• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 - Those Who Are Applying Wave Here!

Have an amazing time over Christmas Matt, how fabulous to be over there then! :) Here's the thing with us Aussies, even without the DV, there is always the E3 at our disposal. Don't see it as a tease, see it as another scouting mission to check things out.

Have a wonderful time! Is holiday envy ok? :)

Q

Thanks Q! I am very much looking forward to going back to the US! The last time I was there was 2 years ago, when I represented my high school at a leadership conference in Washington DC. I made so many friends from all over the US and I have been waiting to see them again ever since! I am going to NYC, Nashville and Birmingham!

I was thinking about going back to the US after May (if i don't get selected in DV 2015) to see if i can secure a job offer for an E3 visa. I am not sure as to whether my commercial pilot qualifications are enough to pass the education requirements for that visa however, because a commercial pilot license is not a degree, it is a license. I will have to do more research on qualifying occupations for the E3 visa. I have a feeling that my qualifications fit into a 'grey area' with regards to qualifying occupations for that visa.

Your posts are always delightful Q! I keenly follow other Australians. Hopefully this will be our year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Q! I am very much looking forward to going back to the US! The last time I was there was 2 years ago, when I represented my high school at a leadership conference in Washington DC. I made so many friends from all over the US and I have been waiting to see them again ever since! I am going to NYC, Nashville and Birmingham!

I was thinking about going back to the US after May (if i don't get selected in DV 2015) to see if i can secure a job offer for an E3 visa. I am not sure as to whether my commercial pilot qualifications are enough to pass the education requirements for that visa however, because a commercial pilot license is not a degree, it is a license. I will have to do more research on qualifying occupations for the E3 visa. I have a feeling that my qualifications fit into a 'grey area' with regards to qualifying occupations for that visa.

Your posts are always delightful Q! I keenly follow other Australians. Hopefully this will be our year!

Matt your adventures sound awesome. Always good to hear fellow Aussies interested in the US!
I'm 23 from Sydney and I lived in DC for a year so I love that city! Then lived in North Carolina on study abroad for a school year and I'm planning on using my last Jvisa I qualify for next year moving to Nashville for a year. Then I, like you, will be researching for the E3 visa but hoping everything will be easier with a DV2015 selection!

Good luck to you and enjoy your trip at the end of the year (especially DC and Nashville!) :)

Spouse

I have a fiancé whom we have a daughter aged 2 years. The problem is that we are not yet legally married. So I have been wondering how to go about applying the DV 2015 lottery should we apply as different entries or as one entry?
And Is there a problem if one kid is listed as a defendant in 2 different entries?

I have a fiancé whom we have a daughter aged 2 years. The problem is that we are not yet legally married. So I have been wondering how to go about applying the DV 2015 lottery should we apply as different entries or as one entry?
And Is there a problem if one kid is listed as a defendant in 2 different entries?

You apply as two single entries - and yes list the child on each entry. However, if one of you wins, you will need to marry in order to get visas for the other adult. Marriages after selection as a winner tend to get increased scrutiny to make sure the marriage is real.

Matt your adventures sound awesome. Always good to hear fellow Aussies interested in the US!
I'm 23 from Sydney and I lived in DC for a year so I love that city! Then lived in North Carolina on study abroad for a school year and I'm planning on using my last Jvisa I qualify for next year moving to Nashville for a year. Then I, like you, will be researching for the E3 visa but hoping everything will be easier with a DV2015 selection!

Good luck to you and enjoy your trip at the end of the year (especially DC and Nashville!) :)

Thank you AJ!
I'm 20, also from Sydney. I have been to the US twice before, both relatively short stays compared to yours. I went to California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon and Washington 9 years ago for a holiday, and two years ago I went to Maryland, DC and Virginia (staying mostly in Washington DC and Baltimore) for a leadership conference. I liked Washington DC the most and I now have free accommodation in many US cities thanks to the friends I made at the conference!

All the best for your studies and your visa! I'm happy to see other Australians who share the same affinity for the US I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you AJ!
I'm 20, also from Sydney. I have been to the US twice before, both relatively short stays compared to yours. I went to California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon and Washington 9 years ago for a holiday, and two years ago I went to Maryland, DC and Virginia (staying mostly in Washington DC and Baltimore) for a leadership conference. I liked Washington DC the most and I now have free accommodation in many US cities thanks to the friends I made at the conference!

All the best for your studies and your visa! I'm happy to see other Australians who share the same affinity for the US I have.

Praying that DV 2015 is our year!

Welcome aboard again alindragos, pull up a comfy chair and relax, we are in for a bit of a journey :)

Q

Im assuming the question of more selections for DV 2014 is now out of the window? :/ I havnt heard of anyone else seeing their confirmations changed. When was it last year that they updated some peoples pages ? I remember it being october 20th or something like that? Although its probably a lost cause, I still keep checking my confirmations like every day lol. Obessed I am:p:rolleyes:

Here's to praying tho that DV 2015 goes through.

Considering how many selections there have been this year, especially the number of Australians, I would consider it almost a zero possibility of more being selected at this point. Maybe other regions if their selection numbers are low but certainly not Oceania.

I have my focus squarely on DV2015 now.

Oh...and my exams :p

Q

I was picked for 2014DV but have my doubts as to whether my number will get an interview. Is it safe to apply again or will it for some reason affect my winning entry?

It is quite safe to apply and it will not affect your current selection process. Here's hoping you do get an interview for your 2014!

Q

Thanks for your welcoming Qewty! Good to be back with my forum friends...
I dont have a lot of time to be around here like I had last year but this is something good in one way : I am not so stressed about time passing and all of this.
I will just wait for May and hopefully we will have the visa by the end of this DV2014 journey.
Best of luck to all!

Applying for the First Time

DV - Entry for DV2015 : Already submitted / waiting for May 1, 2014

I have few questions:

Will I need to send my application right away after confirming I won on the DV WebSite or shall I wait for a Letter from KCC?
Is a Letter or an Email?
Pay interview fees before or on interview day?

Thanks!

I am a lucky DV2014 selectee - however, can I apply for DV2015 just as backup? Anybody else has done this before? Thank you!

I am a lucky DV2014 selectee - however, can I apply for DV2015 just as backup? Anybody else has done this before? Thank you!

See my signature. Also a DV2014 selectee (with a rather low number), and I just entered DV2015. There will be no problems.

See my signature. Also a DV2014 selectee (with a rather low number), and I just entered DV2015. There will be no problems.

Hi, I'm a newbie here. Please explain what do you mean by a low number?

BTW, when you check in May and you find out that you are selected. Do you wait for a confirmation letter or email? Or you just send the forms and pictures?