• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 - Site Issue - No confirmation number

ZetaKappa

Hello everyone,

today i was filling the DV 2015 form and instead of getting the confirmation number i get the same page where the infos are displayed with the text

"SUBMISSION IN PROGRESS" - "Your submission is currently in the process of being submitted. To retrieve your confirmation page, please click the "Check Submission" button below."

If i click on "Check Submission", nothing happened and it gave me always the same page with my infos.

I'm not submitting my application for the second time, i don't wanna be disqualified for this, but i'd like to know if my submission is OK and I'd like to know my Confirmation number.

How can I do? Can Yo help me please?

Hello everyone,

today i was filling the DV 2015 form and instead of getting the confirmation number i get the same page where the infos are displayed with the text

"SUBMISSION IN PROGRESS" - "Your submission is currently in the process of being submitted. To retrieve your confirmation page, please click the "Check Submission" button below."

If i click on "Check Submission", nothing happened and it gave me always the same page with my infos.

I'm not submitting my application for the second time, i don't wanna be disqualified for this, but i'd like to know if my submission is OK and I'd like to know my Confirmation number.

First of all I would personally use a different browser. I found the site doesn't play well with Chrome - so best to use IE. It sounds like you might have a popup blocker.

Regarding the risk of a duplicate entry - yes you may be in trouble with that but I don't think you can check to be sure. So - you may have not entered at all, or you may risk duplicate entries. You have to decide what what you saw what is more likely and make your decision. I doubt there is much else you can do...

Hello everyone,

Simon is right. Use IE as other browsers don't work that well with DOS website. Also as I remember just before you submit your application there is few instructions saying that if you did not receive a confirmation number that the entry was not finished (there is something about pressing submit button few times till you get a result). I believe you can try to submit your details again. Just before the final confirmation you should see a note that I'm talking about.

Last year I recall having a small anxious moment when I couldn't submit to the next section, and I was using Chrome. I closed it down, used IE and continued and got a confirmation etc. In my mind, I had not completed the application because it had not submitted, so I was happy to do it again.

This year it went smoothly.

It is up to you what you do, but it sounds like it did not submit successfully, and you don't have a confirmation number because of that. Because of the time out, you cannot use anything you have typed into that page now anyway.

Not sure if that is at all helpful, it is just my experience.

Q

I think if you don't see a confirmation number the entry has not been submitted. If you don't have a confirmation number, you have no way of retrieving the lottery result. But, it's ultimately your call

Same here

I just complete my registration but it didnt give me a code.... Just the is in submission text....I guess since it didnt give me a code it isnt received so ill try with internet explorer . They should fix thiss problem though :/

Have the same issue with DV2018.
I was using Google Chrome with Adblock extension enabled.

When I filled out questionnaire I pressed Submit button but I didn't get the page with the confirmation number, for some reason it got back to the page where I was filling out my data, but there was no any next button anymore in the end.
Maybe it happened because of Adblock in my Google Chrome...

I tried again with IE, it worked ok, but I'm not sure if I created a duplicate registration or not!
So maybe I registered twice (just didn't saw confirmation number page when did it first time in Chrome, so maybe data was got by lottery site server and registered it, then it's very bad), hate this situation...

I want to know if I didn't create a duplicate. Was I registered first time in Chrome with Adblock enabled or not (I just don't know this, I pressed Submit button, but I didn't get confirmation page. Maybe my data was submitted (so it registered by site server, and then it's a big problem for me), but Adblock blocked confirmation page...

I hate developers of the lottery site. They should have optimized it for everything (every browser), even when Adblock is enabled, because this extension is used by millions people...
I'm so sad... This bad lottery site don't even say in the end that you if you just didn't win in that lottery or you was disqualified, we will not know it... For "didn't win" & "disqualified" as I know it always gives the same result something like "you didn't succeed" (don't remember it exactly)

Have the same issue with DV2018.
I was using Google Chrome with Adblock extension enabled.

When I filled out questionnaire I pressed Submit button but I didn't get the page with the confirmation number, for some reason it got back to the page where I was filling out my data, but there was no any next button anymore in the end.
Maybe it happened because of Adblock in my Google Chrome...

I tried again with IE, it worked ok, but I'm not sure if I created a duplicate registration or not!
So maybe I registered twice (just didn't saw confirmation number page when did it first time in Chrome, so maybe data was got by lottery site server and registered it, then it's very bad), hate this situation...

I want to know if I didn't create a duplicate. Was I registered first time in Chrome with Adblock enabled or not (I just don't know this, I pressed Submit button, but I didn't get confirmation page. Maybe my data was submitted (so it registered by site server, and then it's a big problem for me), but Adblock blocked confirmation page...

I hate developers of the lottery site. They should have optimized it for everything (every browser), even when Adblock is enabled, because this extension is used by millions people...
I'm so sad... This bad lottery site don't even say in the end that you if you just didn't win in that lottery or you was disqualified, we will not know it... For "didn't win" & "disqualified" as I know it always gives the same result something like "you didn't succeed" (don't remember it exactly)

I'd tend to think that if you didn't get a confirmation number it didn't submit successfully. However... if you are concerned that your adblock software is blocking legitimate sites then maybe you should use different software, rather than blaming the sites. Just saying....

I can attest to the fact that firefox also works smoothly with the DV site (Even though I have got the ADBlock plugin installed by default as well). From what I have read so far, chrome seems to have issues with the site. As stated above best to use IE or Firefox (I was able to enter for myself as well as other family members without a hitch). As a general rule best to avoid using google chrome as the browser.

The issue itself is with the browser and not the plugin.

because of one site I won't change Chrome to any other browser. It's the most powerfull browser. But FF mb would be better for weak/old computers. So if we have a normal/powerful PC we should use it maximally with such browser as Chrome
anyway it's offtopic to talk about it

because of one site I won't change Chrome to any other browser. It's the most powerfull browser. But FF mb would be better for weak/old computers. So if we have a normal/powerful PC we should use it maximally with such browser as Chrome

That's absurd. You can stick to any browser as it is your choice but there is no such thing as chrome being powerful and FF being weak, we are talking about browsers and some prefer one over another. Chrome has some benefits like inbuilt translation and so on but these can always be added to firefox or other browsers via a plugin.

Best not to misinform others. For those wishing to solve the issue with the DV website, use Firefox (a bit more secure hence I recommend it) or IE.

You don't even know that it is chrome or any incompatibility with it that led to the error, or Adblock, or the version of Adblock you used, or even if there was an error! Quite a leap of logic you made there. Of course it's your choice what you use, but don't make leaps of logic and expect the US government to fall in behind you and change their systems in response;)

I had a problem with chrome.
I first submitted the application. it gave me the preview page for info i had entered. I accepted it.
It should have gave me the Submission confirmation page and the confirmation number. but it returned me to the form with out any buttons under the form or above it.
I clicked back in the browser. the website said "don't click back using the browser back button, and click on the check submission button below".
I clicked it, it returned me back to the first application and under it a big button (check submission).
for almost 30 min I kept clicking check submission, and returning to the same page.
I have adblock plus. I disabled it when this problem appeared. but I don't know if it is the cause of the problem.
As I didn't get a confirmation number, I tried internet explorer, and got a confirmation number.
I don't know if what I did is right or wrong... shouldn't I have submit again with Internet explorer? I didn't get a confirmation number with chrome.
So I submitted with internet explorer and got one.

Result : Use Internet explorer with this site.

Hi, I submitted my entry using Google Chrome but instead of getting a confirmation page I got this :

Submission In Progress​

Please do not leave this page until you receive a confirmation number. Your confirmation number is proof that your entry has been successfully submitted. You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your status in May.
If you do not receive a confirmation number, your entry was not successful and you must re-submit your information. Re-submission will not be counted as a duplicate entry if you did not receive a confirmation number.
Your submission is currently in the process of being submitted. To retrieve your confirmation page, please click the "Check Submission" button below

I never got got confirmation number each time i click "Check Submission" i keep getting the page where I entered my information. I later made another entry using another browser and it went smoothly I got my confirmation number. I am now afraid if I made duplicate entries or not?

Now when I click the "Check Submission" button it says:

Session Expired​

We're sorry, your session has expired. You must complete your entry within 60 minutes of starting it. Click the link below to start your entry again.

Hi, I submitted my entry using Google Chrome but instead of getting a confirmation page I got this :

Submission In Progress​

Please do not leave this page until you receive a confirmation number. Your confirmation number is proof that your entry has been successfully submitted. You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your status in May.
If you do not receive a confirmation number, your entry was not successful and you must re-submit your information. Re-submission will not be counted as a duplicate entry if you did not receive a confirmation number.
Your submission is currently in the process of being submitted. To retrieve your confirmation page, please click the "Check Submission" button below

I never got got confirmation number each time i click "Check Submission" i keep getting the page where I entered my information. I later made another entry using another browser and it went smoothly I got my confirmation number. I am now afraid if I made duplicate entries or not?

Now when I click the "Check Submission" button it says:

Session Expired​

We're sorry, your session has expired. You must complete your entry within 60 minutes of starting it. Click the link below to start your entry again.
Don’t duplicate the same post/questions over multiple threads in the forum. Post once and wait for a response please.
If the system allowed you to submit a new entry from another browser without flagging your information as already received, that means the first entry was not submitted.