• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I can always get my HS degree back from university. The issue is that I am here in USA. And to get it back, I need to show up personally in university and sign a request for that purpose.
Now I am waiting for my OPT, I can't leave USA at this point.

In i-134 form last part no 11, should be intend or don't intend ?
Also the person doesn't have enough amount in the bank but has around 5,000 monthly salary, is it working? Thanks

I can always get my HS degree back from university. The issue is that I am here in USA. And to get it back, I need to show up personally in university and sign a request for that purpose.

Out of curiosity, which country is this?

My mom and sister visited me, and gave me some cash. They left one month ago back home. If I put that money now in my account and it shows up in my bank statement, it would be an issue.
Thanks for helping

I got a traffic ticket last week. I don't know if I should pay or go for hearing. And if I went for hearing and lost, the court record should be included in the AOS package.
Thank you for helping

Thank you very much Mom.

So, can I ask him to Email me the image of his passport and W2? That would be enough?
What about the form? It's half printed and half typed.Is it OK?

There should be a consistency with how the form is filled out, either completely hand filled or typed, so you might want to have him redo the firm and send it back to you with the required documents.

My mom and sister visited me, and gave me some cash. They left one month ago back home. If I put that money now in my account and it shows up in my bank statement, it would be an issue.
Thanks for helping

You can put the money in your account, not a problem as long as you can convincingly explain the source if asked. Regardless, you should still find someone to fill out an I-134 form for you though like I stated earlier.

Mom
Thanks for the support. Like I said earlier family of 2 with primary applicant with a Job of $42000 annually you said I134 is not needed but provide the employment verification letter. Do we have to show bank statements also?

I was in the same situation. I am from Turkey. I wrote a letter to my university, scanned and sent it to student affairs saying I give permission to my dad and mom to get my diploma on my behalf. They gave it to my dad and he sent it to me.

When were you given this information? Today?
yes that was yesterday. Regarding another department they were talking two weeks ago as well. Regarding date that's first time when they said the exact date while previous call stated that it was couple weeks ago when case was requested.

I got a traffic ticket last week. I don't know if I should pay or go for hearing. And if I went for hearing and lost, the court record should be included in the AOS package.
Thank you for helping

If you opt for a court hearing, regardless of of whether you win or loose the case, you may have to provide a record with your filing, especially if the traffic incident is drug or alcohol related, or if the fine or penalty for the traffic incident is $500 or more

Unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug- related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf (p.3)

Mom
Thanks for the support. Like I said earlier family of 2 with primary applicant with a Job of $42000 annually you said I134 is not needed but provide the employment verification letter. Do we have to show bank statements also?

It's important to understand that everyone is responsible for providing whatever document they think may be necessary to ensure a positive outcome for their case. We listed all the documents that could possibly be used by a petitioner on the AOS spreadsheet. So you have to decide on your own what and what you're willing to provide. I don't want anyone to turn around at the end of the day and say "but you told us ......"

Well, I'm not sure which country you're from, but people in similar situations seem to have found some way around this and have succeeded in getting the Diploma. Have you explored the options they talked about?

You can get a new original one from your HS district as I did.

I was in the same situation. I am from Turkey. I wrote a letter to my university, scanned and sent it to student affairs saying I give permission to my dad and mom to get my diploma on my behalf. They gave it to my dad and he sent it to me.

As a matter of fact, I'm also from a country where getting a copy of one's college transcript involves visiting the college in person (that's the official policy) - there's always a way around the policy for people living outside of the country. A designated person is able to do so on the candidate's behalf just like @Engin did above.

Please for Form I-131, how should I fill the "Part3: Processing Information", and "Part 4"

You fill it by providing the information they're requesting. Your question is too broad for anyone with no knowledge of your plans to answer in this forum.

In i-134 form last part no 11, should be intend or don't intend ?
Also the person doesn't have enough amount in the bank but has around 5,000 monthly salary, is it working? Thanks

The person must answer "Intend to" and provide information as to the kind of support they're willing to provide you with.

As long as the person's annual income is enough to meet the required poverty guideline minimum which covers the number of people in his household and your entire household combined together. The following link should give you more about how much a sponsor is required to be making annually based on the household number I talked about above:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

yes that was yesterday. Regarding another department they were talking two weeks ago as well. Regarding date that's first time when they said the exact date while previous call stated that it was couple weeks ago when case was requested.

It normally doesn't take this long for KCC to send in the case file, except of course for at the beginning of the FY where there was a considerable delay mainly due to the introduction of the DS-260 form. They've since picked up the pace. You may want to visit your FO, visiting them could cause them to send a reminder request to KCC.

Hi Mom @Sm1smom. We went for our interview yesterday. After checking in, the officer called our number about 10-15 minutes passed the scheduled time for the interview. He then directed us to his office and asked us to raise the right hand and say the aoth ( I did not expect that!). Then he asked for our passports and explained that it is his first DV case so he will follow the instructions from a printed draft he had on his desk. He then went over our documents again and again and again... for about 10 minutes and did not say a word but took some notes sometimes. Then he asked us the questions on I-485 form and spend a few more minutes reviewing the documents and checking the instruction. Finally, he removed the I-94's from both of our passports and said everything is OK and he will approve our case after requesting visas from department of state and that we'll recieve the GCs in 2-4 weeks. I asked him if background checks have been done and he responded yes.

I have two questions now: 1) Why did he remove I-94? I was told it should'nt be removed until we exit the country for the first time! ( I asked him and he said we should keep it in file). And 2) How long does requesting visas from DOS take? It's been more than 24 hrs and our case status has not changed. I thought it would get approved yesterday!

Thans again Mom!