• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

It's about a dv2015 guy not in the forum.

So he can't possibly have applied for naturalization then, so I don't understand the point of the story? As said above it is not a disqualifying factor for a DV interview. The problem comes in when someone wants to be a citizen. As you said the CO raised the matter with him he cannot claim ignorance any more.

And we are talking about interview here, I know nothing about naturalization. I only quote what interviewees share with us. Yes it was raised in his interview plus one or two more issues
Bottom line- even if the guy at the cyber or anyone helps out in filling the form, get to know exactly what is in the form. I am alluding to why Ms Dada' friends inquiry and a common scenario here between applicants and cybers

hello guys! i recently realised that my middle name on my kcse certificate is abbreviated( my last and first name are all correctly spelled)..should i be worried?..any advice

hello guys! i recently realised that my middle name on my kcse certificate is abbreviated( my last and first name are all correctly spelled)..should i be worried?..any advice

Similar story had happened in 2014 on one of Ethiopian applicant called @Tew. I share the interview experience of @Tew if it helps.

"......... Not even 10 secs later, he said 'actually, hold on. Give me back your birth certificate.' He then looked at it and said 'ah yes, your name doesn't match the birth certificate.' It does - but it's difficult to understand for foreigners. For instance, H/Mariam is the same as Hailemariam. An Ethiopian knows this instinctively, but obviously a foreigner has no clue what the H would stand for. He told me to wait and went to the back, I assume to find an Ethiopian officer who could explain it matched my name on my passport. Then he came back and said 'It's fine', and returned it to me, ....."

you can get the full page here.

www.forums.immigration.com/threads/dv2014-ethiopian-selectees.16/page-2

VISA APPROVED.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

1.WHEN DID YOU CLEAR HIGH SCHOOL AND WHAT DID YOU DO AFTER THAT.
2.WHERE ARE YOU WORKING CURRENTLY.
3.HAVE YOU EVER WORKED IN THE MILITARY.
4.HAS ANY OF YOU BEING MARRIED BEFORE.
5.APART FROM THIS CHILD DO YOU HAVE OTHER KIDS.
5. WHERE DO YOU PLAN TO LIVE IN THE US,WHAT IS HIS NAME AND RELATION.

THAT WAS ALL THEN HE ASK THE KID HE HE WAS HAPPY TO GO TO AMERICAN.

VISA APPROVED.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

congra. That's good news to hear

And we are talking about interview here, I know nothing about naturalization. I only quote what interviewees share with us. Yes it was raised in his interview plus one or two more issues
Bottom line- even if the guy at the cyber or anyone helps out in filling the form, get to know exactly what is in the form. I am alluding to why Ms Dada' friends inquiry and a common scenario here between applicants and cybers

Good grief. The matter was settled, I thought it important to raise a potential very important complication that they may not have been aware of, then you come in at a non-sequitur and start a merry go round. You could at least have mentioned you were going steps back in the conversation rather than just respond to the latest post which is what made your response look illogical.

The link to that form stops from completing the ds260 until you attend to the attached form! How did they miss that unless someone else filled out their forms?
B.Simon is right but if they are going to carry this ignorance to the interview, certainly it is unwise
I doubt if there is any who got exempted,the ONLY way this could have happened is if he erred in typing his age.Tell the person to come out and explain it correctly

VISA APPROVED.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

congratulations.

Good grief. The matter was settled, I thought it important to raise a potential very important complication that they may not have been aware of, then you come in at a non-sequitur and start a merry go round. You could at least have mentioned you were going steps back in the conversation rather than just respond to the latest post which is what made your response look illogical.
The way you prefer to respond to posts here is sometimes shockingly abrasive. you pick fights where there are none and just rub off people.My last ever reference to you.

VISA APPROVED.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

Happy for you.All the best

The link to that form stops from completing the ds260 until you attend to the attached form! How did they miss that unless someone else filled out their forms?
B.Simon is right but if they are going to carry this ignorance to the interview, certainly it is unwise

Agree with you, Have advised them accordingly. Waiting to hear from them.

Not for the form but if someone is liable for selective service but does not register, be will be denied a naturalization application and can therefore never become a citizen. Note that because a DS can now not be signed without saying one is aware of this, you cannot argue that failure to do so was not "knowing and willful'.

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartD-Chapter7.html
USCIS will deny a naturalization application when the applicant refuses to register with Selective Service or has knowingly and willfully failed to register during the statutory period.

Thanks for the above link, will certainly inform them.