• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

hi guys, I have a question. I read somewhere that the process has to be complete by the end of the DV period, so that means that I need to introduce my paperwork before the end of it and then the process keeps going, or that if I dont have my welcome letter by the last day of the period in this case September 30 my application is dismissed and I dont get the green card. I hope I explained myself :)
If your green card is not approved i.e, the entire approval process completed (successful interview resulting in visa numbers secured and assigned to your case) by September 30th, you will have lost out. By law, No green card can be approved for an ending fiscal year after September 30th.

Hi Mom,
we are still waiting for security clearances to finish. And congress person is helping but no result so far.
Probably it could have been really extended clearance based on my background in sensitive technologies. My clearance for a work visa took 6 month last year...
But now my wife is main applicant, so can I ask (probably mid September if nothing happens) USCIS to split case and issue GC to my wife as MA and 3yr kid if that's are my clearances pending, what do you think?

Hi Mom,
we are still waiting for security clearances to finish. And congress person is helping but no result so far.
Probably it could have been really extended clearance based on my background in sensitive technologies. My clearance for a work visa took 6 month last year...
But now my wife is main applicant, so can I ask (probably mid September if nothing happens) USCIS to split case and issue GC to my wife as MA and 3yr kid if that's are my clearances pending, what do you think?
May I know what's your area of specialization?

Hi Mom,

USCIS is aware of what to do, you don't have to request for them to separate the cases. If indeed your wife's background check has cleared, since she's the PA, they will go ahead and approve both her and your daughter.

They wouldn't hold up the rest of the family on account of your own pending background check if you're not the PA. So when you go for your next INFOPASS appointment ask them specifically if your wife's background check has cleared.

Ok Mom sounds great thanks, I believe they just may be slow on that action as they tend to be slow a bit, but if I mention that they would agree.
Another thing I wanted to ask - do you know how many issued are currently (there should have been some spreadsheets somewhere generated by scanning ceac) just to get idea when they would run out of numbers

Ok Mom sounds great thanks, I believe they just may be slow on that action as they tend to be slow a bit, but if I mention that they would agree.
Another thing I wanted to ask - do you know how many issued are currently (there should have been some spreadsheets somewhere generated by scanning ceac) just to get idea when they would run out of numbers

Simon publishes that on his blog:

http://britsimonsays.com/ceac-data-august-1/

Sorry, still not 100% sure how the CEAC table works. What's the bottom line - 36,575 visas issued and 2,810 in transit (i.e. being processed?), so less than 40k green cards are issued/in progress as of the time of the CEAC data release? Therefore, 10k+ still available ? Even if the numbers are a bit understated, as Simon says, it wouldn't be a huge difference, I guess. Given that 5,600 visas were issued in June, that's just a little scary once you get to September.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Last edited:
Sorry, still not 100% sure how the CEAC table works. What's the bottom line - 36,575 visas issued and 2,810 in transit (i.e. being processed?), so less than 40k green cards are issued/in progress as of the time of the CEAC data release? Therefore, 10k+ still available ? Even if the numbers are a bit understated, as Simon says, it wouldn't be a huge difference, I guess. Given that 5,600 visas were issued in June, that's just a little scary once you get to September.

Or am I reading it wrong?

The 2810 in transit were new 2NLs for September interviews. Each in transit case could have derivatives added, so that means there were around 4500/5000 people scheduled for September interviews.

Now - visas will hit the limits in September - but if you have a scheduled interview there is a visa slot for you. The limits will be hit from clearing AP cases.

The 2810 in transit were new 2NLs for September interviews. Each in transit case could have derivatives added, so that means there were around 4500/5000 people scheduled for September interviews.

Now - visas will hit the limits in September - but if you have a scheduled interview there is a visa slot for you. The limits will be hit from clearing AP cases.
Thanks, Simon. Already had my interview (for AOS, not CP) and the officer said she had all the information needed to approve, and will do so once she gets my file from the KCC, so I guess it will all be fine once the KCC gets to sending the file over to USCIS.

Hi Simon and all, Did they consider the AOS cases when they send the IL for CP, I mean still keep number of visas for those who apply AOS? I am asking specific for Egypt.
Thanks for your efforts.

have couple of questions:
1) is the number(numbers) secured once KCC has sent out the case file?
2) when would be in your opinion a time where USCIS wont be able to safely get visa numbers for EU region from DoS? mid September? whats your estimate?

Hi Simon and all, Did they consider the AOS cases when they send the IL for CP, I mean still keep number of visas for those who apply AOS? I am asking specific for Egypt.
Thanks for your efforts.

I am not 100% certain that AoS cases observe the country nuances of the VB, or that CP cases take into account the AoS issuances. There is a step where the IO is supposed to check that visas are available for a case they are about to approve. I would hope that check to include checking the country limits or exceptions, but would not be surprised if it did not...

have couple of questions:
1) is the number(numbers) secured once KCC has sent out the case file?
2) when would be in your opinion a time where USCIS wont be able to safely get visa numbers for EU region from DoS? mid September? whats your estimate?

1. According to published documents the case number is only secured (from IVAMSWEB) upon approval of the case.
2. We did not see any AoS cases not approved because of no visas last year, but then I think the AoS were all completed by about mid September.

Are you from one of the countries where US considers high risk for technology transfer? http://www.cmu.edu/oie/forstu/pdf/tal-students.pdf