• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

"With the high refusal rate in Accra. I
don't know how safe I am with this
issue
Entry name(initial dv lottery entry);
Surname: IDDRISU ALI
Firstname: ALHASSAN
Full name: IDDRISU ALI ALHASSAN
All other documents(including ds260)
Surname: IDDRISU
firstmane: ALI ALHASSAN
Full name: IDDRISU ALI ALHASSAN
I was in Niger and registered over there
in a cafe and communication was a
problem and state of chageability is also
Niger instead of Ghana but that I learnt
won't affect it.
How serious is this especially in Accra.
Guess i don't have a chace"
Britsinon this is what Obj posted about his issue. Could be that the CO was right with regards to change of country of birth?

So I have seen what Mom posted above and somewhat agree - but I think this is a combination of factors that caused the denial.

First there is the name. From what you have said OBJ applied as someone called "ALHASSAN IDDRISU ALI". That is entirely different to someone called "ALI ALHASSAN IDDRISU" which in western use would become "ALI IDDRISU". That is strike 1 which by itself might have earned a disqualification (although some COs would forgive it if it were the only mistake on an otherwise perfect case.

Second there is the country of chargeability. That is a clear "untruth" and again, by itself is a serious mistake. However, I would expect that mistake to have been overlooked if that was the only issue (the rules specifically mention mistakes about country can be overlooked if the region is the same and the selectee gained no benefit from a genuine mistake. But it wasn't the only issue - the name error was also there and both things added together would give the CO cause for suspicion that the selectee was somehow trying to hide the identity. If the CO questioned OBJ about the country error, the statement that the internet connection in the cafe caused the incorrect choice would have infuriated the CO - as it makes NO SENSE at all. If you can choose Niger, you can choose Ghana. Again, that response (if it was asked) would just give the impression that OBJ had something to hide.

Lastly there is the embassy location. They deny lots of cases not because they are strict, but because the levels of fraudulent cases (documents etc) in that area of Africa is very high. This means COs are used to "creative" cases and have lots of practice spotting those cases and issuing a denial. So - in this case the case could have been denied anywhere but looking at the details of the case it is not that surprising that the case was denied. That is a great shame, but OBJ has very kindly shared his story as a teaching lesson for others and has accepted his fate with grace. I hope Karma will give him another chance, or perhaps something else more interesting in store for him.

I am very much greatful to OBJ for honestly sharing his experience, like Brit. Said and I may add that not many people will be kind to others by giving this kind of detail, because of this it is my prayer that God will give him grace to be selected once again. Obj has said that he believe that their record can be wrong so obj must have expected some thing like this . Giving my own experience in the pass, while I do hope and pray every day to be successful at my interview , it is also my prayers that God will help me to accept what ever result and to be able to share my experience that will be a help to others.

From what I have read, KCC will do a back ground check on each case and notified the embassy of any case that have some supesion. I am not certain but I do believe they can have access if they need info

I am very much greatful to OBJ for honestly sharing his experience, like Brit. Said and I may add that not many people will be kind to others by giving this kind of detail, because of this it is my prayer that God will give him grace to be selected once again. Obj has said that he believe that their record can be wrong so obj must have expected some thing like this . Giving my own experience in the pass, while I do hope and pray every day to be successful at my interview , it is also my prayers that God will help me to accept what ever result and to be able to share my experience that will be a help to others.
Thanks very much buddy but I said "I don't want to believe that is wrong"
I know you will make me happy with a success story.

Does the embassy have access to data of people who entered the lottery but were not seleccted?
Not sure about all data but I do know that at least in one sense they do,which is the photo recognition software that is one way they check for duplicate entries.

Tears can never stop flowing. Gods time is the best. When your passport is taken and only again to be returned to you another day.
We do know that no matter the amount of tears flowing, one will have to pause crying just to sneeze. Can you please explain clearly to us.

Tears can never stop flowing. Gods time is the best. When your passport is taken and only again to be returned to you another day.
I didn't want to share my first interview experience cos wanted to be sure of today first.

My experience
Went to the embassy two weeks ago. Sat under the trees. They came and opened the door. Security checks as usual. Entered and a fair lady who wanted money from us took us through. DV people were 5. We took docs to Window 1 and given a sheet to fill and asked to wait for the cashier. We paid and submitted the form back to window 1. Took the forms somewhere. Lots of people there. Started calling names. First DV applicant was a man and his family and voila were approved. Second person was refused. A guy who sat by me. He said the CO told him dat he didn't comply with the rules. Gave him a sheet with the reason. The guy was shocked cos he sed nothing was wrong. My turn now. Was called. Went there. He said he cant give me the visa now but should come on 30th and gave me a sheet.

Today 30th....
Went there early. Usual checkins. Was sure of going for my visa cos most guys that were refused took their passports. My turn came again. He said he would have offered to give the visa to me but I dont qualify educationally. I said, "are u kidin me". Asked him why and he jus handed me back my documents and the refusal letter. I have cried at the embassy today. If anybody here went to the embassy today Asomdwee Wura is the guy that the security people came to pick from the floor. The one the white lady was consoling. The CO didnt even wan me to talk. I have been refused.

Guys..... I don know how they do their eviction but these people are something else. He even took my degree and looked at it for some seconds and SHS cert. What a shock. Still in a car though to my house. Hmmm.

I didn't want to share my first interview experience cos wanted to be sure of today first.

My experience
Went to the embassy two weeks ago. Sat under the trees. They came and opened the door. Security checks as usual. Entered and a fair lady who wanted money from us took us through. DV people were 5. We took docs to Window 1 and given a sheet to fill and asked to wait for the cashier. We paid and submitted the form back to window 1. Took the forms somewhere. Lots of people there. Started calling names. First DV applicant was a man and his family and voila were approved. Second person was refused. A guy who sat by me. He said the CO told him dat he didn't comply with the rules. Gave him a sheet with the reason. The guy was shocked cos he sed nothing was wrong. My turn now. Was called. Went there. He said he cant give me the visa now but should come on 30th and gave me a sheet.

Today 30th....
Went there early. Usual checkins. Was sure of going for my visa cos most guys that were refused took their passports. My turn came again. He said he would have offered to give the visa to me but I dont qualify educationally. I said, "are u kidin me". Asked him why and he jus handed me back my documents and the refusal letter. I have cried at the embassy today. If anybody here went to the embassy today Asomdwee Wura is the guy that the security people came to pick from the floor. The one the white lady was consoling. The CO didnt even wan me to talk. I have been refused.

Guys..... I don know how they do their eviction but these people are something else. He even took my degree and looked at it for some seconds and SHS cert. What a shock. Still in a car though to my house. Hmmm.

Sorry to read that. What education level have you attained?

My experience

Today 30th....

Sorry to hear that. :(

My experience

Today 30th....

Oooo Lawd av mercy!

My experience

Today 30th....

In asmuchas we sympathize with your case, I think it’s not right to “play” forum members by posting untruths. Let’s be honest with our postings at all times, afterall most of us are anonymous on this forum and it wouldn’t serve anybody any good...saying you were approved and now denied- it puts your credibility on the line. If we aren’t ready to share our details please let’s hold our peace entirely until we are ready. My humble opinion. ( “play”, in this case, is an euphemism for deception.) sorry for the refusal.

Last edited:
Massa I dey ooo. I was shocked, so decided to keep quiet and read messages. I thank God you are not broken down by it. Always keep in mind there will surely be "A Better Tomorrow"
True, I felt sad when I was refused a visitor visa...I said to myself “life goes on and there will surely be a better tomorrow” and today HERE I AM WITH A DV VISA. Keep on knocking cos oneday, someone at the otherside will hear you and open the door..

Last edited: