• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

You could have asked me to further clarify my post if it didn't make sense to you than claim I said something which I never did!

I apologize if I misunderstand you. But I told you that we don't know exactly where we will settle down after July 26th.
and this was your reply: "You'll rather pay $900 to some attorney to receive your mail, than stay put and pay the extra $300/month for 2 months - August, Sept - which is what is left for the FY to end anyways? "
Thank God, It was not completed.
As a matter of fact, the last time you talked about hiring a lawyer to receive your mail:

This was my precise response to you below:

I challenge you to quote or show the post where I advised you to hire a lawyer for the purpose of receiving your mail!!
YOU ARE FULLY RIGHT. Lawyers understand nothing about DV lottery.
I misunderstood you. Thanks God and Thank you for your advice.

I apologize if I misunderstand you. But I told you that we don't know exactly where we will settle down after July 26th.
and this was your reply: "You'll rather pay $900 to some attorney to receive your mail, than stay put and pay the extra $300/month for 2 months - August, Sept - which is what is left for the FY to end anyways? "
Thank God, It was not completed.

That was clearly an incredulous response - pay $900 to a lawyer rather than $600 in rent, huh?!!

So you are suggesting to hire a lawyer also (as well as Mom). Got it.

:p:D:oops::rolleyes:

Actually, I'm beginning to see a rather lucrative option here, just undercut the lawyers on receiving mail for people. :D
$500 per person for unlimited amounts of mail, cheap at the price :p

I just had my interview this past friday. The interview went ok but at the end of the interview, I got told that they cannot make a final decision yet, and if everything goes well, i should be able to receive my GC within 2-4 weeks....now I'm kinda worried :(

We received interview letters (for me and my wife) today, and mercilessly the date is exactly the same as my wife's due!!! I'm really wondering how they could pinpoint this date. Anyway, this is the worst-case scenario, but good thing is that we have plenty of time before the interview/due date. I think delivering our baby before the interview is a safer option, and for now we are thinking about inducing delivery 3-4 days before the due. Please advise us if you have better ideas. Thanks everyone!

We received interview letters (for me and my wife) today, and mercilessly the date is exactly the same as my wife's due!!! I'm really wondering how they could pinpoint this date. Anyway, this is the worst-case scenario, but good thing is that we have plenty of time before the interview/due date. I think delivering our baby before the interview is a safer option, and for now we are thinking about inducing delivery 3-4 days before the due. Please advise us if you have better ideas. Thanks everyone!
If it were our call, we would not do that: babies, specifically first-borns, tend to be "notoriously late" and, in case, the medical situation of the mother and child should prevail under any circumstances. Talk it through with your doctor, she/he will surely be able to advise you from the medical standpoint. Of course there always will be a remaining risk, yet so be it... Good luck!

Yeah, I would not induce just because of an interview date. Induction has its own risks. You do know that the odds of the baby being born on due date are not that high right - less than 4% - two weeks either way is the normal margin of error. Someone else here took their wife to interview same day she gave birth!!! Better is to contact them now, explain the situation, and ask for advice about what you can do if the birth does end up being the same day (or the day before) the interview.

Sometimes doctors love to induce, I know 2 friends of mine when they went for the last ultrasound doctors have asked both of them shall we induce. Both of my friends have denied that but both of them did induced delivery a week later. Talk with your OBGYN for a better advice.

I wouldn't recommend inducing the baby, unless of course it's recommended by your doctor, and I wouldn't recommend rescheduling the interview either. I would say play it by the ear, the baby could decide yo come before or after the scheduled delivery date. Meanwhile, here's a story I thought you might find interesting, and maybe encouraging?

[URL="http://forums.immigration.com/threads/high-case-numer.311746/page-4#post-2274313"]High Case Numer[/URL]

All the best!

I wouldn't recommend inducing the baby, unless of course it's recommended by your doctor, and I wouldn't recommend rescheduling the interview either. I would say play it by the ear, the baby could decide yo come before or after the scheduled delivery date. Meanwhile, here's a story I thought you might find interesting, and maybe encouraging?

High Case Numer

All the best!

Very inspiring, Mom. Thanks for sharing.

Actually that is the OPPOSITE advice that I would give.

If you have the baby before the interview, you will need to pay for the medical and DV fee and provide a the birth cert and passport for the child. All that is additional cost and delay.

Now, on the other hand, if you manage to interview without the baby being born yet, you get to use a "special" way to get the visa for the baby. No medical fee, no DV fee, extra time to obtain the passport/birth cert. Happy days.

All you do is process the baby for the Green Card at the port of entry.

Actually that is the OPPOSITE advice that I would give.

If you have the baby before the interview, you will need to pay for the medical and DV fee and provide a the birth cert and passport for the child. All that is additional cost and delay.

Now, on the other hand, if you manage to interview without the baby being born yet, you get to use a "special" way to get the visa for the baby. No medical fee, no DV fee, extra time to obtain the passport/birth cert. Happy days.

All you do is process the baby for the Green Card at the port of entry.

Nope, Simon. All the issues you raised wouldn't be applicable, the baby will be a USC from birth.:cool:

:p This is the AOS Thread, goes to show you're spending too much time away from it :p:p

1. There's been a couple - happens every year

2. No choice but to attend the interview as is. Very few reported cases of the IO asking for it, don't know if a case where it became an issue.
Following up on this from a couple of pages/days ago. Having continued reading, I just stumbled upon your post earlier in this thread at http.//forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/page-64#post-2379584 (the forum won't let me post an actual link, sorry). It turns out I did already have the 2NL (the text is exactly the same as what you've quoted). KCC sent me that email around the time I had sent in the DV fee payment, even though I hadn't yet filed DS-260 at the time. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't even know I had to file DS-260 at the time (thanks to my "brilliant" lawyer, and before I came across this forum), so I didn't really pay much attention to it. I had assumed the email was just a generic message for the payment, but still included it in my I-485 package anyway.

Speaking of which, I mailed the package on Friday, and it was delivered to the Chicago lockbox yesterday afternoon per USPS tracking. Still no acceptance text or email, obviously. August isn't far away, but the days are going very slowly. I guess it beats the alternative of them going too fast and dreading Sept. 30. :)

Thanks again!

High Case Numer

All the best!

I think you should try and time it so you go into labor during the interview. They couldn't possibly refuse you if that happens hahaha ;-)

[To clarify - that was a joke!]

Best of the best of luck to you! It seems stressful now, but imagine how wonderful it'll be once you have a green card and a new child all at once :)

And very inspiring story Mom! Thanks for sharing!

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting for my interview letter and I did my bio on 2/19 (exactly 4 months ago)..... I tried 3 info pass at my local FO (Los Angeles) and they all pretty much useless....they told me the same thing every time and they are just waiting for a officer to schedule it....I am thinking to get help from my district congressman to get in touch with USCIS...what do you guys think??
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting for my interview letter and I did my bio on 2/19 (exactly 4 months ago)..... I tried 3 info pass at my local FO (Los Angeles) and they all pretty much useless....they told me the same thing every time and they are just waiting for a officer to schedule it....I am thinking to get help from my district congressman to get in touch with USCIS...what do you guys think??
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop thinking. DO IT!!!

Soo, apparently my H1B was approved, got the notice from work yesterday. My interview is Thursday and I doubt I'll be getting the confirmation paper for that by then. What do I do? Also, hopefully I get the green card, can I then abandon the H1B (and what happens to abandoned H1Bs, does anyone here know)?