• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@Simon will update his experience tomorrow here God willing.

Murithi was at Embassy today for his interview, he was asked to come again tomorrow because he had filled in his wife's and his form but missed out on his kid's form. A lady at the counter gave him a note explaining how to retrieve that form online and also to call her incase if he's stuck. I have no kids so I do not know the form in question here. But tomorrow morning the visa is hopefully his.

Will update you more.

Murithi was at Embassy today for his interview, he was asked to come again tomorrow because he had filled in his wife's and his form but missed out on his kid's form. A lady at the counter gave him a note explaining how to retrieve that form online and also to call her incase if he's stuck. I have no kids so I do not know the form in question here. But tomorrow morning the visa is hopefully his.

Will update you more.

Which form is it? DS260 or is there any other form to be filled?

It goes like this:
We arrived at 2.05 p.m new jersey time which is 8 hours time difference to nairobi.
I went straight to the immigration desk where we presented a simple customs declaration form we(regardless of your origin even American citizens filled it) while on air.
Officer :Why have you come to America?
Me : I am here as a dv lottery winner..
Officer : Winner
Me : Yes immigrant
Officer : Checks and scan my passport and picks my yellow envelop,scan my finger prints(right only) and takes photo of face
Officer : Follow me sir-gets out of his desk and followed him to another waiting room where MOST people weer screened further
Me : Waited like 30 min-while other guys(mostly from west africa and Asia) who were also in that room were being called and requested to enter again in another room
Officer : After 30 min -come sign for me here and thats was it
Me: : I got out of the room and exited without picking my bag from the customs
Officers : I stayed another 1 whole hour as my left laggage went through more screening by the customs
Host : Came and picked me
Very happy for you Simon, We praise the LORD for this...indeed EBENEZER! May God sustain you all through!

hi guys my interview is in two weeks from now but my question is how can i know if knec has sent my kcse statement o the embassy ? should i go to knec or should i phone the embassy?

@Simon i see your having a blast........ and it is true in usa hakuna kuzuba you must be up and running.......the best way is even though you have an odd job just enjoy doing it unless you have the cash to go back to school immediately .....plus there are alot of of destruction ......

I would request for a slow take-through on one thing I do not understand. I am new and still learning though. I have read all the posts on this forum and even the links herein as had been directed so. My question therefore friends, just tacking a previous one I asked.. You guys are experts and can help. Looking at the fact that Nigeria has been left out and Ethiopia and Egypt slowed. Last year, Nigeria got the largest percentage of the immigrants to the US, having been slowed as well. This year, Africans had about 120,000 selectees. I do not know if that is still right?? But if Nigeria which took a major percentage is left out,is that not good news to kenyans and other countries? That even if they may reach 81,000,they will now spread it to other countries? I noticed that kenya last year had less than 4000,does it mean that there is a specific number of visas reserved which when exhausted will automatically lock others out? My number is a bit high though not as high as 80,000. I do not want to project using the last year and the previous year's experience, but at less than 71000,there should be hope for Africa,right? I read a blog by Big1simo was struggling to get it. Actually, I have read almost all the bulletins in the last four years and the summary statistics but it seems there are things only the experts can get to explain. Finally,is it right to call KCC to find out on the information on the impact of exclusion and how it is to affect Africa? I will appreciate your response forum mates. Remember,I am new and with little knowledge on this but with great desire to travel to this land and since I so much to gain there. But I also do not wish to invest hopes then get disappointed. Explain to me like a child..Thank you guys

Will update you more.
Thats strange!!! which from is this?

I would request for a slow take-through on one thing I do not understand. I am new and still learning though. I have read all the posts on this forum and even the links herein as had been directed so. My question therefore friends, just tacking a previous one I asked.. You guys are experts and can help. Looking at the fact that Nigeria has been left out and Ethiopia and Egypt slowed. Last year, Nigeria got the largest percentage of the immigrants to the US, having been slowed as well. This year, Africans had about 120,000 selectees. I do not know if that is still right?? But if Nigeria which took a major percentage is left out,is that not good news to kenyans and other countries? That even if they may reach 81,000,they will now spread it to other countries? I noticed that kenya last year had less than 4000,does it mean that there is a specific number of visas reserved which when exhausted will automatically lock others out? My number is a bit high though not as high as 80,000. I do not want to project using the last year and the previous year's experience, but at less than 71000,there should be hope for Africa,right? I read a blog by Big1simo was struggling to get it. Actually, I have read almost all the bulletins in the last four years and the summary statistics but it seems there are things only the experts can get to explain. Finally,is it right to call KCC to find out on the information on the impact of exclusion and how it is to affect Africa? I will appreciate your response forum mates. Remember,I am new and with little knowledge on this but with great desire to travel to this land and since I so much to gain there. But I also do not wish to invest hopes then get disappointed. Explain to me like a child..Thank you guys
Some good analysis:Am not that good at prediction and analysis:I aslo would like to know:Britssimon,sussie,Mom and Vladek are very good at this-Wait for their input

Will update you more.
Ooh I remember him mentioning to me about a baby child whose mother I think died and was now taking care of it:
And perhaps he might have omitted it in one of the forms(ds 260):I met him on different times and we shared a lot and am sure this case is very very genuine.. and not need to worry

Some good analysis:Am not that good at prediction and analysis:I aslo would like to know:Britssimon,sussie,Mom and Vladek are very good at this-Wait for their input
Simo,thanks. Yes I have simply been doing much reading to be on the safe side. I know this might help me in planning Simo. I still have much faith that going with statistics,still it will be possible for Africa to hit 81000

Ooh I remember him mentioning to me about a baby child whose mother I think died and was now taking care of it:
And perhaps he might have omitted it in one of the forms(ds 260):I met him on different times and we shared a lot and am sure this case is very very genuine.. and not need to worry

If he didn't include the kid on DS260, it means there is no visa available for this specific month for the kid. I don't understand how it is happening. Whether he is biological father or had adopted the kid, he had to fill the kid on DS260 form. If he had failed to do this and the embassy told him to correct the form and come back on tomorrow, he must be lucky.

Simo,thanks. Yes I have simply been doing much reading to be on the safe side. I know this might help me in planning Simo. I still have much faith that going with statistics,still it will be possible for Africa to hit 81000
of course:I don't want to put figures in my prediction as some of our good brothers are beyond this figure and and would be too early to discourage them:On a lighter note there might not be a big difference from last years

of course:I don't want to put figures in my prediction as some of our good brothers are beyond this figure and and would be too early to discourage them:On a lighter note there might not be a big difference from last years
I think I need this encouragement bro. I hope things work as per God's plan. It makes one uncomfy for such high numbers.