• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Guys, that is the state of Accra now.
View attachment 433

I was going through the data and found out that Accra has been busy updating Ceac data. Upadate was done on 25th, 27th, 30th, 31st and 1st. which means the data we have might be up to date, that might be the true state of events happening in Accra.
But the question I asked myself is are these updates for recent interviews or they are for interviews held long ago but they just delayed in the update

That refused number is light because some embassies will fail to update derivatives correctly. So - if the case is refused, everyone on the case is refused - so the actual refused number is at least 289. Ghanaian selectees are significantly more likely to be refused than approved...

I tried to run some more checks, but this time just looked at the status of the principal applicant
1. when the principal applicant was issued ACC ISS.JPG

2.when the principal applicant was refused ACC REF.JPG

3. when the principal applicant was put on AP ACC AP.JPG

@Britsimon, I get your point on the refusal of the principal applicant but what is the faith of the family members, if the principal applicant is put on AP. Is there no chance of any of them getting the Visa (Assuming time is running out)

Reactions: oBj
@Britsimon, I get your point on the refusal of the principal applicant but what is the faith of the family members, if the principal applicant is put on AP. Is there no chance of any of them getting the Visa (Assuming time is running out)

A family member cannot get a visa if the principal applicant doesn't.

Guys, that is the state of Accra now.
View attachment 433

I was going through the data and found out that Accra has been busy updating Ceac data. Upadate was done on 25th, 27th, 30th, 31st and 1st. which means the data we have might be up to date, that might be the true state of events happening in Accra.
But the question I asked myself is are these updates for recent interviews or they are for interviews held long ago but they just delayed in the update
thanks for sharing. Man

pls i wil like to know when one shd check again if one is not selected in may. when can someone who was not selected in may check again if he or she has been selected

pls i wil like to know when one shd check again if one is not selected in may. when can someone who was not selected in may check again if he or she has been selected
It is in rare cases the tables are turned. There was once an algorithm error and the selection wasn't random. This bent KCC to redo the selection. Most people that got selected lost in the second run. But this time they are careful and ready to prevent such errors. After cross checking winners for double registration any selectee is considered valid. Perhaps if possible through the latter maybe they can draw again to make it up with the needed number. Please don't think about not being selected, ok? Hop for the better. Good luck.

It is in rare cases the tables are turned. There was once an algorithm error and the selection wasn't random. This bent KCC to redo the selection. Most people that got selected lost in the second run. But this time they are careful and ready to prevent such errors. After cross checking winners for double registration any selectee is considered valid. Perhaps if possible through the latter maybe they can draw again to make it up with the needed number. Please don't think about not being selected, ok? Hop for the better. Good luck.
thnks a lot

in 2011 i entered the dv loterry in May 2012 when i checked the esc i was informed that i wasn't selected and shd check back in october. I don't actually know if it was perculiar to only that year or its the norm

in 2011 i entered the dv loterry in May 2012 when i checked the esc i was informed that i wasn't selected and shd check back in october. I don't actually know if it was perculiar to only that year or its the norm
thats what i wanted to know. but if it is not so why are we asked to keep our comfirmation number till june 2016?

There have been a couple of years in the past when a second draw was done in October, if it looked like they would not meet the quota for the year. With the number of selectees this year, that's not needed, but KCC seems to continue to follow a "just in case" approach.

There have been a couple of years in the past when a second draw was done in October, if it looked like they would not meet the quota for the year. With the number of selectees this year, that's not needed, but KCC seems to continue to follow a "just in case" approach.
thnk a lot SusieQQQ

@Britsimon could you please clarify my thought on this problem, i have lived in two different countries not including my home country
do i need police certificate for each country i have been living in for the past three years or only where i last lived? in my case
country A 2013
country B 2014
country C 2015

@Britsimon could you please clarify my thought on this problem, i have lived in two different countries not including my home country
do i need police certificate for each country i have been living in for the past three years or only where i last lived? in my case
country A 2013
country B 2014
country C 2015

Follow the instructions...they are very clear for when you do and don't need a police certificate.... http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

thanks @SusieQQQ but just like the name order situations, i couldn't trust the ''instructions'' since they seem to have some sort of hidden meanings which some of us don't see more clearly so i just wanted to be extra sure if im doing the right thing

Huh? There is a table which clearly tells you when you need a PC. I'm not sure what "hidden meaning" you find other than 6 months/12 months/age...

Neither is there any "hidden meaning" on the name order instructions, by the way. First name, middle name, last name, nothing secret about it... I do understand in cultures where names may be used differently to the western way it can cause confusion and problems, but that is not anything to do with "hidden meanings" in the instructions and all that is needed is to follow the rules where they say list the same names as on official documents.

Too quiet on the page. From last Thursday to today Tuesday n still on a single page.

Any interview @ April? Am 28th. Is the dollar still 3.60 @ embassy?