• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Exactly the info I was looking for. So it's safer to carry along the school reports and some course text books from here. Thanks @SusieQQQ

Oh one other thing you may want to look online for something that shows equivalency in grades between the U.S. and Kenya. I know for SA there was actually something by the U.S. embassy. For example in the US 80% or an A is not nearly as special a grade as it might be elsewhere. In another country 60-something % might be seen as an average grade but in the U.S it's quite a bad one. So bring something for the school to be able to interpret the numbers on the report card!

Oh one other thing you may want to look online for something that shows equivalency in grades between the U.S. and Kenya. I know for SA there was actually something by the U.S. embassy. For example in the US 80% or an A is not nearly as special a grade as it might be elsewhere. In another country 60-something % might be seen as an average grade but in the U.S it's quite a bad one. So bring something for the school to be able to interpret the numbers on the report card!
Great. That's exactly what I concluded from the ua earlier response. Better to carry along all relevant school academic documents. Thanks and gdnite from Nairobi. (Good day for u perhaps)

My wife will be present at the interview alone in a different embassy, does she need like a copy of my foreign resident card just in case?

Simon,you might have misunderstood my point,this forum is meant to educate those who perhaps are not enlightened with dv process.yes am very new in this eduacative sight and may be haven't served for 10yrs like you but,wisdom is greater than knowledge,, hit the nail on the head without ignoring some crusial points which might be of great help to the dv selectees.

Simon,you might have misunderstood my point,this forum is meant to educate those who perhaps are not enlightened with dv process.yes am very new in this eduacative sight and may be haven't served for 10yrs like you but,wisdom is greater than knowledge,, hit the nail on the head without ignoring some crusial points which might be of great help to the dv selectees.
I agree with you.one thing I have come to know is that there is always the standard way of doing things, and sometimes people due to different environments abd background tgey dometimes dont s K wats follow wgat everybody dies as long as uts legally acceptable.

Thank you Mr consular officer for your mere recommendation,which embassy do you work for?as a matter of fact have never seen you in Nairobi us embassy,you talking of background ha!I presume you come from the same environment where Jesus Christ was brought up,,good for you,,but stop telling people if you step in Obamas land everything will be smooth like sand in the ocean,,,this not a small heaven where one is provided with luxurious life,intact you have to work extra harder to achieve your goals and the same case applies to any other place in the world,dv holders including myself should keep in mind that us government will never treat you special than others because you've worn greencard.I like sussie qqq,britsimon and other who don't misleed us.men take it easy.all the best my brother.acha xaxa nijinice

Thank you Mr consular officer for your mere recommendation,which embassy do you work for?as a matter of fact have never seen you in Nairobi us embassy,you talking of background ha!I presume you come from the same environment where Jesus Christ was brought up,,good for you,,but stop telling people if you step in Obamas land everything will be smooth like sand in the ocean,,,this not a small heaven where one is provided with luxurious life,intact you have to work extra harder to achieve your goals and the same case applies to any other place in the world,dv holders including myself should keep in mind that us government will never treat you special than others because you've worn greencard.I like sussie qqq,britsimon and other who don't misleed us.men take it easy.all the best my brother.acha xaxa nijinice
Kamau, my other name is njuguna or to make it clear am a kikuyu (same tribe as your) and am surprised by your comments.i gain nothing giving the other side of the untold story.you sound abusive to imply that you only start working hard when you immigrate to america.everyone in this forum had a past life and lived an independent life.no one received help from the government of kenya that he needs an extension in america.for that reason, this could be my last post in this forum as you sound to be one of those who have just realized it's only in America where you work hard - I would wish to know how you spend your life in kenya....bye

Hi friends...happy new year...I have been away for awhile now and a lot has happened on the forum. It very cold over here and trying to settle in with my new work place. Please feel free to send me messages. I will try to respond to them as often as I can. Nice weekend

@Simon, thanks a lot. I have read the info in the link. When you enroll your last born let me know how it goes please as you will be doing so in the middle of the school year. I appreciate your effort to provide this information. I have followed your input all along even before you did the interview with CO at Nairobi and it's been quite resourceful. Keep up the good work. All is well in Kenya and in Kiambu which is my hometown too. Thanks.

On a lighter note,to respond to your concern,I would give you personal scenarios where out of my Kenyan background and my new found place USA I have CUSTOMIZED or TAILOR MADE the system to work in my favor;This exactly what I meant,There is always a standard way of doing things:

Why is it always good to customize your Resume for a particular JOB,does that mean you have to lie?NO
America is a SYSTEM LED GOVERNMENT-No SHORTCUTS,NO BRIBES and every Law,Bylaw are followed to the letter.
However,sometimes the systems / decision makers have some allowance in determining your case depending on how you present yourself;

PERSONAL EXPEREINCE

1) I attended my Interview on 4th Nov 2014

2) I landed in America in 16 days later (21st Nov 2014)

3) How I secured my first job 8 days after landing in USA & before receiving my Social Security;
I just followed my two friends who were invited for an interview (gatecrashed) and I humbly requested the HR to consider me.
The HR later told me He liked my Boldness and for that reason he reserved a slot for me until such time I present my SSN.
I received my social the same day and the following day I signed my Job offer and started working on 8th December 2014.
No recruiting agencies involved

4) After presenting their VALID KENYAN DRIVERS LICENSE almost all those I talked had to under go a mandatory Road TEST after passing their computer test.
This consequently delayed their acquisition of a drivers license to a period of 1-3 moths.
However, for my case after presetting my License I was Exempted the ROAD TEST and within 40 minutes I had my Unrestricted Drivers License.

5) 30 days after entering USA I bought a traded in car from a dealer (online) at only $ 1,500/= cash (They told me its a new year gift as well as $ 100 gift voucher.Amazing!!!
6) 60 days after entering USA January 21st 2015 I have secured my second job (well paying).
7) In Kenya my wife and I were on self employment and we worked a minimum of 12 hours a day each,Its not In America that I have woken from my slumber and realized I should be working as somebody earlier implied.I have existing projects in Kenya and am sure once my family joins me in February or early march 2015 I will be able to make some savings here as well as remit over $1,000/= each month @john kamau This is not rhetoric but a true testimony

@Simon, thanks a lot. I have read the info in the link. When you enroll your last born let me know how it goes please as you will be doing so in the middle of the school year. I appreciate your effort to provide this information. I have followed your input all along even before you did the interview with CO at Nairobi and it's been quite resourceful. Keep up the good work. All is well in Kenya and in Kiambu which is my hometown too. Thanks.
Welcome and thanks for your appreciation.From the link,you have realized that it is possible to enroll a child without the doctors report but you have to present it within 30 days while when the child is already in school...TRUE!!?.I write most of my articles or replies during my 30 minutes lunch time and sometimes,I don't even have time to go through the wordings.It is and will always be my passion seeing people succeed.(Extract from the link;
A. Proof shall be furnished of immunization against communicable diseases at the time of enrollment or such immunization shall be completed with 30 days of entry into the school;

Last edited:
Welcome and thanks for your appreciation.From the link,you have realized that it is possible to enroll a child without the doctors report but you have to present it within 30 days while when the child is already in school...TRUE!!?.I write most of my articles or replies during my 30 minutes lunch time and sometimes,I don't even have time to go through the wordings.It is and will always be my passion seeing people succeed.(Extract from the link;
A. Proof shall be furnished of immunization against communicable diseases at the time of enrollment or such immunization shall be completed with 30 days of entry into the school;

This applies to your school district, not to all of them. In my school district the children will not be allowed in before they get proof of immunization. No leeway for waiting after entry. They also specifically list what vaccinations need to be done, not just "communicable diseases"!

Perhaps a note for others reading this who may get confused or misled by certain postings. There is not a lot that is completely standardised across the U.S. Every state has different laws, on everything from driving to who gets welfare. Every school district has different rules. You can pay different taxes from one town to the next even. People need to understand what is relevant where they are going to. Just like the original DV interview, the best course of action is to be as prepared as you can be.

This applies to your school district, not to all of them. In my school district the children will not be allowed in before they get proof of immunization. No leeway for waiting after entry. They also specifically list what vaccinations need to be done, not just "communicable diseases"!
Susie will my 1yr old gal require the booster jabs? And where do I get the vaccination documentation worksheet? Thanks

Last edited:
...I always give case studies (and i gave Maryland where my friends took his kids and how the the entire process took place.) I always in my opinion encourage immigrants to goggle theirs states rules,BUT YOU ALWAYS WATER DOWN my first hand experiences-In your comment you are quoted to say children are NEVER ALLOWED in school without completion of immunization.After I have given this link,you make an about turn and now say...IN MY STATE YOU KNOW!!....AM NOT IN OPINION COMPETITION WITH ANYONE.

Perhaps a note for others reading this who may get confused or misled by certain postings. There is not a lot that is completely standardised across the U.S. Every state has different laws, on everything from driving to who gets welfare. Every school district has different rules. You can pay different taxes from one town to the next even. People need to understand what is relevant where they are going to. Just like the original DV interview, the best course of action is to be as prepared as you can be.
All my opinions are based on facts (I always state real CASE STUDIES) and encourage readers and members to Google for rules that will apply in their states.More to that and surprisingly @SusieQQQ, I would like to tell you that there are certain DYNAMICS that apply to Kenyans here in the USA and to be candid enough-Kenyans community take hosting as a privileged and this might be unknown to you @SusieQQQ.Am sure you are not ready to host any of our Kenyan immigrants and therefore when I talk of real life experiences-don't just water it down,you immigrated the other day to the USA and you have NO audacity lecturing to me your Mastering of USA life.

All my opinions are based on facts (I always state real CASE STUDIES) and encourage readers and members to Google for rules that will apply in their states.More to that and surprisingly @SusieQQQ, I would like to tell you that there are certain DYNAMICS that apply to Kenyans here in the USA and to be candid enough-Kenyans community take hosting as a privileged and this might be unknown to you @SusieQQQ.Am sure you are not ready to host any of our Kenyan immigrants and therefore when I talk of real life experiences-don't just water it down,you immigrated the other day to the USA and you have NO audacity lecturing to me your Mastering of USA life.

Oh dear Simon, I "immigrated" the other day yes but my father has lived here since 1988, his wife is american, my sister is american, I have spent plenty of time in the US over the years... Plenty. You may not know this,but I was approved for a family based petition and waiting for my priority date to be current when we won the lottery.

You have started telling people to google after being called out. I am also still waiting for any evidence you can show me about your "fact" that people get shopping coupons for the first five years after birth regardless of income, a claim you stated twice, but that you cannot appear to find a "case study" for. And yes I'm sure there are "Kenyan dynamics" but these are not going to change the rules of a school system. Of course they make life easier for a Kenyan immigrant, you have a host who gives you a home and takes you around and you don't have the pressure others do of having to find somewhere to stay, having to pay deposit for a rental, find furniture and so on. I understand that it makes your transition easier. But it doesn't change American laws and rules.

Last edited:
Susie will my 1yr old gal require the booster jabs? And where do I get the vaccination documentation worksheet? Thanks

The panel doctor who does the medical will tell you what she needs, and will also give you the completed worksheet after the medical.