• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

No, if you do medicals in December and it is valid 12 months, and you have interview in Jan.
also, please do we have to pay $330 for each kid as well.

thank you so much for your Help

dear all ,, hi every one
i have an inquiry ,, i have a Canadian PR ,, and my entry visa is found in the first page of my passport
do you think this gonna affect my case by any way,, or it will raise suspicions of the co ,, is it advantage for me to have this PR or this will be against me

dear all ,, hi every one
i have an inquiry ,, i have a Canadian PR ,, and my entry visa is found in the first page of my passport
do you think this gonna affect my case by any way,, or it will raise suspicions of the co ,, is it advantage for me to have this PR or this will be against me

Doesn't make any difference. However, once you activate your Green Card the USA will expect that you become resident in the USA....

No, if you do medicals in December and it is valid 12 months, and you have interview in Jan.
also, please do we have to pay $330 for each kid as well.

thank you so much for your Help

As I already told you, the maximum visa validity is 6 months. It may be shorter because of the medicals but it can never be longer.

$330 is paid for each family member and then if the visas are issued you need to pay the USCIS fee of $165 per family member as well.

Hello everyone, I have a high case number that will be active around June. I also have plans to travel to other Countries before my case become current. Can my traveling plans affect my DV Case given that I will be back before my Case gets current.

So you presented documents in French in a country where French is not the main language. That was clearly going to be required - a silly reason to go on AP. However, that is done now. Normally when they ask for documents, you supply them and your AP finishes quite quickly. Hopefully yours will be like that, although I am assuming that the CO actually was happy that you met the requirements, other than wanting the translations.

Get those back to the embassy as soon as possible.
Thanks so Much Britsimon for your reply actually you are right because at the end of the interview the CO give us the detail of sending the translation and the original and also some of the original are still there with them in the Embassy I will be sending the translation on Thursday

Hey guys, my friend was interviewed 3 days ago. He told me that the interview was simple but at the end the CO asked him about bank statement. Does any one have an idea if the bank statement is a basic requirement or not.

dear Britsimon/Susie
sorry to repeat my question again, but i'm wondering when my interview will probably be
as you all mentioned it will take 3months from the date of sending ds-260 to process the docs
i also called kcc told is under process but still have not received my second letter !!!!
do you have any opinion?

2015AS000010xx
ds-260 sent in aug.
was current for oct.

appreciate any opinion
:( :( /laleh

Hey guys, my friend was interviewed 3 days ago. He told me that the interview was simple but at the end the CO asked him about bank statement. Does any one have an idea if the bank statement is a basic requirement or not.

well, as i know if you have "affidavit of support" there will no need to have bank statement
but if you don't have "affidavit of support" you have to show your bank statement

but wait for other opinions as well
good luck

Hello everyone, I have a high case number that will be active around June. I also have plans to travel to other Countries before my case become current. Can my traveling plans affect my DV Case given that I will be back before my Case gets current.
No. It won't affect your case as much as you will be around where your interview will be prior to your interview. But not that you need some time before your interview to compile your documents and to prepare police and medical certificates.

A basic requirement is to show that you will not become a public charge. This can be shown in a number of ways - a bank statement, an affidavit of support, a host, qualifications that make jobs easy to get, etc. The exact proof of the public charge requirement is decided by the CO at the time of interview.