• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

VISA APPROVED.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

1.WHEN DID YOU CLEAR HIGH SCHOOL AND WHAT DID YOU DO AFTER THAT.
2.WHERE ARE YOU WORKING CURRENTLY.
3.HAVE YOU EVER WORKED IN THE MILITARY.
4.HAS ANY OF YOU BEING MARRIED BEFORE.
5.APART FROM THIS CHILD DO YOU HAVE OTHER KIDS.
5. WHERE DO YOU PLAN TO LIVE IN THE US,WHAT IS HIS NAME AND RELATION.

THAT WAS ALL THEN HE ASK THE KID HE HE WAS HAPPY TO GO TO AMERICAN.

Congrats once again. God Bless you !

And we are talking about interview here, I know nothing about naturalization. I only quote what interviewees share with us. Yes it was raised in his interview plus one or two more issues
Bottom line- even if the guy at the cyber or anyone helps out in filling the form, get to know exactly what is in the form. I am alluding to why Ms Dada' friends inquiry and a common scenario here between applicants and cybers

@usken go @SusieQQQ

One told me that he was directed to the page but since it wasn't opening he didn't bother even knowing what it was.

The other one told me net was very low and he too ignored the above page.

the last one told me he never came across this page.

All of those who told me have missed out on the form have filled in their DS260's themselves, I have reconfirmed with them.

dada who is going for interview this week?

This week ? No idea.

I knew of the batch that had interviews last week, and yesterday.

I know of a few in February and a few in January.

Cant recall names, but have them on whatsapp group.

Know of a few selectees between 35K and 45K in the whatsapp group , you should be in their batch.

@manyash can you please post your contact on my profile.

just finished paying the USCIS immigration fee......:)

NB:
you must be super careful when filling your details.:oops::oops:
if you have no idea how to pay using your visa card(which is like easy) go to you bank with the card ,a form which you will be given after interview and your passport.
every step make sure your details are correct...at some point their is no going back.
do not tap on the submit button twice you will be charged twice.:mad:
do not be in a harry that page is not going anywhere.o_O:mad:
after payments you will receive an email (like a receipt )
do not assume that you have not been charged (in case you dont get an email) .....you can wait till the next day to check your statement.and if you have a good bank they will send you a text .....:D

FYI if you have never bought anything online .... kindly do not experiment with this........(try ebay first))o_O:confused::mad:

all the best guys......:cool::p:);)

am going to stato next week......:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:;):)

Last edited:
The way you prefer to respond to posts here is sometimes shockingly abrasive. you pick fights where there are none and just rub off people.My last ever reference to you.

Promise?
You apparently forgot already how thankful you were for my helping you with something the other day, and to think I nearly didn't because of your propensity to argue like this before. No skin off my nose what you do, as I and others have already been through the process successfully and do not rely on he said she said on the net. All the best of luck with your move. However, if you do post misleading or confusing statements again, I will call them out because it is not fair to other posters who you may confuse.

@usken go @SusieQQQ

One told me that he was directed to the page but since it wasn't opening he didn't bother even knowing what it was.

The other one told me net was very low and he too ignored the above page.

the last one told me he never came across this page.

All of those who told me have missed out on the form have filled in their DS260's themselves, I have reconfirmed with them.

I hear what you are saying but - "didn't bother to read the page" is probably not a very solid defense for something as important as this. I've seen a number of people who said they could not complete submission of the DS260 without checking a box as to this so don't know about the person who says he never came across it - are you sure he is of the correct age for selective service? It is not automatic for all applications, only those with males 18-26 years.

Wow .. LOL for the experimenting tip ! :p

Have a safe flight. Also, dont forget to update us on your arrival experience at POE and the SSN and GC wait journey.

Be blessed dear.
thanx......... i will keep you posted kwanza on the things to carry and not to carry when flying assuming its someones first time.......... am also learning along the way and ill give details as i move on........
wish all the best...

Wait.. Are some people claiming there is an option for selective service on DS260? Hell No!

What Susie is saying is that the form is a "pop up" based on the applicant being a male between the ages of 18 to 26. Did you fill in the form for someone who matches that criteria?

No, I have not filled for someone matching that category but I know that the form is filled at the Yaounde Embassy at the time of interview.

No, I have not filled for someone matching that category but I know that the form is filled at the Yaounde Embassy at the time of interview.

OK, that certainly would have been the case previously (before the DS260) and perhaps now if the DS260 form forces it. The popup itself might be bl;ocked for some people (browser popup blocker). Either way - the form is done - so it isn't a big deal... nothing to get excited about...

Similar story had happened in 2014 on one of Ethiopian applicant called @Tew. I share the interview experience of @Tew if it helps.

"......... Not even 10 secs later, he said 'actually, hold on. Give me back your birth certificate.' He then looked at it and said 'ah yes, your name doesn't match the birth certificate.' It does - but it's difficult to understand for foreigners. For instance, H/Mariam is the same as Hailemariam. An Ethiopian knows this instinctively, but obviously a foreigner has no clue what the H would stand for. He told me to wait and went to the back, I assume to find an Ethiopian officer who could explain it matched my name on my passport. Then he came back and said 'It's fine', and returned it to me, ....."

you can get the full page here.

www.forums.immigration.com/threads/dv2014-ethiopian-selectees.16/page-2
nice one

OK, that certainly would have been the case previously (before the DS260) and perhaps now if the DS260 form forces it. The popup itself might be bl;ocked for some people (browser popup blocker). Either way - the form is done - so it isn't a big deal... nothing to get excited about...

I may have misunderstood but from what I had seen I thought the pop-up was not the registration as such but a notice warning the applicant that it is something they need to do after entry? In the past it must not have been automatically done at the embassy because there were various immigrants, including DV, who reported finding out the hard way that they were supposed to have done this after entry but didn't realise it.

The way you prefer to respond to posts here is sometimes shockingly abrasive. you pick fights where there are none and just rub off people.My last ever reference to you.
non-sequitur-I had to refer to my dictionary to understand what @SusieQQQ meant.
Anyway;the road to DV-is sometimes bumpy and rough and @usken brought about a very relevant topic which to me should NOT have ended without getting to BOTTOM of the matter.
I always read,envy and like your contributions,I hope we keep the spirit of the forum high.

just finished paying the USCIS immigration fee......:)

NB:
you must be super careful when filling your details.:oops::oops:
if you have no idea how to pay using your visa card(which is like easy) go to you bank with the card ,a form which you will be given after interview and your passport.
every step make sure your details are correct...at some point their is no going back.
do not tap on the submit button twice you will be charged twice.:mad:
do not be in a harry that page is not going anywhere.o_O:mad:
after payments you will receive an email (like a receipt )
do not assume that you have not been charged (in case you dont get an email) .....you can wait till the next day to check your statement.and if you have a good bank they will send you a text .....:D

FYI if you have never bought anything online .... kindly do not experiment with this........(try ebay first))o_O:confused::mad:

all the best guys......:cool::p:);)

am going to stato next week......:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:;):)
Now since @Nayfara is coming over before year ends-I have some few questions to ask.

TAX RETURNS-How is she going to fill her tax returns if he gets the SSN (do you have a family)?
TAX CLAIM-If she has family members back at home( to join her later on and doesn't have a job yet)?
For my case @Simon what advise can I get since am now working and the rest of my family is back at home(kenya)-what kind of claim should make9myself alone or even families)
About Insurance-At workplace -am being asked to take an insurance cove,should I take for me alone and later on add my family or can my family members take a different insurance plan.? @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @mom and all members. I also heard that claims can go as high as $10,000 for a family of 4 is it true?.

Now since @Nayfara is coming over before year ends-I have some few questions to ask.

TAX RETURNS-How is she going to fill her tax returns if he gets the SSN (do you have a family)?
TAX CLAIM-If she has family members back at home( to join her later on and doesn't have a job yet)?
For my case @Simon what advise can I get since am now working and the rest of my family is back at home(kenya)-what kind of claim should make9myself alone or even families)
About Insurance-At workplace -am being asked to take an insurance cove,should I take for me alone and later on add my family or can my family members take a different insurance plan.? @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @mom and all members. I also heard that claims can go as high as $10,000 for a family of 4 is it true?.

About healthplans, the more "affordable" plans tend to have higher risk. So yes, if you we to make a claim, your total exposure for the family could be high. You need to check that with your company - some basic info available at the link below.

About whether to cover your family now. Again check with your company whether you will be able to add them at a later date. Typically you can only make changes such as that if you experience a "life event" (things like moving, getting married, having a baby and so on). Otherwise you make choices that cover a period of a whole year - so you might choose to cover them now to make sure they have cover when they arrive. Getting them interim cover until they could get on your plan will be expensive. Adding family onto your existing plan is usually much cheaper - so wasting a couple of months might be worthwhile.

http://britsimonsays.com/about-health-insurance-in-the-usa-some-explanation/