• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

just cut I like you guys have been a silent follower of your thread ...... any ways changing the place was mentioned for fun *
Hahahahhahahh yea I got that joke. We will be pleased to have you here in accra but if you want to avoid AP you better stay in ya country. Lol

Thank you Pals, am a burundian happy to join this forum.My CN is 2015AF15***, are you sure that having interview in a third country increases Chances of AP? I am a Burundian, living in SWAZILAND and the interview location is in Johannesburg, SA. Burundi DV cases are prohoulcessed in Nairobi,Kenya.
I have genuine documents but I fear the worst AP. Should shift my interview to Nairobi to avoid possible AP? If I do so, what will be to my appointment date? my CN is next to published in VB. Any advice....

Thank you Pals, am a burundian happy to join this forum.My CN is 2015AF15***, are you sure that having interview in a third country increases Chances of AP? I am a Burundian, living in SWAZILAND and the interview location is in Johannesburg, SA. Burundi DV cases are prohoulcessed in Nairobi,Kenya.
I have genuine documents but I fear the worst AP. Should shift my interview to Nairobi to avoid possible AP? If I do so, what will be to my appointment date? my CN is next to published in VB. Any advice....

Hi @Omusizi great to have you here. I am not an expert in this so my understanding is based on what I have read so far( I maybe wrong). Selectees who have travelled to certain countries are mostly queried about their whereabouts or purpose of their travel to those countries and if there are suspicions, they MAY put you on AP to verify your claims. There is no guarantee that shifting your interview will prevent AP because AP can be placed on any selectee whether in native country or elsewhere.

No one can tell your appointment date except KCC. We can only guess the time frame based on your CN, VB and when u actually submitted the form. you should be Okay provided you have the necessary documents and police report from countries you've lived for a certain period.

"Burundi DV cases are prohoulcessed in Nairobi,Kenya." - I don't understand.

Johannesburg is an easy consulate and usually quite short queues. They are also quite used to processing people from many other African countries. I don't think it will increase your chances of AP. Just one thing, Johannesburg does almost always ask for some kind of proof of finances so make sure to take a bank statement or affidavit of support if you do it there.

Also note that if you ask for your interview location to be changed after your number has been published it can lead to quite significant delays, as the file will have been sent to the consulate already - so ithas to be moved to a new embassy and a space in the new embassy's schedule found.

Hi @Omusizi great to have you here. I am not an expert in this so my understanding is based on what I have read so far( I maybe wrong). Selectees who have travelled to certain countries are mostly queried about their whereabouts or purpose of their travel to those countries and if there are suspicions, they MAY put you on AP to verify your claims. There is no guarantee that shifting your interview will prevent AP because AP can be placed on any selectee whether in native country or elsewhere.

No one can tell your appointment date except KCC. We can only guess the time frame based on your CN, VB and when u actually submitted the form. you should be Okay provided you have the necessary documents and police report from countries you've lived for a certain period.

"Burundi DV cases are prohoulcessed in Nairobi,Kenya." - I don't understand.
Yap,Burundi,Uganda and Somalia Immigrants cases are processed in Nairobi.His Case might be current in December but as you mentioned ,traveling to some places might trigger some background checks-I stand to be corrected.I also think its too late or might delay the scheduling of his case for December Interview if he changes the Interview location.

guy's should u send the chest x-rays to the interview. .because I have checked everywhere but nothing was said abt it..they only talk about the sealed small envelope..

guy's should u send the chest x-rays to the interview. .because I have checked everywhere but nothing was said abt it..they only talk about the sealed small envelope..
The indication i'm getting is the x-rays are not accepted on the day of interview, rather, you must hand carry it when travelling to the US. If you have doubts, there is no harm carrying it to the embassy.

Google is your friend.... check via their website.
you are really a Ghanaian. answering question with question. is this how you will be answering your questions at the interview?
CO : do you have the contact number of the consulate office?
F-Lan: Google is your friend.... check via their website

anyway, nothing dey

you are really a Ghanaian. answering question with question. is this how you will be answering your questions at the interview?
CO : do you have the contact number of the consulate office?
F-Lan: Google is your friend.... check via their website

anyway, nothing dey

Are you really planning to immigrate to the U.S.? Need to start learning how to take the initiative my friend.