• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 - Those Who Are Applying Wave Here!

"Entrant since 1998 without success" - wow that is humbling for those of us that whine about the waiting period and how slow this Green Card process is and so on. How about trying 15 years running and not winning????

Best of luck to you in DV2015!

Thanks britsimon. And yeah, the way I've always looked at it is from the "gotta be in it to win it" point of view, but never counting on it. It hasn't stopped me from finding other visas to enable me to live and work there. Just haven't managed anything permanent yet. Regardless, I'm going back again next year, hopefully April sometime, and I have two visa options to choose from that mean I can live and work for at least a year.

If that's not a glass half full attitude, then I don't know what is :)

Thanks britsimon. And yeah, the way I've always looked at it is from the "gotta be in it to win it" point of view, but never counting on it. It hasn't stopped me from finding other visas to enable me to live and work there. Just haven't managed anything permanent yet. Regardless, I'm going back again next year, hopefully April sometime, and I have two visa options to choose from that mean I can live and work for at least a year.

If that's not a glass half full attitude, then I don't know what is :)

Yep right on. The USA needs positive people like you. Best of luck to you!

I have been applying since early 2000's at least, if not before 2000. I remember when it was paper-based.

Great to see some familiar "faces" and big welcome to the new ones!! Let's hope this is the year for us all :) Thank you especially for all the warm wishes from what really has become a group of virtual friends on here now. I said to my husband yesterday "oh my God, I have made over 450 posts on here! Any wonder people know me now :p" I agree with you AJ, the timing would not have been as good as it will be winning the DV 2015. I would have taken it, but it would have been less than ideal. For this time around, I will be more than ready! I think the United States needs one more Social Worker don't you? :)

Q

I agree with you Qewty. Cheers for DV 2015 being the year!

Hello friends,

Long time no see! I haven't got time to come in here in the past 3-4 months as I am curently with some courses and of course working.
We will also try it again this year, my gf and I, and we are hopping for the win. She is in the 6th and final year of M.D. degree and winning now will be just perfect as she will start the residency years in US if we win it this time.
So lets wait for October and after that lets wait for the best!
Good luck to everybody!

The proposed new law is very unlikely to be signed in 2014 because that's an election year, where politicians try very hard to avoid controversial topics like immigration. This means there will very likely be another DV after this (DV 2016).

I have been entering (off and on) for the diversity visa since 2000, and I didn't get lucky until DV2013. Keep trying and good luck to all. :)

That's a great point Hexa. I actually just had a conversation with hubby about this (he is North American) and he said exactly the same thing. There is too much disagreement going on in the respective parties at the moment as to what they will (and won't agree on), and as you say, any time leading up to an election it will be a no go area. Thinking about how much the Hispanic vote matters now more than ever, there will be a lot of opposition to much of the reform proposed. What this means for the DV component is delays on putting it in place. That works for me!

Warm wishes all, time to get photos organised over the next week!

Q

Republicans in general oppose DV. Since they control the House, they have been proposing the elimination of the program for a while. However, Democrats control the Senate, so they won't kill DV unless there are actual concessions from Republicans to make up for it. Neither can pass any law without the other, but at this moment Republicans in the House has no appetite for compromise, unlike their colleagues in the senate.

If they can't even agree on a relatively mundane farm bill, I don't see a way for them to pass a controversial immigration law (that eliminates DV) anytime in the near future. We're probably looking at 2017 before they can formulate a new law, this means DV2016, DV2017, and DV2018.

Requirement #2: In addition, to meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program,
you must have either:
 a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of
elementary and secondary education;
OR
 two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two
years of training or experience to perform. The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online
database will be used to determine qualifying work experience.
For more information about qualifying work experience for the principal DV applicant, see the Frequently
Asked Questions.
Do not submit an entry to the DV program unless you meet both of these requirements. - ME QUESTION IS IF I NEED TOO MEET THE 2 REQUIREMENTS THE HIGH SCHOOL AND WORK EXPERIENCE?

Requirement #2: In addition, to meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program,
you must have either:
 a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of
elementary and secondary education;
OR
 two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two
years of training or experience to perform. The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online
database will be used to determine qualifying work experience.
For more information about qualifying work experience for the principal DV applicant, see the Frequently
Asked Questions.
Do not submit an entry to the DV program unless you meet both of these requirements. - ME QUESTION IS IF I NEED TOO MEET THE 2 REQUIREMENTS THE HIGH SCHOOL AND WORK EXPERIENCE?

No - you only need to meet one OR the other. Most people do not meet the second requirement.

but this think ? -Do not submit an entry to the DV program unless you meet both of these requirements.

You have pasted Requitement 2. Requirement 1 (being born in an eligible country) is the other requirement you must meet.

I am CERTAIN about this. Stop worrying.

What does the US Government shutdown mean for DV 2015? Will our entries be properly entered into the system if we enter tomorrow? Will it even be possible to enter tomorrow? Will there be any effects at all?

For anyone unaware, the US Government has shutdown because Congress was unable to pass a budget to fund government operations.

Last edited by a moderator: