• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

You guys may have further complicated your case by virtue of not simply waiting and filing together. Your husband filed as single(?) in May, then you submitted your own package as his wife and derivative in June when his petition hasn't been approved? Have you received the NOA for your own package since the submission? Indeed it is over for any DV based petition that isn't approved by the end of the day on Sept 30th.
Yes, he filled single in may. No I haven't received my NOA yet.
We were worried about making our case complicated, but a lawyer told us that it wouldn't be a problem. But now I am worried. Could this affect his chances of being approved.
Do you think there is enough time for us both to be approved?

Reading all the replies here is totally getting me worried. I'm sort of in the same situation as everyone else. I was told everything looked fine but that they are waiting for my file (they never said if it's the file from KCC). Should I worry? Schedule an infopass (and if so, what is that and how do I do it?). My interview was at the end of June..

my husband and I were interviewed last Wednesday. The FO called my husband firt even if I'm a principal. I waited for 15 mins and then they came back to the lobby so I was called. The FO asked a ton of questions but he focused on my husband information.

The first question he asked me was "Does your husband work?". I thought because we are F1 so he might want to know that we never work. Moreover, my husband has been living here since 2000 hence the FO wondered how could he live without working.

I insisted we never work. The FO kept asking about our relationship and some I485 questions. He told me that he gave my husband homework to hand in, some school document such as his missing I20, so he need to summit every thing on Friday.

After the interview, we gathered all document that the FO requested and went back to USCIS that late afternoon, 3PM.
The FO made copies and told us he need to sent every thing to the supervisor.
The supervisor is the one who approve the case. However, if he needs more document he will give us a call.

P.S. my case# is AS58xx and the field office is Chicago.

do you have any experience according to the previous years, in two sequence month the number doesn't go up and then they release new numbers for the next month?

I have no knowledge of something like that happening in the past

oh one more thing.
I check my case status on USCIS website but nothing changes.
My status still shows The fingerprint fee was receipted.
How can I track my case?

I don't have any other petitions. The only others were the EAD/AP that I received in May.
I don't know if it is important, but both my wife and my A-numbers changed since I filed the i485/EAD/AP package. Our A numbers are different from all the times we renewed our E2 visas (they never changed before).
However, the officer told me last time they were waiting not on my A-number, but on my T-number or T-file? But couldn't explain what a T-number may be (i asked)..

Is there absolutely nothing I can do, other than to wait until they may run out of visas? I am starting to get so frustrated.

If they said they're waiting for your T-File, that means your Temporary File

Temporary File (T-File) - temporary files created to store documents when the A-file is in another office location. When the office receives the A-File, the documents are merged with the A-File.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_nfts.pdf (p2)
Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do outside of waiting and scheduling another INFOPASS in about 3 weeks' time, maybe?

Hello All,
If a document is being translated from one language to English by a person who is authorised to do so in the home country with the stamp of his translation service what all other documents are required with that? For ex his certificate copy, letter stating that he has translated the doc? Thanks!

Even if you applied the form G-1145, We still need to register online?

The G-1145 is just for the acceptance notification. If you want further notification after that for like when they send out your bio letter or IL for instance, you need to register online. Of course you also have the option of simply logging in online without registering to check, but the process will not alert you or show anything when the IL is sent out.

Hi Mom,

I was selected for 2015 dv lottery. My case became current this month(July). I did my interview last week. It went well but the officer said that they should still wait for my file from KCC. I found out that the Fo has requested the file one month ago and later has reminded KCC too. So, I called tKCC 3 times this week and every time I got general answers that it is processing and will take several weeks. And they can not give me a certain date. Only one operater told me that it will be send by the end of this week.
I really don't know what else to do! I have an infopass at the end of this week. Is it helpfull? If yes, what should I ask them?
I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

If your FO is still waiting for your file from KCC, the INFOPASS appointment wouldn't yield any result. The FO can't move forward until KCC sends the case file, so you have to keep checking with KCC for now.

If your FO is still waiting for your file from KCC, the INFOPASS appointment wouldn't yield any result. The FO can't move forward until KCC sends the case file, so you have to keep checking with KCC for now.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Any suggestions how to push KCC to send the file sooner? Is this time delay on sending a file normal?

oh one more thing.
How can I track my case?

The case status won't update until the GC is approved. No way to track your file other than getting an INFOPASS unfortunately...

Don't they update the biometric appointment & IL on the website?

My case on the USCIS website had a soft LUD after I got my biometrics done, but no change to the actual information on there (still talks about fingerprinting fee having been recieved). From reading this thread, I believe this is normal however.

Still waiting on my IL so I can't comment on that, but I believe for the vast majority of people there will be no change due to that too, and changes on the website typically only happen after the interview itself.

Is all this talk over the last few pages about visas running out random speculation or a real worry? I had read through the AOS 2014 thread before I sent in my AOS package and it seemed like last year, even people who had their AOS interview as late as mid/late Sept had no issues with visas running out, so I had assumed the main issue was just getting the GC approved/everything processed before the Sept 30 deadline. Is this likely to not be the case this year? (although I suppose there's not much I can do at this point either way :p)

Thanks, everyone. I understand nothing should be more precious and important than my baby. We'll check with our doctor and decide how we should deal with this matter. Hope we'll overcome this challenge and tell you guys a happy ending soon!
My baby was born safely last weekend! It was earlier than his due but my wife and baby are healthy. Thanks so much for all the advice and encouragement. I'm really happy that we will not have any trouble or concern for the interview!

Now all we have to do is just go to the office for the interview next week. I have two questions regarding this:

(1) Should we bring our baby with us for the interview? We are planning to ask one of our reliable friends to take care of the baby during the interview. We don't want to take the newborn baby to crowded places for now.
(2) Does a certificate with my baby's footprint issued by hospital work as a temporary birth certificate? If not, what kind of document should we bring? It takes 4-6 weeks to get an official birth certificate thus we can't bring it this time.
(3) If they accept a temporary birth certificate, do they ask for an official one afterwards?

Thanks!

Yes, he filled single in may. No I haven't received my NOA yet.
We were worried about making our case complicated, but a lawyer told us that it wouldn't be a problem. But now I am worried. Could this affect his chances of being approved.
Do you think there is enough time for us both to be approved?

I think you've actually made it slightly more complicated by the route you've ended up taking. It would have been easier and smoother to have submitted both together. My concern right now is the possibility of the Chicago Lockbox rejecting your own package if it's not too clear to them the basis of your petition, keep your fingers crossed and hope to get the NOA soon though.

Hopefully his own IL will show up soon though and he will continue with his own process. He will of course need to inform the IO of the change in his marital status and will need to take along his marriage certificate and other documents proving your marriage is genuine. You will have to do the same if you make it through to the interview stage before the end of the FY. Otherwise he will have to sponsor you through the F2A process.

Reading all the replies here is totally getting me worried. I'm sort of in the same situation as everyone else. I was told everything looked fine but that they are waiting for my file (they never said if it's the file from KCC). Should I worry? Schedule an infopass (and if so, what is that and how do I do it?). My interview was at the end of June..

Have you called KCC to check if your case file has been sent to your FO to start with?

An infopass is the process for scheduling an appointment with your FO:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_lang.php?sel_lang=en

Hello All,
If a document is being translated from one language to English by a person who is authorised to do so in the home country with the stamp of his translation service what all other documents are required with that? For ex his certificate copy, letter stating that he has translated the doc? Thanks!

I got my high school diploma translated in my home country and the translator stamped and signed both documents in a couple of places. He stapled a copy of the original document to the translated copy by folding the corners of the papers. Then he stamped that corner in a way that half of the stamp was on the original copy and half of it was on the translated copy. I had no other document from the translator and had no problem during interview.

my husband and I were interviewed last Wednesday. The FO called my husband firt even if I'm a principal. I waited for 15 mins and then they came back to the lobby so I was called. The FO asked a ton of questions but he focused on my husband information.

The first question he asked me was "Does your husband work?". I thought because we are F1 so he might want to know that we never work. Moreover, my husband has been living here since 2000 hence the FO wondered how could he live without working.

I insisted we never work. The FO kept asking about our relationship and some I485 questions. He told me that he gave my husband homework to hand in, some school document such as his missing I20, so he need to summit every thing on Friday.

After the interview, we gathered all document that the FO requested and went back to USCIS that late afternoon, 3PM.
The FO made copies and told us he need to sent every thing to the supervisor.
The supervisor is the one who approve the case. However, if he needs more document he will give us a call.

P.S. my case# is AS58xx and the field office is Chicago.

It makes sense for them to want to further scrutinize your husband, I'm afraid, being in the U.S. from 2000 till now on a student visa and never having undertaken unauthorized employment can be hard to fathom. As long as your husband never did such and provided he's always been in status, his case should be fine. If not, the worst that could possibly happen is you get approved as the PA, and he gets denied as a beneficiary.

oh one more thing.
How can I track my case?

The online status isn't going to change until a decision is made one way or the other.