• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello everyone again,

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me find an answer for.

1. My husband who is the derivative was born in Egypt. However, he does not have a birth certificate from Egypt. Rather, he has a birth certificate from Jordan of which he is a citizen. The Jordanian birth certificate states Egypt as the place of birth. Would this be acceptable at the interview?
2. My given names in my native alphabet has always been the same and never changed. However, I have used two different spellings in Roman alphabets. One that I'm currently using which I have been using for the past 7 years, and another one I used on a passport that I used 10 years ago. I have noted the spelling I have previously used in the "other names used" on my DS-260 form. My question is, will I be required to provide any sort for documentation for name change at the interview? Although my given names in roman alphabet have changed, they have always been the same in native alphabet and never change. As such, I won't be able to provide any documentation for a name change since there was never a name change to begin with.

Your input is highly appreciated.

Hello everyone again,

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me find an answer for.

1. My husband who is the derivative was born in Egypt. However, he does not have a birth certificate from Egypt. Rather, he has a birth certificate from Jordan of which he is a citizen. The Jordanian birth certificate states Egypt as the place of birth. Would this be acceptable at the interview?
2. My given names in my native alphabet has always been the same and never changed. However, I have used two different spellings in Roman alphabets. One that I'm currently using which I have been using for the past 7 years, and another one I used on a passport that I used 10 years ago. I have noted the spelling I have previously used in the "other names used" on my DS-260 form. My question is, will I be required to provide any sort for documentation for name change at the interview? Although my given names in roman alphabet have changed, they have always been the same in native alphabet and never change. As such, I won't be able to provide any documentation for a name change since there was never a name change to begin with.

Your input is highly appreciated.

No problem re either of these.
I'm sure COs there are used to differing roman alphabet versions! Just ensure that the one you have 'chosen' is the version you want, as that will become your formal/legal name in the US.

My concern Susie QQQ is whereby someone cohabited(not a legal marriage) and applied for dv as married but never worn, then they separate and no legal documents
and he applied as never married and worn. Do you think that is an issue if they check against all the entries.
I am not one of the Big Three Judges here :). However, in my opinion, this is not a big deal. In the previous entries your friend was not following instructions because he was confused. But this time he figured that he is not married (never was) and chose the status correctly. If they look at his previous entries and see that he stated he had been married before, but in DS260 he is claiming otherwise, this can be explained to CO. I would obtain marital status history document from the authorities in his country, in case the issue comes up at the interview. As well as any other documents you can think of.
I do not think he should be considering the option not to proceed because of this, the only option is to be fully prepared to explain.

Hi all .. I have two questions:

1- our number is AF 55xx from egypt.. submitted ds 260 middle of July .. when should we get the second email ?

2- I'm the wife of the main applicant (the winner) .. in the initial application we wrote my name like that : first name - second (my fathers') - third (my grand fathers') ... but I didn't include my forth (family) name . However, while filling the ds-260 I corrected this mistake and wrote my full name ( the four names) just like passport .. should this make a problem to our case?

hi everyone
does anyone know when the emails will be sent for january interview appointments
Somebody in this forum reported that he/she had gotten reply from KCC saying they usually send 2NLs between 15th and 20th of a month.

Last edited:
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE :
Interview process is so simple donot worry or be nervous.
My interview time is at 1 pm but i went to embassy half an hour early . Firstly they check second letter on gate .
After that they will give token number mine was H 13 to pay the fee and submit original and photocopy of document.
After waiting around 30 minute my number came for interview.
CO : who is your sponser ?
me:.......
CO:Are you married ?
me:........
CO: Love or arrange marriage ?
me:.....
CO: congratulation u r done .
And gave me white paper to collect my passport on 20th november thursday
Interview location : Kathmandu ,Nepal

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE :
Interview process is so simple donot worry or be nervous.
My interview time is at 1 pm but i went to embassy half an hour early . Firstly they check second letter on gate .
After that they will give token number mine was H 13 to pay the fee and submit original and photocopy of document.
After waiting around 30 minute my number came for interview.
CO : who is your sponser ?
me:.......
CO:Are you married ?
me:........
CO: Love or arrange marriage ?
me:.....
CO: congratulation u r done .
And gave me white paper to collect my passport on 20th november thursday
Interview location : Kathmandu ,Nepal

Congratulations!

Doesn't sound like Nepal intend losing their spot as the easiest embassy to get approval!

Hi to everybody!I m from Europe and i had interview yesterday!Conversation was very friendly and the questions were the usual !
All my documents are left in embasy and i was given two paper back!One is for DHL registration and second one is "bad one" where is writen
Administrative Processing! I started reading about it and catches me jitters because it needs to sit and wait for call or mail from embasy!
Otherwise I just got my studies to end and also I was a;redy 3 time in USA on J1 visa , and I have absolutely no slightest violation of any law!
Is there any idea how much agony is gona last?What's goind actualy in that process? And does it have anybody similar experience from Europe!
Thank you all!

whats your highest level of education, maybe they are checking your education, security background check, they might have some red flags, nothing to worry my friend, they will just verify things...

let us know

Hi to everybody!I m from Europe and i had interview yesterday!Conversation was very friendly and the questions were the usual !
All my documents are left in embasy and i was given two paper back!One is for DHL registration and second one is "bad one" where is writen
Administrative Processing! I started reading about it and catches me jitters because it needs to sit and wait for call or mail from embasy!
Otherwise I just got my studies to end and also I was a;redy 3 time in USA on J1 visa , and I have absolutely no slightest violation of any law!
Is there any idea how much agony is gona last?What's goind actualy in that process? And does it have anybody similar experience from Europe!
Thank you all!

On the AP note, what is the reason given? Are you expected to provide any additional documents? Which embassy is that?

Did the CO not give you any indication of why you are on AP?
If he kept all your documents including originals, it sounds like he may want to check something is genuine.
You do not have any unfulfilled home country presence requirement from your J1?