• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I'm grateful to you all for your support. Its sometimes good to feel that someone out there believes in you. I thank you all
the rate is still
$ 1 = GHC 4

Sorry for the delay.

We were 11 DV Principal Applicants (2 were married and 1 other was a mum with her kid) so in all 14 family members. The normal process followed as narrated in many interview before. out of 11, I was the 9th. out of the first 8 only the second person got it. I was really scared seeing many people refused. one man failed to add his children to the initial edv form even though he had children at the time of applying and that led to his refusal. another lady came to the interview without medicals and police report. she was refused but I dont know if that is what led to the refusal. for the rest i cant tell what led to their refusal.

Here is how things went at the interview.
I was called to window 4
CO: Good afternoon and Sorry for the delay, you know we had to attend to many people today
ME: Good afternoon. No problem mum
CO: Raise your right hand and swear that what you will say will be the truth
ME: I swear
CO: Have you travel outside Ghana before?
ME: Yes madam
CO: which place
ME: Mali and India
CO: what did you go and do there
ME: Went to visit my uncle in Mali and I went for an ICT course in India. I have the certificates here, should I show them to you.
CO: don't worry. How long did you stay in each case
ME: I spent 4 months in Mali and 12 weeks in India.
CO: Are these the only countries you have been to?
ME: No I spent a day in Burkina Faso before going to Mali and did same in Dubai when going to India
CO: I don't mean that transit
ME: aah OK
CO: are you married
ME: no
CO: do you have any child
CO: which year did you complete your wassce
ME: 2004. i wrote sssce not wassce
CO: ok. which school did you attend
ME: St. Peter's
CO: what are the courses you do
ME: I did Science (she was still looking at me as if she was expecting more so I said) my electives were E-maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
CO: whom will you be staying with
ME: my uncle. sorry my uncle's friend
CO: in which state is he
ME: mattapan in the boston
CO: I asked of state not city (she said smiling). you are going to my native state (massachusetts) and the place is very cold especially in winter so you have to get good clothings (I was at ease now because i knew there something good was coming)
ME: (was just nodding my head)
CO: I have had a bad day, it hurts me to refuse people visas but you know we work with rules here. congratulations, i have approved you visa application.
ME: i lifted both hands and was shaking them in the air (she looked at me and couldnt help but smile)
CO: It gives me great joy when people are happy after I have approved their visa application. what name do your friends call you with
ME: thowa.
CO: what?
ME:thowa. it my nickname
CO: (she now addressed me as thowa not by my real name) thowa, don't make any travel arragement blablabla blablabla. then she handed over the blue form to me
ME: thank you

there were 2 people yet to go when I was leaving so i can't tell what happened to them

Congratulations Thowa! Got me shaking to hear many people being refused visa, I will make it in Jesus Name! Watch out for me guys.

Sorry for the delay.

We were 11 DV Principal Applicants (2 were married and 1 other was a mum with her kid) so in all 14 family members. The normal process followed as narrated in many interview before. out of 11, I was the 9th. out of the first 8 only the second person got it. I was really scared seeing many people refused. one man failed to add his children to the initial edv form even though he had children at the time of applying and that led to his refusal. another lady came to the interview without medicals and police report. she was refused but I dont know if that is what led to the refusal. for the rest i cant tell what led to their refusal.

I was called to window 4
CO: Good afternoon and Sorry for the delay, you know we had to attend to many people today
ME: Went to visit my uncle in Mali and I went for an ICT course in India. I have the certificates here, should I show them to you.
ME: No I spent a day in Burkina Faso before going to Mali and did same in Dubai when going to India
ME: I did Science (she was still looking at me as if she was expecting more so I said) my electives were E-maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
CO: I asked of state not city (she said smiling). you are going to my native state (massachusetts) and the place is very cold especially in winter so you have to get good clothings (I was at ease now because i knew there something good was coming)
CO: I have had a bad day, it hurts me to refuse people visas but you know we work with rules here. congratulations, i have approved you visa application.
ME: i lifted both hands and was shaking them in the air (she looked at me and couldnt help but smile)
CO: It gives me great joy when people are happy after I have approved their visa application. what name do your friends call you with
CO: (she now addressed me as thowa not by my real name) thowa, don't make any travel arragement blablabla blablabla. then she handed over the blue form to me

there were 2 people yet to go when I was leaving so i can't tell what happened to them

Awesome, I can only imagine your smile when she told you to buy warm clothes!!! :D

Sad to hear so many people denied though...

Sorry for the delay.

I was called to window 4

I feel for the family who failed to add the kid. Sometimes, i do not understand why people see the obvious denied but still go for the interview. hmmmmm

Sorry for the delay.

I was called to window 4

Welcome to the visa camp! U did it, I'm proud of u! Good job

I feel for the family who failed to add the kid. Sometimes, i do not understand why people see the obvious denied but still go for the interview. hmmmmm
I think there are still a chunk of people out there who aren't aware of this forum and they end up being victims of their own error..

I think there are still a chunk of people out there who aren't aware of this forum and they end up being victims of their own error..
per the instructions it says, failing to include a family member is a disqualification.

per the instructions it says, failing to include a family member is a disqualification.
Correct..and I think the family in question didn't know this, otherwise it would have been pointless proceeding with their application.

Last edited:
Or there is an agent involved...
i think there are less agents involved when it comes to family applicants. the man might have ticked married, enabling him to add the wife but failed to enter a figure into the number of children box.

Sorry for the delay.

I was called to window 4

Congratulations - you narrated perfectly and you earned your visa.

So 2 out of 9 cases refused. That supports what I am seeing in the data. Really horrific that out of 3381 selectees Ghana is probably going to end up with about 500/600 visas at most. This is not the fault of the embassy staff....

Sorry for the delay.

I was called to window 4

Thowa congrats again. u truly deserve the visa. am very happy

Congratulations - you narrated perfectly and you earned your visa.

So 2 out of 9 cases refused. That supports what I am seeing in the data. Really horrific that out of 3381 selectees Ghana is probably going to end up with about 500/600 visas at most. This is not the fault of the embassy staff....
then Britsimon what will the embassy do with the rest since every country will get 7% of the visa

Let me help you on this trillonit, the $330 or its equivalent to your local currency is paid to the cashier at the U.S. embassy just before your interview starts. No one can tell you exactly what the CO will ask you bt you might be asked those informations you gave when signing initial entry and DS260. Best of luck!

Thanks guys. Have been reading through and have gained so much reading the experience of others. One thing is very clear...the love you all show here gifting us with so
Let me help you on this trillonit, the $330 or its equivalent to your local currency is paid to the cashier at the U.S. embassy just before your interview starts. No one can tell you exactly what the CO will ask you bt you might be asked those informations you gave when signing initial entry and DS260. Best of luck!

Thanks guys your support here as someone puts it is indeed price.less lol

And Congratulations to all who got their Visas. I can imagine the look on her face when she heard your nickname was Thowa. :)

Before I forget..this high school certificate here refers to our normal waec results slip right?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Have been reading through and have gained so much reading the experience of others. One thing is very clear...the love you all show here gifting us with so
Thanks guys your support here as someone puts it is indeed price.less lol

And Congratulations to all who got their Visas. I can imagine the look on her face when she heard your nickname was Thowa. :)

Before I forget..this high school certificate here refers to our normal waec results slip right?

it is the sssce/wassce statement of results/ certificate you get from your school or regional office of waec( private candidates).