• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello All,
If a document is being translated from one language to English by a person who is authorised to do so in the home country with the stamp of his translation service what all other documents are required with that? For ex his certificate copy, letter stating that he has translated the doc? Thanks!

The only thing a translator is required to include is a signed statement saying he or she is fluent in both English the the language the document is being translated from.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Any suggestions how to push KCC to send the file sooner? Is this time delay on sending a file normal?

Unfortunately, none that I know of except to keep calling every couple of days. Others have reported experiencing such a delay too.

My case on the USCIS website had a soft LUD after I got my biometrics done, but no change to the actual information on there (still talks about fingerprinting fee having been recieved). From reading this thread, I believe this is normal however.

Still waiting on my IL so I can't comment on that, but I believe for the vast majority of people there will be no change due to that too, and changes on the website typically only happen after the interview itself.

Is all this talk over the last few pages about visas running out random speculation or a real worry? I had read through the AOS 2014 thread before I sent in my AOS package and it seemed like last year, even people who had their AOS interview as late as mid/late Sept had no issues with visas running out, so I had assumed the main issue was just getting the GC approved/everything processed before the Sept 30 deadline. Is this likely to not be the case this year? (although I suppose there's not much I can do at this point either way :p)

Mostly speculation. Even if real, it's rather too early for visas to start running out. And what you read on the 2014 Thread is correct, same with 2013 and other past years.

My baby was born safely last weekend! It was earlier than his due but my wife and baby are healthy. Thanks so much for all the advice and encouragement. I'm really happy that we will not have any trouble or concern for the interview!

Now all we have to do is just go to the office for the interview next week. I have two questions regarding this:

(1) Should we bring our baby with us for the interview? We are planning to ask one of our reliable friends to take care of the baby during the interview. We don't want to take the newborn baby to crowded places for now.
(2) Does a certificate with my baby's footprint issued by hospital work as a temporary birth certificate? If not, what kind of document should we bring? It takes 4-6 weeks to get an official birth certificate thus we can't bring it this time.
(3) If they accept a temporary birth certificate, do they ask for an official one afterwards?

Thanks!

Congratulations on the baby!
Mom will know more, but as the baby is a U.S. citizen I'm not sure why you would need to bring either baby or birth certificate to the interview?

My baby was born safely last weekend! It was earlier than his due but my wife and baby are healthy. Thanks so much for all the advice and encouragement. I'm really happy that we will not have any trouble or concern for the interview!

Now all we have to do is just go to the office for the interview next week. I have two questions regarding this:

(1) Should we bring our baby with us for the interview? We are planning to ask one of our reliable friends to take care of the baby during the interview. We don't want to take the newborn baby to crowded places for now.
(2) Does a certificate with my baby's footprint issued by hospital work as a temporary birth certificate? If not, what kind of document should we bring? It takes 4-6 weeks to get an official birth certificate thus we can't bring it this time.
(3) If they accept a temporary birth certificate, do they ask for an official one afterwards?

Thanks!

Congratulations! Really glad to know your wife had a safe delivery and that both the baby and the mother are doing well.

You're not required to show up with the baby for your interview. All you're required to present is the baby's BC. If the temporary BC from the hospital is all you have for now, then that's what you take with you and present.

Congratulations on the baby!
Mom will know more, but as the baby is a U.S. citizen I'm not sure why you would need to bring either baby or birth certificate to the interview?

The BC of USC kids is required for record keeping purpose. It gets filed away with the parents' records.

I think you've actually made it slightly more complicated by the route you've ended up taking. It would have been easier and smoother to have submitted both together. My concern right now is the possibility of the Chicago Lockbox rejecting your own package if it's not too clear to them the basis of your petition, keep your fingers crossed and hope to get the NOA soon though.

Hopefully his own IL will show up soon though and he will continue with his own process. He will of course need to inform the IO of the change in his marital status and will need to take along his marriage certificate and other documents proving your marriage is genuine. You will have to do the same if you make it through to the interview stage before the end of the FY. Otherwise he will have to sponsor you through the F2A process.
How does he inform them of his new martial status?

Congratulations! Really glad to know your wife had a safe delivery and that both the baby and the mother are doing well.

You're not required to show up with the baby for your interview. All you're required to present is the baby's BC. If the temporary BC from the hospital is all you have for now, then that's what you take with you and present.
Thanks for the answer, and sorry I said I had two questions though I actually asked three. We'll leave our baby with a friend and go for the interview with all BC-like documents that the hospital gave us.

Thanks! Called KCC. Apparently the KCC hadn't sent it even though the FO requested it in May. They said they'll have it by the end of the week. I'll probably do an infopass some time at the end of next week?

Sounds like a good plan, follow up with KCC early next week though to confirm it got sent.

Also be aware of the fact that getting an infopass appointment with some FOs can be quite tough, you may need to book the appointment weeks in advance. So you may want to go online and check out the available dates.

Sounds like a good plan, follow up with KCC early next week though to confirm it got sent.

Also be aware of the fact that getting an infopass appointment with some FOs can be quite tough, you may need to book the appointment weeks in advance. So you may want to go online and check out the available dates.

Should I pick
You need Service on a case that has already been filed
or
You need information or other services
?

How does he inform them of his new martial status?

1819769m0a5ifibme.gif

(Sorry...couldn't resist :oops: )

Should I pick
You need Service on a case that has already been filed
or
You need information or other services
?

I picked "You need service on case that has already been filed" - I think it doesn't matter so much what you pick. Once you get there, they'll usually hear you out either way.

Thanks! Called KCC. Apparently the KCC hadn't sent it even though the FO requested it in May. They said they'll have it by the end of the week. I'll probably do an infopass some time at the end of next week?

Thank you, adinutzy or Adina (I'm also born in Romania), for giving me the reason to call KCC and ask if my file was requested or not by the FO. Guess what, it was requested back in May, and KCC hadn't sent it yet...
I'm still waiting for my interview letter to show up and I'm going for my second infopass next Monday. I did file my I-485 back in April (my number got current in June) and my worries grow with every day that goes by.
Now I get to think that my FO is in fact waiting after the file from KCC, since everything else seemed ok at my previous infopass.

I also picked "You need service on case that has already been filed" for infopass appointment scheduling.

This is going to be a long summer.....

And a stupid question: is KCC sending the file to the FO electronically or in a physical envelope? Does anyone know?

And a stupid question: is KCC sending the file to the FO electronically or in a physical envelope? Does anyone know?

It's a physical envelope and they will send my file tomorrow morning to the FO. Luckily it will get there by the time of my infopass. It's kind of crazy that they needed an extra push to actually send the file.

Thank you to everyone, especially to the moderators, for keeping the thread alive. Hopefully, there will be a happy ending for all of us that are still in the race.

Hello All,

I need your insightful thoughts here as usual. My OPT just expired after I sent in my AOS package for August processing. My Finger prints are due in a week.

While sending my package, I sent Pay Stubs for the past three months, a bank statement ($14,xxx), a letter from my employer stating my date of employment, my salary (Six figure salary), and why they want me back so bad.
Just reading from the experiences here, I'm tempted to go ahead and get an Affidavit regardless.
Do you advise me to go ahead and get the affidavit? If yes, can I take it to my finger print appointment next week?

Also I realized I didn't send enough I-20s to justify maintaining my status. Should I carry the rest of the I-20s to my biometric appointment or just carry them with me to the interview?
Thank You so much for all the help.

Hello All,

I need your insightful thoughts here as usual. My OPT just expired after I sent in my AOS package for August processing. My Finger prints are due in a week.

While sending my package, I sent Pay Stubs for the past three months, a bank statement ($14,xxx), a letter from my employer stating my date of employment, my salary (Six figure salary), and why they want me back so bad.
Just reading from the experiences here, I'm tempted to go ahead and get an Affidavit regardless.
Do you advise me to go ahead and get the affidavit? If yes, can I take it to my finger print appointment next week?

Also I realized I didn't send enough I-20s to justify maintaining my status. Should I carry the rest of the I-20s to my biometric appointment or just carry them with me to the interview?
Thank You so much for all the help.
Hi,
Here is my opinion- similar situation like you. If you know someone willing to give you affadavit of support? Why not? I have got it as a back up plan, in case during the interview. I will present it only if the IO asks for it. If you do not know someone, and it will be a hassel to get it, then I think you should be fine, with such nice employment letter, salary and savings. Another thing, you don't have to take it and the i-20's to the biometrics. All you do in the ASC is take the bio letter and your passport, and get the fingerprinting done plus pic. I guess you can take all your i-20's and your i-134 to the interview.

Hi,
Here is my opinion- similar situation like you. If you know someone willing to give you affadavit of support? Why not? I have got it as a back up plan, in case during the interview. I will present it only if the IO asks for it. If you do not know someone, and it will be a hassel to get it, then I think you should be fine, with such nice employment letter, salary and savings. Another thing, you don't have to take it and the i-20's to the biometrics. All you do in the ASC is take the bio letter and your passport, and get the fingerprinting done plus pic. I guess you can take all your i-20's and your i-134 to the interview.
That makes a lot of sense. Thank You so much!! My fear again was submitting more paperwork at the biometric may in some shape or form slow down the process. What do I know? Nothing! May be Mom can help too.