated Dec 8th. Does this mean we are all undergoing administrative processing??

Happy new year to you all, let's hope this frustration will finish soon so we can go ahead with our lives.

Thank you verry much

Hi Simon,

my case is 9 weeks on AP now. I looked up my case at CEAC and it shows AP for me (principal) and derivatives (wife and 2 children). I can see that my case has been updated on Dec 11th and all my derivatives have been status updated Dec 8th. Does this mean we are all undergoing administrative processing??

Happy new year to you all, let's hope this frustration will finish soon so we can go ahead with our lives.

Last year we watched people drives themselves crazy by obsessing on every update date on CEAC. There does not appear to be any significance to many of these updates.

Also - as I mentioned - the CEAC status relies on the embassy doing an update - which they may not do 100% of the time. So - don't try to read too much into the CEAC status...

Please help

I m Eu and i m under AP since Dec 4,yesterday was update on Dec 7 status Ready,today was Jan 4 2016 today,again ready what does it mean